Controlling a twin engine complex aircraft with a logitech extreme 3d joystick

I folks, I wonder if anybody has advice I can use. I have a logitech extreme 3d joystick. I’ve been using it with default settings which work ok on single engine airplanes. The flipper is a good throttle control, and seems to work fine operating one engine in singles and both engines throttle levers in the twin properly.

With single engine a/c I just adjust the throttle pitch and mixture with the mouse. But in the twin, it forces me to adjust them one at a time. Is there a way to bind the two pitch handles and mixture handles so they can be adjusted together?

Keyboard shortcuts?

I believe if you use the TARGET software or whatever they have you can effectively set custom keybinds. Like if you wanted Mix 1 you can make it so you have to press say a Button 4 + Throttle is Mix 1, Button 5+Throttle is Mix 2

Sort of like Shift + (KB Button) but for a joystick

That sounds like what I need.

1 Like

yup. look into it. I don’t think FS2020 really needs additional bindings on a single joystick but once you start investing into it as a hobby rather than something you play a few hours a day depending on who you are you’ll end up with all the panels and quadrants after so much time has gone by. Games like DCS however starts getting kinda crazy since selecting, targeting, arming and dropping ordinance in any given plane is like 8 difference steps condensed into 3 keybinds across a hotas

Generally speaking it’s easier to rebind keys on the keyboard for easy and quick access with your left hand. There should be mix increase/decrease buttons so it would just be a matter of binding easy-to-remember keys.

thanks for the tips. When looking at the existing key bindings, I found cntrl-F2 and F3; and Shift Contrl F2 and F3…give me more or less prop pitch and mixture, and the dual levers work together.

Still have to remember which is which! LOL

I use this joystick and the ‘flipper’ controls all throttles - from memory there are a few different options for binding throttles and one of them binds all available throttles in a given aircraft to the one throttle on the Extreme 3D.

The only problem I’ve had is that a couple of single engine third party aircraft I have require the throttle to be bound to throttle-1 or it doesn’t work at all. So I’ve made separate profiles for them.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.