Correct liveries for the right Airports

Dose anyone know of anyways to show the correct Airline liveries at the right airports, for example I am seeing Frontier Airlines at Heathrow airport, I want to make flight simulator a realistic experience but its hard to come by at the moment.

also I do not see the correct liveries for multiplayer aircraft without vatsim so is there a way to fix this also?

Its quite difficult to alter this. There are static options on flightsim.to called Static AI that attempts to correct this but its limited and you have to turn static aircraft down to zero in the sim settings to prevent double parked aircraft. And it does also require having models and liveries such as IVAO to make it work. Its not very satisfactory.

We really need Asobo to give us a way to set gates to certain airlines and for the sims engine to spawn the correct planes and liveries at those parking spots. This is some way off unfortunately.

Yes, this can be achieved with this mod.

Ensure you do all the steps!

It’s already possible, you just can’t do it through the SDK yet. You need to do it externally with something like Airport Design Editor.

Parking codes were a thing in FSX and have carried over to MSFS.

Livery/aircraft creators also need to add the ‘atc_parking_code’ line to the aircraft.cfg file.

So there’s a lot of coordination that needs to be done. Airport authors need to add the codes, aircraft/livery makers need to make sure the code is in their aircraft.cfg file.

Aerosoft are coming out shortly with a programme called Simply Traffic which will do this. I don’t know what the release date is.

Yes but only for non live AI using flight plans, it doesnt work for Live AI Traffic.

It should work, when live traffic taxis it it uses the same system as offline. I saw a WJA live traffic flight taxi to a WJA parking spot. Might have just been a coincidence.

Ideally it would work like that but at the moment aircraft still spawn randomly from what I can gather reading the limitations posted by organisations that are working on AI products.

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/167443-simple-traffic-preview/

And we are pretty close to a release in fact.

6 Likes

It only works if you turn off static aircraft. With live ai and static aircraft on aircraft spawn at random for the statics.

Well yeah. I wasn’t talking about static

It’s going to be random as long as airports and aircraft don’t have parking codes

The liveries’ aircraft.cfg does have Parking Codes. I’m just not sure either the airport gates themselves have Parking Codes, or that the sim’s engines just doesn’t utilise them.

None of the base sim or World Update airports have parking codes, and very few third party ones do.

I know all of simaddons.com MSFS airports have parking codes, as do some of Drzewiecki design’s airports (not all though)

The problem is there’s no AI aircraft packs out yet that use Parking Codes. AIG’s traffic will once it releases. Maybe once that’s out third parties might start adding parking codes (if they feel like it)

Even if they do have parking codes, if the sim’s engines can’t utilise them. Then it’s still wouldn’t work.

That may be true
 but I’ve reworked all my liveries to get them working as an AI traffic with matching parking codes. But the question still remains, even if I have an AI liveries with matching parking codes, and Drzewiecki Designs airports that have parking codes as well, if the Sim’s engines was never written to have parking code matching for the ground aircraft spawning, then the parking code fields would be useless anyway.

1 Like

Yea a lot of work still needed before the sim will properly place live traffic, spawned aircraft and static in the correct places, its not just a case of using parking codes.

Parking Codes work.

They don’t work with static aircraft no, but offline traffic works with them, and I’m pretty sure live does as well.

Parking codes were fine for P3D and FSX, and work the same in MSFS from what I know.

They don’t work with static, but I don’t understand the point of static, they just take up places actual AI planes could use.

It’s my understanding that the purpose of static aircraft is so that with Live AI there are planes around the airport other than those that just landed and those that are boarding. With Static, planes are converted to boarding ones when MSFS determines it’s needed for a flight. And with static, once a plane lands and parks it eventually turns into a static. With the Live AI system that Asobo came up with static are required so that planes wouldn’t pop into (just appear) and out of (disappear) existence.

I don’t think they thought it through as to what would happen when people wanted to start having appropriate liveries instead of randomly generated default ones.

Again, this is just my understanding and I may be completely wrong.

I think we need all to understand the correct terminology here. The way that I understand it is:

Static Aircraft: Are stationary objects that are usually placed by scenery developers directly into the airport gates. These types of static aircraft objects generally disable the parking spots from being usable by anyone. Even on the world map, you’ll see spots and gaps of selectable gates that’s suppose to be there but they’re not usable. Depending on the developers, sometimes they put certain aircraft models with liveries but they’re treated as a static object that’s a part of the airports themselves. They don’t move, they don’t go anywhere, they’re permanent and will never disappear.

Ground Aircraft: Are separate aircraft objects that’s randomly spawned by MSFS sim engines with the sole purpose of populating the parking gates. The number of population of these ground aircrafts can be adjusted in the Traffic Options under Ground Aircrafts slider. The more you place, the more the spawn. But these ground aircrafts are currently random. They can pick from any livery in your pool of liveries and spawn them randomly depending on the parking types. These Ground Aircrafts also doesn’t move. But if there’s a Offline/Live AI Traffic spawning, the Ground Aircraft usually disappears and replaced by that traffic. It is with these types of ground aircrafts that I don’t think the ICAO Parking Code matching is currently working based on the MSFS sim engine.

Offline/Live AI Traffic: These are the “moving” traffic that MSFS spawns either from the Offline AI Traffic Flight plans, or download directly from the Live AI Traffic data. They can spawn at a gate, or they can spawn mid-air already in their flight depending on the flight. I never really use Offline traffic myself, since I always use Live Traffic. But from my experience, I always find them to park at random spots as well. But of course, it could also be caused by the airport not having a proper parking codes themselves. But I’m also questioning on the MSFS Engine to properly match the parking code as well even if they do have a matching one.

Even if the Parking code matching is working on the MSFS sim engine, I do find it a little bit half-working since it doesn’t work on the Ground Aircraft as I mentioned above.