Cowansim H125 released

Baracus, didn’t you learn a thing? (sorry when it sounds like an add, but it’s the truth:) Get a solution like https://www.axisandohs.com/ and create a profile that is automatic loaded when you start a flight. Yes, there is a little learning curve ahead, but you will never touch the in game profile editor again.
You can even make just one template and make Just one exception (H125) for the time period until the devs have a meeting at a round table to discuss why it is not always a smart idea to change things 180° without a rime or reason in an update.

Then you make this change only once, and you have not to pull out a different profile each time when you start a flight in a different aircraft (btw: and you won’t have to simply choose from a drop-down menu… No, and you also won’t have to cycle all of them and watch them getting loaded. HAHA, it’s getting loaded automatically.)
… sorry, I hope no ones mind my satirical input.

Well, the loading of profiles automatically is not my concern (I use Aircraft Manager Pro by SonicViz) but just wondering why all of a sudden it’s changed here, or if I am missing something.

Just leave it reversed and provide us with videos of your muscle memory convolutions :blush:

Seems strange that just one a/c from a developer would be different though. I don’t have the H125.

1 Like

The right question to ask is: Why I have to care about it?, why I have to get a third party add-on to deal with such nonsense?
:exploding_head:

LOL, you really don’t wanna see that! I got myself into a right mess before realising what was wrong just now!

And yeah, why change it, if that is what’s happened?!
I did not try any of the other Cowan product updates that I own yet as I see they all got updated very recently (yesterday?) so maybe they ALL are like it! So silly…

2 Likes

Cowansim meme
:partying_face: :tada:

Sorry CowanSim, you may have your reason (, you didn’t tell us), but this it how it looks from the outside.

Edit

I think that some developers are just not aware in how many different fashions their own aircraft can read input data or just miss one thing or another when pushing an update out, and it is rated as `not important". And this results in a lot of confusion among users and developers.
This kind of discussions often pop up after an update.
Some have to change their profile, some not.
Rarely, there is a question about, how exactly do you generate your input? Simconnect, Msfs Helicopter controls or General Inputs.
We just “correct” our profiles and move on until next time it happens… What ever it is, this problem is not user related. It happened also to other developers, and I bet it will happen in the future too.

Only tried the 206 after the updates and that was fine and actually very enjoyable

1 Like

Why don’t you have the collective bound to the collective axis?

Please search for “cowansim collective axis” and you will see that this an ongoing thing among people that use the MSFS throttle axis or the collective axis in the options menu. And it is also different for users that use a simconnect input. It just sometimes changes within updates.
Edit
I think that some developers are just not aware in how many different fashions their own aircraft can read input data. And this results in a lot of confusion among users and developers.

Because all my choppers work with throttle axis, and I have seen some (can’t remember which) that specifically says NOT to use collective axis. And I don’t want unnecessary profiles unless needed (already got a gazillion). Do you think that would solve it, across the board? I can try!

I can only say that it works for me. I have most of the cowansim choppers as well as the CH-47 and a few others.

I think that some developers are just not aware in how many different fashions their own aircraft can read input data or just miss one thing or another when pushing an update out, and it is rated as `not important". And this results in a lot of confusion among users and developers.
This kind of discussions often pop up after an update.
Some have to change their profile, some not.
Rarely, there is a question about, how exactly do you generate your input? Simconnect, Msfs Helicopter controls or General Inputs.
We just “correct” our profiles and move on until next time it happens… What ever it is, this problem is not user related. It happened also to other developers, and I bet it will happen in the future too.

Cowansim, and many other developers, covered their back by writing “you may have to tick reserve the axis” in their manuals. But come one, even between updates; without notice?, get a grip.
Whatever it is, this is not consumer friendly, when your self have to try and find out what is + or -.

Last sentence: Every developer has no problem to advertise his product in this forum, how many are troubleshooting here?
Now think about 78 years old Joe Smock, will he find this post?

1 Like

oh wasnt aware you said throttle axis i use collective axis on all and throttle axis for the throttle

1 Like

Same here, and it works without problems on the H125.

@Baracus250 You know what this means? You finally need the collective you have been eyeing for a long time :grin:

2 Likes

Yes! Thank you so much. This worked. Deleted my unnecessary profile! That was driving my OCD wild lol

Yeah my bad. Never thought to try changing it coz it always worked as I wanted (since helis came into MSFS2020) this way for all I fly. Should be better now!

But weird thing is the Propeller Axis is what works for actual “throttle” (twisting the grip) in the Fly Inside Bell 206.

1 Like

no, no, no, it’s the fault of the developer. It is too common nowadays to blame the user, and make yourself believe it.
Makes me sad.

You did nothing wrong in the whole process.

Hi all - recent update after SU15 has killed my VEMD engine data screens - o matter where or how I start, they never turn on. Nothing in Community folder, not even a livery.

Josh knows and is working on it - just wondering if anyone else having the same issue. Thanks.

No issues here using the latest version.

No issues on the first flight but after shutting down the engine the screen will not fire back up. I have to restart a flight.

The H125 was updated today on the marketplace. I assume this is the latest update from a few weeks ago (v2.1) whose contents I don’t know. It’s still discounted and I’m toying with the idea of buying it, especially that the H130 is said to be trickier to control.

However, I’m using an Xbox controller only and no other device to fly and trying the two default helicopters I’m not exactly comfortable with flying them yet. Is the H125 more stable / easier to control, or how does it work with a controller, does anyone have experience with this? I wouldn’t like to set new bindings and profiles and learn yet another new way to fly just for this.

2 Likes