Crash, crash, crash,

Actually it wasn’t me who solved the issue with updated sound drives.

I did adjust some of the graphics settings in the sim, but that’s pretty much it.

Haven’t switched Nvidia defaults.

Have run without browsers, or antivirus, and I don’t do torrents.

Crash crash crash
Until de last update, my fs was ok.
Now, every time I fly, after 1 hour or so, the flight crash, simple quit without explanation.
Could it be possible the Asobo get better instead of worst every time an updates coming?

5 Likes

I have the same problem

2 Likes

Here same problem :frowning:

1 Like

I have the same problem, but it is about 2 to 5 minutes after starting a flight.

1 Like

I was having the same CTD issues at any point in flight. In another thread it was suggested to perform a re-installation, which I did. So far have tested more than 2 hours with no crash. The only pain is the fresh install which will take a while and you will have to reconfigure to previous settings… I guess the remedy is better than suffering CTDs not to mention the frustration of incomplete flights.

1 Like

I was flying just 30 seconds ago when suddenly it crashed. The screen have got frezed 3 or 4 seconds and then crash

flying over 3 hours from Lisbon to Sofia, when was just 20nm from landing game crashed …
no report or any info was generated to send to support…
very annoying

I don’t think is much useful as I cant provide any pattern for crash, anyway. PC is i9-9900K, 64Gb RAM, RTX2080Ti

Worst game ever. I jus finished the 6 hour installation process of Premium Deluxe which I bought Dec 25, then came the World Update of US that I can’t skip. Halfway through, it crashes EVERY single time. I uninstalled/reinstalled it around 8 time which takes around 6 hours each or more. I already did literally all the stuff suggested to fix the issue.
Update MS Store
Update Windows 10
Update drivers
Update XBox
Sign off/on from MS Store
Sign off/on from XBox
Run Diagnostics on DX11
Check app-xpackage on MS Powershell
Uninstall/Re-install MSFS2020
Reboot before and after every step
Etc…
I also checked my laptop’s system requirement for this game.
I mean come on. This is the worst, infuriating and most expensive game I’ve purchased. DOTA2 is better and it’s free to play. But this Flight Sim is the worst.
I totally regret the decision of byying this game. I havent even tried to fly once. Once!!!
The installation is a burden and annoying one. I cannot skip the update which causes it ti crash!!!

Have you tried deleting and then restarting rolling cache? This stopped my crashes after last update

Stopped my CTD too.

Still having this problem. Happens at any time of flight, it is just making me lose my willness to fly this way.

same for me

Same here!

Don’t know if this will help anyone but here goes. When I installed back in Oct. I stopped 12 or thirteen BOOT startups. I only had 16GB. No crashes of any kind. I now have 64GB, so I’ve plenty. I still have those startups stopped. No extra aircraft or other additions purchased or installed, only Honeycomb Yoke and Quadrant. Sometimes the screen would freeze for a few seconds, but that’s all. I’m running an Acer Predator I7, GTX1060. Never crashes. Try stopping some of those startups if you don’t really need them. The printers for example load some stuff. Skype is another I don’t use. Others are related to some of the software installed, but not essential for the programs to function. Worth a try. I keep a list of what I’ve stopped.

I would suggest trying a system file check on windows as I have no problems with CTD at all at the moment , the only time it happened to me is when there is a dodgy addon installed, latest was my own doing as I was trying an import from FSX, once I removed it everything is working again without issue.

You need to open a command prompt as administrator, then type ‘sfc /scannow’ without the quotes, this will check windows systems files and should repair any corrupt ones.

It may help, hopefully.

Cheers

Crashes on me all the time

so what if you’re running a 99th percentile gaming beast ( and know how to operate it), and still agree with this guy. Far too many software problems are being dumped on to the user. They really need to do a better job of creating this software to run properly, or at the very least to self diagnose their conflicts with Microsoft’s software

I was plagued by CTD over and over for months. No extra addons installed (or so I thought), the community folder was empty. But somehow I had some 3d party orbx airports purchased from MS marketplace and they were obviously installed in the official folder. After I removed those addons from MSFS, surprise. No crash. Just a thought, check your addons purchased from the MS marketplace. Remove all of them (vanilla msfs) than enable one by one and see which one is crashing your sim. Maybe it will help. For some reason addons bought from MS marketplace do get updates very slowly and some of them are crashing the sim.

How to get rid of the dialog box stating that “WARNING Flight Simulator has crashed” ???

1 Like