Controller profiles not saving

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

Yes

Brief description of the issue:

Velocity One custom profiles not saving

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Try to duplicate default profiles, amend the duplicate and save it. New profile does not save.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Xbox X and Turtle Beach Velocity one.

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

Since 40th anniversary update.

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

It looks like a bug has occurred from the Anniversary update.

I can confirm on Xbox any custom controllers settings are not saving. This, for me is with the Turtle Beach Velocity One. But I have seen on other threads this issue is not specific to one controller brand.

Also, as happened with the last FS update all my previously built custom setups have been deleted. So this is a frustrating issue for anyone spending lots of time building custom settings for their controller and specific aircraft.

Microsoft/Asobo hopefully will fix this. The more people that comment on this thread the more attention will be drawn to the issue - so please contribute.

As well as fixing the profile saving issue I feel the developers need to look at a way of protecting current user custom controller profiles so they don’t delete on every major update. Perhaps a way to save profiles locally on the cloud to recover if needed.

Please, anyone experiencing this issue contribute to this topic.

8 Likes

I’m having the exact same issue with the 40th update and my VelocityOne custom profiles.

My previous ones were wiped out after the MSFS update, and when I go to create a new custom profile it will appear to save, then it’s gone, leaving only the default profiles for VelocityOne to choose from.

Super frustrating that this is not tested before rolling out the MSFS update!!

3 Likes

1 Like

MODERATOR EDIT;
I have the same problems as you with my thrustmaster hotas !!
The sim is unplayable for me because the default >settings do not suit me.
Why make an update that is penalizing?
You have to test it before publishing it!!
And when will there be a solution?
Thanks to those working on this issue.

J’ai les même soucis que toi avec mon thrustmaster hotas !!
La sim est injouable pour moi car les réglages par défaut ne me conviennent pas.
Pourquoi faire une mise à jour qui est pénalisante ?
Il faut la tester avant de la publier !!
Et quand est ce qu’il y aura une solution ?
Merci à ceux qui travaillent sur ce problème.

1 Like

Same problem with Thrustmaster T.Flight Hotas One

Thrustmaster T.Flight Hotas One with xbox series s

2 Likes

yes

after su11 40th anniversary update, any new or duplicate controller profiles are not saving

2 Likes

Wow. After starting a request with zendesk, they suggested turning on and off the online functionalities in the data section if general options. After that didnt work they now suggest completely deleting my cloud save, which will permanently, unrecoverably wipe our logbooks. I dont think im ready to try that just yet, but if it comes to it, I’ll take one for the team. Lol

2 Likes

Yeah guys, after my previous reply, i took one for the team and…

210 flight hours gone, some bush trip progress and nothing.

Problem persists.

Don’t delete your cloud saves guys.

6 Likes

Hello,
Thanks for the advice.
I don’t want to erase my 102 flight hours for nothing then!!
Wait for the fix.

1 Like

Seems to be that no one is unable to provide a solution at this stage , this issue basically renders the V1F useless
thanks for letting us know that it did not work as it saved us the hassle.

4 Likes

Same issue here with my HOTAS ONE on series s. All previous profiles are gone. Only discovered the bug after trying to alter a profile created prior to su11 update. Somehow my keyboard profile survived. At this point I’m just going to stop playing before something else within the sim decides to break irrevocably.

2 Likes

They responded to me about this issue, they said uninstall and reinstall… we shall see.

1 Like

Can anyone help me im going mad… With my controller profile settings.

Controller options-
Controller Default.

If I try to change any setting in here eg Active Pause from LB and assign RB

I get the message CREATE NEW INPUT PROFILE FROM CURRENT SELECTION
Please enter a name for this new input profile:

So I’ll rename it ONE

OK and Y to save.

(See photo it’s clearly there)
Controller
ONE

however WHATEVER I do next I lose that profile ONE …

Eg…
Resum flight OR go back to main menu and back in to settings and the only options I have under controller are Default… Fighter jet…gliders
…heli…

But no ‘ONE’ ?

I don’t know what I’m doing wrong?

Please help?

2 Likes

You’re actually not doing anything wrong. This is a known and very annoying bug. I have reported it several times including doing a work ticket and so far it just seems to be ignored.

3 Likes

Yes, definitely a bug. I’ve stopped playing the sim until it gets fixed. A real shame, flight sim was becoming an amazing experience before this bug hit.

Please keep voting and posting on this thread so the issue remains prominent, and hopefully resolved.

5 Likes

Yes, I am having the same issue. Xbox with just a controller, no peripherals. None of my previously saved controller profiles are available for me to choose, including controller profiles that I have used for months now. Any time I go into the Control Options menu, it reverts to the DEFAULT controller profile if I previously tried saving a custom controller profile. The other controller presets GAMEPAD (GLIDERS, FIGHTER JET, HELICOPTERS) will remain selected if they were previously chosen.

It seems that any changes to new/duplicated/saved controller profiles will save temporarily and be functional in game but will go missing when entering the Control Options menu again and all previously changed assignments will revert to defaults no matter how the Control Options menu is exited.

For example, I want to assign buttons for Gliders EXTEND and RETRACT SPOILERS. While in game, from the GAMEPAD (GLIDERS) preset controller profile, I will assign buttons for the spoilers. I then Apply and Save and enter a new name. I’ve even tried many different names and it seems to save like normal. Then I return to my game in progress, the spoilers will work with the newly assigned buttons. But any time after that when I return to the Control Options menu, it loads into the Default controller profile and my newly created controller profile with my spoiler buttons assigned is no longer listed.

For other tests, after entering the Controls Options menu again, I have tried canceling in order to go back to my game with new assignments, but they are removed each time just by entering the Control Options menu. It’s as if entering the Control Options menu is corrupting any user changes.

4 Likes

I followed their instructions and reinstalled. This fixed my issue.

3 Likes

Im on the beta, since the patch after the 40th anniversary update was released, all my settings have turned to helicopter settings. Which makes planes unflyable. Rudder stuck to left and not able to alter. Had to come out of beta to return to flying. Setting now back .

2 Likes

Interestingly, if have a similar, but not same experience:

When I alter a (Velocity One) profile and save it, it works most of the times.
Usually, immediately after saving, it’s all fine.

Only SOMETIMES the just recently saved settings are gone, while the profile file itself still is there!

Seems to be some kind of cashing or synchronization error.

Stefan

1 Like