Crash to Desktop New issues

Two crashes to desktop in one hour. Both happened as I opened the VFR map. I am guessing the VFR map maybe just the straw that broke the camels back. The source of the issue must be a memory leak elsewhere.

No game crashes up until Japan update.

Bush flying activity - brought up VFR Map - Crash. (landed at location after retry, no completion).
Japan ā€œTourā€ after 20 mins or so - Crash.
VFR flight Scotland - Crash.

2 Likes

Please donā€™t mix things up. The crashes when using VFR map are known issues. There is no need to report them in a thread where people report unexpected CTDs and try to figure out what caused them.

1 Like

Had the same issue yesterday, flying out of Anchorageā€¦ during departure, back to desktop with no messages whatsoever

I only mentioned this as itā€™s the first time this has happened to me. I reported crashes in the order they happened. :+1:t2:
I must have been fortunate not to have had crashes up till now :slightly_smiling_face:

Thought I solved my issue by limiting frames to 30 in nvidia control panel since the MSFS limiter is so terrible. Was flying today in the CJ4, doing pretty well compared to previous flights, AI offline traffic set to 50 percent, ATC set to windows text to speech and not azure. Decided to open VFR map mid flight and crash. I though the known issues said I need to open it at the beginning to ensure no crashes. Or does that mean I can only open it at the beginning of the flight? Their communication with the community needs work.

Same problem here, CTD after updating. So fed up. Starting to get the sim to run smooth, then comes a mandatory update that destroyes everything! Suggestion: Keep the updates comming, but please dont make them mandatory.

Same here, on the Japan trip in 5000 ft on Autopilot without any input or movement, no AI enabled for anything: CTD

Quite annoying!
Even more annoying is, that this might be an issue with Windows 10- 2004 and the solution is to roll back my system :-1:

What makes you think that? Please donā€™t put out rumors which might cause people to revert windows updates without proof that it actually helps anything.

5 Likes

I suspect that theyā€™re mandatory because some fixes or improvements must happen simultaneously on the server and client side.

Iā€™ve having these crashing issues too. What iā€™ve noticed sometimes is that the camera gets wonky and kinda has a mind of itā€™s own, then about 5-20 seconds later, the game crashes. Just after i told my wife i thought it was about to crash(she was enjoying seeing japan). It has happened in free flight at cruising altitude with no movements in another part of the world too. I used to let a flight take place overnight while i slept, and now i wake up to the game having been crashed.

This has all started after the Japan update.

I havenā€™t reinstalled yet, but others have to no avail, so iā€™m reluctant to.

Get Your ā– ā– ā– ā–  together Microsoft

6 Likes

That is No rumor, its included in the ā€œKnown Issuesā€:

See at
" Issues with Windows 10 version 2004"

cheers - and chill

2 Likes

Had 2 flights with new batch
A320 crash in midair
TBM930 crash in midair

It is starting with the camera behaviour ā€¦
camera will switch to wideangle and camera keycommands stop working
ā€¦after some 20 sec ā€¦MSFS will crash ( and or not restart )
unflyable at the moment

2 Likes

Last patch, not a single CTD even after 5+ hour flights. Japan patch and itā€™s back to CTD after under an hour of flying. Lovely stuff.

I installed the free Japan update but want to uninstall it. How do I do that?

Me too, CTD after the latest update, enjoying a scenic flight of Japan (the new timed option) and after 1/2 hour or so CTD.

Removed all overclocks etc. happens every time pretty much around the same location (because thatā€™s how far you get in 1/2 hour)

What a shame, please Asobo, sort this out ASAP - hotfix patch or whatever is required.

My system is 10850K 1080Ti (waiting on my 3080 pre-order :slight_smile: ) ASUS Z490-E, so specs are very high. Running everything on Ultra with 8x8 textures at ~42 FPS.

Just my 2c to go with everyone elses.

Grrrrrr.

Jon.

1 Like

same here. when opening the map, crashā€¦

1 Like

Ditto. Double Grrrrr.

Ok lotā€™s of very frustrated people out there including me.

Upto now I have had no CTDā€™s until this so called update fixing things.

Let us look at what pressure the DEVELOPERS are under.

1 Microsoft themselves, that is Reputation.
2 The Backers, investors, bean counters, and bankers.
3 The World. Think if I was the commercial part of Japan (example), come and fly over our lovely country and now come and see it for real. Covid-19 when possible.

I could go on but you get my meaning.
It infuriates me that they bring a fix out, release new content but also Break it in the process.

same here, halfway to finish japan tour activity, and all the sudden it crashed, and actually this is the very first time I encounter CTD problem, never before, with my 30 in-game flying hrs. Going MAD!