Controllers assigned to an specific aircraft

It would be nice to be able to assign the controller/s to an specific aircraft. So you could use the yoke for a Cessna, the stick for the Airbus or another stick for helicopters. Or you could assign a quadrant with throttel, prop and mix for the Cessna and another quadrant for the use with an Airbaus or Boeing for example. No need to switch between the controllers - similar/ equal to X-Plane 11.

Can’t you do that by saving individual profiles?

Yes, that would be fantastic! The other thing that would be great, is a replay camera. I’ve had the sim for a week now, and no idea what my approaches and landings look like.

1 Like

You can set each one up individually, and save them. You just need to manually select which profile you want before each flight if you change aircraft

1 Like

OK, so I could setup a collective controller (as throttle 1) for an helicopter and also another throttle controller (as throttle 1 too) for the airbus ? And before I choose the heli or the aircraft I can choose which one I will use and there would be no interaction ?

So I will give your hint a try !

P.

Ok, I gave it a try. But it doesn´t work like I mean.

Best example for the best solution in this special case is X-Plane 11 !

P.

Not sure how you tried this, but it does work. What to do is save a setup for each plane for each controller. If you don’t want to use a particular controller for a particular plane, then set up that controller as all unmapped for that plane and save that. Then when you switch a particular plane, just set all your controller profiles to the saved settings for that plane, and you are done.

Ok, now I got it. Oh man this solution is really not the best one. Changing the aircraft means a lot of adjustments/ changement in the controller(s) setup page. If you just use 1 controller ok that is no problem, but if you use multiple controllers it is too much work. A much more better solution is to asign the controller(s) to the plane profile. That means by choosing the aircraft the controller(s) setups will be loaded automatically with the plane. I am sad with the MSFS solution. Just too complicate and tedious. The X-Plane controller setup is much easier/ better.

Regs
P.

1 Like

I agree… much easier in X-plane. It should not be that hard for them to change the code so that it remembers which controller setup goes with which plane. I believe this should already be included. I wish this could get voted high enough for them to take a look at changing this:) Please give this a wish list vote up top if you read this.