Could somebody tell how many fs-base files are in their OneStore folder please?

Ok, I’m still stuck on this ‘looping’ issue with the present update. But it may not be actually looping, I’m now doing a full install and currently the installer is installing

fs-base-cgl-0.1.21.fspackage

Now when I was first installing the current update it appeared that it was this ‘file’ that was looping, I say looping because the install was supposed to be approx. 9.5GB. When the install got to around 9GB it would reset back down to 8GB and continue down loading the fs-base-cgl-0.1.21.fspackage with an incremental postfix number. I was assuming because of the download bar resetting to 8GB that the postfix numbers were because the installer couldn’t overwrite the files already downloaded and therefore was adding the postfix numbers as it tried to download that particular file. I’m now thinking when I look at this current reinstall that is not the case at all, these fs-base-cgl-0.1.21.fspackage should be there in a number of many files, this is why I’m asking anybody could have a look for me and tell how many of these files there is supposed to be.

I think the original Sim Update had wiped these files out of my folder and was actually re-downloading the files again, only that the installer was funky somehow making it appear that it was trying to download in a loop that fs-base-cgl-0.1.21.fspackage file over and over.

This current install is loading the fs-base-cgl-0.1.21.fspackage with postfix numbers (at 012) at the moment, but the download bar is continues and the GB count is not resetting but actually adds the GB count when the file is downloaded. I hope I have made my self clear as it is hard to explain in text lol

Can anybody help please?

1 Like

the fs-base folder contains…17,455 Files, 159 Folders and 14.5 GB (15,663,322,724 bytes)

1 Like

Hi there Grumpy3355

Are all those files in one folder because these files that are being downloaded are being installed in the root -OneStore- folder?

Yes, OneStore fs-base (only) folder.

1 Like

Same happened to me…download was suppose to be 7.97 gigs… would get to 7 gig and revert back to 6.32 gigs…took me 2 1/2 hrs to update…didnt touch anything just let it do it’s thing… luckily I havent had any issues with the update.

2 Likes

This is my Onestore

folder at the moment

I would use those number roughly because number of files will vary slightly across any user’s installation. I have 14.6 GB as shown on disk (understood by File Explorer as 14.5), 17,449 files and 159 folders. So rule of thumb would be about 14 GB and change. That’s about all you can expect from a consistency view.

1 Like

Thanks, I’m just trying to work out if it is a looping error, or those files should actually be there in a fair amount of numbers, I’ll let it play out as it is for now then :slight_smile:

Thanks, that’s why I’m thinking the actual MS Store update, the small update that was downloaded from the store first, wiped out these fs-base-cgl files and that the main installer was installing them back in, but was deceiving because the download bar and GB counter were resetting to 8GB or 7GB in your case. I’m on the DVD Premium Deluxe package, so it could be something to do with that.

1 Like

looping here too, Store version. No liveries!

Let it loop, I don’t think it’s actually looping, the MS install has removed around 70GB worth of fs-base- files, the main installer is actually reinstalling those files back into your OneStore folder. The Gotcha here is that the progress bar and GB count on the installer interface is bugged, it’s actually not looping although it looks like it is because the progress bar and GB count goes back to around 7-8GB. It’s going to take a long time to load so don’t panic, it took me around 5 hours to install at around 22MB/s :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.