Crash to desktop without error message

I don’t know why a flight simulator is released on the XBOX anyway :smiley:

6 Likes

Because good eye candy and money and because they can. Hopefully the Xbox version will be stabler and MS/Asobo will learn something out of it and/or use income from console sales to keep improving the sim (and it needs lots of improvement).

Whether all this has any appeal to hardcore flight simmers, it’s not for me to say.

Simply put, money. It just really seems like these updates are poorly, if at all, tested before release. Every single one of them has been a nightmare. You can almost bet that the forums will light up on update day with posts like what went up today. The must test better going forward.

I really hope something good comes from this, i have spend a lot of time getting msfs to work /install again on my PC without result, got a lot of advice from good willing people from Zendesk and on this forum. I hoped yesterday update would fix my problems, but it did not. I can install the game from the store but upon first run it crashes in the first scenery screen on both of my desktops without even downloading content. I agree with many others on this forum that the fault can not be on the users side only, there is something structurally wrong with msfs. And it needs to be fixed.

1 Like

what we more or less expected, because we assumed the issue lies, in your case, not in game.

1 Like

@ All

Please don’t forget to:

• add the message from Windows Event Log
  • basic system specs
  • possible tools running in parallel ( e.g. Afterburner )

PS.: say “I have a CTD” is like to say “my car will not start” :wink:

1 Like

Finally fixed my sim. For me, it was not re-installing the FBW 320X. I never use that plane, so I forgot to do it. I re-installed via the FBW installer, restarted my sim, and now I’m sitting on the runway in my F-15C at KAUS. Let’s see if I make it to KMEM…

The general advice for any new update is to fly default planes only until you establish a baseline of stability. No community mods whatsoever. Once you have a few flights completed with no issues, then begin to re-introduce mods. That way you know if it’s the sim or the addons.

2 Likes

Same, getting CTD on mine, I run my RTX3080 undervolted and no other games have had any issues. Although I am going from 40fps to now 70fps I just rather the last update, least it was stable.

1 Like

I’ve been at this since release day last year. Well aware of that. Either way, I’m in the air in my 78X with no issues. It’s smooth and looks great. My community folder and all mods are back…all 1300+ of them. LFG!!!

Ah, so you had an out of date mod causing the issue? Yes, that’s another potential cause.

No. I had 320X items in my folder that didn’t attach to a 320X plane. Once I re-installed the FBW320X via their installer, everything worked fine.

So a broken mod then, or not installed correctly. Fine, but it was still an addon causing a crash.

Again, no. The mod wasn’t installed at all. Had the mod not been deleted in the update, there wouldn’t have been any issues.

So the mod was somewhere other than the Community folder? As that’s the only way a sim update could break it. That’s a poorly designed addon then. If your mod involves altering core files, then they should rethink how they implement that.

A sim update won’t touch your Community folder contents.

For the n’th time, no.

Have it your way, but you either have a working, compatible mod installed, or you have an incompatible mod installed, or a working mod not installed correctly. Glad you fixed things, but it wasn’t the sim, but the addon causing the issue. Perhaps if you explained It better we wouldn’t have got to this point.

Have fun flying!

They’ve tried testing updates on a select beta audience and it seemed to work to a degree. Maybe they should try it out on rigs that are already experiencing issues though rather the increasingly few players that have no issues (and probably provide no feedback in any case). Testing is entirely different from just flying around in random locations which the majority of beta testers will do. It should involve slowly increasing the complexity until you hit a problem then trying to replicate the issue.

I wonder how many customers have left because of this latest appalling rollout? At some point everyone needs to cut their losses.

MS and Asobo need to set aside the next 12 months to just consolidate and debug what is already out there. Stop adding ever more scenery and features and just fix this. At the moment they are trying to change a wheel while the car is still moving. If they carry on like this there won’t be any customers left to cater to.

2 Likes

You’ll notice in the change log that possible crashes when flying with AI traffic is there. An acknowledged crash scenario in a change log. That makes for disappointing reading.

1 Like

my MSFS 2020 start giving me ■■■■. After recent update now its keep CTD. Error I manage to pull out from Windows event viewer:

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.18.13.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.18.13.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000019e3567
Faulting process id: 0xadc
Faulting application start time: 0x01d78399db39b806
Faulting application path: G:\Game\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: G:\Game\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Report Id: f5f6ac2c-e5c7-48ad-bffa-bf838d5d2d61
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Does anyone know a work around?