Crash to desktop if chrome is opened before flight simulator

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

no

Brief description of the issue:

every time I open Google chrome before flight simulator, it causes a ctd without error whilst loading the simulator. If I restart my machine and load flight simulator first this ctd doesn’t occur.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

na

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

as above

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

i9 9900k 32 gb ram, rtx 3080ti. Honeycomb bravo, thrustmaster warthog stick. Thrustmaster rudder peddles.

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

current version (not beta)

Hello @sthackrey,

Are you using the live SU9 build or the SU10 beta build? I constantly have Google Chrome open and never get a crash like you describe when launching MSFS.

Thanks,
MSFS

1 Like

some times the hardware-accelleration makes trouble, but then often its more caused from driver (nvidia). Is all up2date ?

It’s Su9. It’s been happening for a few months now. I usually do all my flight planning in simbrief. So I noticed whenever I had chrome open with simbrief page open then start flight simulator, it will always crash to desktop while starting. When I start flight simulator first, let it load to the main screen then open chrome there is no crash. Strange hahah

Everything is up-to-date. Really strange.

I used to have this issue as well. It was one of several triggers for a crash. Try disabling hardware acceleration as @MichaMMA mentioned - the instructions are a bit different per browser but for Chrome it’s Menu > Settings > Advanced. Under System, disable Use hardware acceleration when available. Not positive that it’ll fix it, but it’s a good place to start.

1 Like

I had a similar problem where MSFS loading would freeze, if I had Chrome open. This problem was caused by having “vertical sync” set to “fast” in Nvidia settings.

1 Like

Thanks for all your responses. I wonder how prevalent this issue is? I see many people complaining about ctd whilst loading. I wonder if they are aware of this problem. @SeedyL3205 are Asobo aware of this problem? May be worth seeing how many people it affects…

I will test the solutions above. Thanks everyone and have a great weekend.

Did you find any solution? I noticed that i have the same problem. The only way to bypass the freeze is to press the windows button on keybord.

why not try a different browser ? … e.g. Opera etc… Chrome, with its new Ads-Blocker-Limitation have may be per se not a future. Otherwise the hints are given… The best is , go into your nvidia settings and reset to default :wink:

The setting that couse the problem is the V Sync when is set to Fast in NVCP. I dont know why, but this is.

When its on it freezes with chrome/edge/mozzila. No matter what browser i have choose to work.

Something was changed after the updates.

1 Like

Once I have loaded into flightsim main screen (where you can setup your flight) I open chrome without any issues.

Thanks for that hint!

Should be on a more prominent position!
That helped in my case