Countdown A320 Fbw

how do you get the countdown system on the plane that says 1000 meters, 500 meters, etc. for landing?

i only use the fbw mod plane

please remember …it is not a countdown… it is the radio altimeter, whitch measures the height (not Altitude) above ground. It should work automatically while you come closer to the ground.

It is built in to it, but there have been a few issues with the callout’s lately.
What type of the mod are you using?
Is your version current?

I think it activates when you’re on APPR phase in the MCDU PERF page.

i am using the dev version of 320fbw but never heard it, sorry is no countdown system but didn’t know exactly what it was called

normally you don´t have to activate the radio altimeter… that sounds like a mod-problem or somethink else

1 Like

Do you have the latest version of the mod?
It is just known as the altitude callout, which does indeed only activate when landing.

i do the update of the fbw mod every time. so I suspect that I am always up to date with the version

1 Like

Check audio settings maybe? reset your sound settings back to default, and crank every volume to max. Then check on your Windows Audio settings, do you have multiple audio devices active, like headphones, etc? chances are, the radio altimeter callout could be outputting to a different audio device. If you only have one device, it should force all sounds to go through that.

Then there could also be audio signal/format. If you turned on spatial sound and you don’t have dolby atmos, there might be some sounds missing. Or even vice versa too.

Also, make sure you have “default” for Settings - General - Sound - Communications Selection.
There are several other settings in the “sound” category which could affect this, if you haven’t already tried them.

ok thanks, i’m going to try that in the evening

1 Like

also no “approaching minimum” and “minimum” event the DH is set in the fmc…works in the default a320 but not in the FBW dev version…same with you guys ?

it’s fixed, warning sounds were turned off, now turned on and everything works perfectly, thanks to everyone.

1 Like

No, my mod version works

What is the last word (not always) from callout after he said " 50, 40, 30, 20, 10 … retard, retard!!", just right before touch down moment?

“Five” the callout at 5 feet from the ground.

1 Like