Controller profiles not saving

same thing happening to me. settings are not saved. Did a thorough uninstal and deleted everything I could find re Asobo , did a new instal. Same thing , not saving profiles. having a hard time to get it to save the default

I had same problem. Microsoft store version stores profiles in the cloud. I deleted my profiles in the cloud, yes it can be done, This is howI did it .
go to command prompt cmd and enter this
C:\Users\your user name>start shell:appsFolder\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App -DeleteCloudSaves
Hit enter and close

Startup msfs , go to control options started up msfs went to control options and checked to see if keyboard ,mouse joystick ,throttle quadrant were all back to defaut and no other profiles showed up when you click the arrow buttons to see other profiles. All were default.

then under Filter select Assigned, then I went to my joystick and deleted all assignments that I was not using. Did the same for keyboard, and throttle quadrant if you have one. Then go and set up your controls as usual. It will ask you to rename the profile after you change the first one.
This worked for me and have been flying heli and fixed wing, starting and stopping etc etc and all profiles have remained as I had set them

Many thanks to my flying buddy for all his help in this.

1 Like

Couldn’t get the command to work. I tried both with and without an space between “>start shell” and many other ways. It always gives me an error saying it cannot find the file shell or that the filename syntax is incorrect.

Hello, If I remember correctly ,I had to type it in , copy and paste did not work. I started by opening the command prompt in the search bar bottom of my screen . Just typed in CMD and it opened the commad prompt. Then I typed in the sentance.
start shell:appsFolder\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App -DeleteCloudSaves
did you miss the period after the word Microsoft , I missed the firsrt time I typed it in.
It should work. After you hit enter you need to go back to msfs and see if all the profiles are gone.
here is where the command came from
https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/4409228619538-All-versions-How-to-delete-your-cloud-save

But do you have MSFS also installed in your PC or do you run it through xCloud without ever installing the sim?

I don’t have and never had it installed in my drive, could that be the reason this folder doesn’t exist?

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

O mesmo acontece comigo, perdi aa configuraçÔes de controle e não consigo salva uma nova configuração

Currently reinstalling on xbox. With my current WiFi speed it’ll be 16 hours so hope it works

yes, even after some console reboots and connecting and disconnecting the joystick

Only helicopter config available. No way to modify or create new profiles

1 Like

Same issue. Truly frustrating.

Reinstalling the game in the XBOX fixed the default profile, now I can fly the Cessna 172.
Most of the config was saved in the cloud, flight time, fly options and others were there.
Now, pending to confirm I can create new profile.
Tough fix (around 3 hours), somehow scaring, I was assuming losing all the info.

Hope it helps,
Best regards

Well, what if you fly through the cloud version only? I cannot install the game in my Xbox One, I can only directly run from the cloud, and the control bug remains.

Any idea on how can I fix this?
Microsofr apparently doesn’t care and completely ignored the issue for 3 months already.

1 Like

I also was a Xbox One/Cloud Gaming Beta player and I feel your pain. I finally decided to give a quality “no” and cancelled my Game Pass subscription; lessons learned with this developer/publisher/distributor.

4 Likes

Having same issues the past number of months. Terrible and no support.

3 Likes

Same here but with the default Xbox controller.

3 Likes

3 Months Microsoft - I’m trying to teach my son to fly - these major bugs keep getting in the way of us doing the basics on the XBOX cloud version with standard controller. Why haven’t you fixed this issue controller not saving issue yet which is the fix for one of our problems to correct the rudder not self centering?

3 Likes

Have same issues over recent period.

1 Like

Same issues.

1 Like

I’m still having this issue. no control schemes will save, and as of 20 minutes ago my left thumb stick stops working halfway through loading in the game, it’s still working fine everywhere else on my PC but not there. Im done for the night ig. I’m trialing the Xbox game pass. I was thinking about buying flight Sim outright but now I don’t know.

1 Like

Oh man I feel the pain on that one you’re trying to teach your son to fly in the whole ■■■■ application sucks butt, the ruddder! Very frustrating

1 Like