Copilot preset camera is tilted down slightly in VR - how to tweak/fix?

Whenever I load the Copilot preset camera in the FBW A320 or PMDG DC6 it is tilted down slightly - it is not as far as an instrument view, but far enough to make me feel sick quite quickly, and obvious if toggling between captain and copilot camera.

Is there any way to tilt the camera back up or reset the position? Thank you.

(At the minute I like to choose copilot seat so I can use my right-handed physical joystick in my right hand and VR controller to interact with everything else in my left hand. At least until the virtual yoke/stick is improved!)

Can’t you just move the captain’s cam over with right arrow?

Yes and this is indeed my current workaround. The problem with this is that the vr zoom doesn’t work properly like this, it moves back to the captain position before zooming in.

1 Like

Every camera position should have a unique entry in each aircrafts “camera.cfg” file (usually burried in the simobjects folder in the aircraft folder.

There should be a “copilot” camera config.

Look for the section that looks like this:

InitialXyz = -0.045, 0.73, -2.2
InitialPbh = 1.5, 0, 0

Set the InitialPbh to 0,0,0.

The 1st value is the axis which will affect the “looking down/up” angle. Lower (negative) will be looking down, higher (positive) will be looking up.

You can either reload the aircraft via the developer menu or restart the sim to see the effect.

1 Like

I will take a look, many thanks !

A trick I use is to save a custom camera view and then copy the values from the custom position into the camera.cfg.

It works great for saving the default pilot position. Which the sim will often reset back to in some cases.

1 Like

I just found a nice workaround for this issue, if you don’t feel like / can’t (marketplace aircraft) edit the camera.cfg: starting a flight while already in VR, or restarting it while in VR, seems to reset the rotation values. Might not work with every plane but seems to do the trick in the Aerialsim F-117.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.