Crash to Desktop when loading flight

Hi all,

Sorry to make a new topic. I’ve reported to Zendesk the other day but no help as of yet.

Recently, and out of the blue - I am no longer able to load any flights.
I am able to load MSFS to the main screen but as soon as I attempt to load a flight, it will crash to the desktop at the loading phase.

I have emptied my Community Folder, played around with settings, tried different aircrafts, different locations. Tried to spawn mid-air. All result in crashing to the desktop when loading.

The sim ran okay up until a couple of days ago. (of course a couple issues here and there but nothing too major).

I was wondering if anybody else has encountered this, and what they have done. Please help. :slight_smile:

I have went into Event Viewer and found the following;

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5fc94fca
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5fc94fca
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000c7cd8c
Faulting process id: 0x20d8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d6d5ac22008142
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.11.7.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.11.7.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Report Id: 66cc64e2-8207-4cbd-8b13-0cfb150335a3
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.11.7.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

and

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5fc94fca
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5fc94fca
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000db2a76
Faulting process id: 0x2b1c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d6d3fd2b7afeb0
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.11.7.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.11.7.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Report Id: b235dc65-2c65-442f-8931-755321620cb3
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.11.7.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

My system specs are average but it still worked fine on them before hand;

RAM: 16GB DDR4
GPU: GTX 1060 6gb 6600k
CPU: i5-6600K @ 3.50ghz

Same here! I had another update of the sim today and I was able to fly out with Cessna. I am get CtD with the A320 Flybywire
I9 10900K @5ghz
64 Gb of Ram
RTX 3090 FE
Only SSD and Mvne drives

Are you creating a flight or are you loading an existing flight from your files?
Did you have any Windows updates around the time it started happening?
How about Nvidia drivers, are they current?

Hi mate,

Thanks for the reply :slight_smile:

It happens when I try to load a new flight. I haven’t actually tried a saved flight yet.

All drivers are up to date and even did a fresh reinstall.
Windows had an update around this time. So I’m not sure if that’s had an effect.

Do you have a controller?
Try the sim without it if you do.

If you’ve already emptied your community folder, try deleting your rolling cache.

Is there a way to do that if you can’t get into the game?

Take a look in: C/Users/Name/Appdata/Roaming/Microsoft Flight Simulator - inside this folder there’s a ROLLINGCACHE.CCC file.

1 Like

FlavorFlav365, I think, has the right idea.
Several people have reported deleting the entire ROLLINGCACHE.CCC file (and some had to include the flightsim.cfg found there as well) corrected what seems to be, this same problem.
Let us know.

i have same card as you ,had crashing when upgrade 16 to 32gb ram my XMP on MB was off i turned it on and no more ctd’s.
for the card i did complete uninstall of nivida drivers then reboot pc install newest drivers i didn’t install
nivida Experience and left settings alone in nivida control panel only checked that v/sync off.

got these tips from other simmers and worked for me, some things to look at.

I had the same problem like you…Zendesk told me to empty the community folder, because some add ons arent compatible with FS2020…So I did and it worked…after that I put the add ons, one by one, into the community folder again…the result: A livery pack for the a320 (Star Alliance) caused the crash to Desktop…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.