Crash to desktop without error message

Hello.
Make sure that windows recognizes disk D where you have the MSFS 2020 installation.
Restart the PC several times to see until it recognizes it and does not ask for those 29gb.

the pc recognises the disk drive alright…i even did a chkdsk on it, no errors found. i dont know what the blazes is going on, it was perfect earlier.

Not only does it recognise the D Drive but it is installing the 29 GB into the correct folder as well. So the drive is ok.

thanks for reporting back and bring the former out-of-topic disccussion from two users back to what this topic here is: searching solutions / workarounds for CTD.

1 Like

Hello everyone,

this is a friendly reminder to please stay on topic, as other users have already noted.
The primary focus on this thread should be to report and hopefully solve CTD issues.
For similar CTDs that occured after SU5 including the hotfix, please also see or use:
Repeated CTD's 1.18.14.0 & 1.18.15.0 .
For feedback concerning the update please use:

Thank you.

2 Likes

the error message within window event viewer, is it the cx00000005 ? or a different one ?

I have Exception code: 0xc000005

that’s not good, because not easy to find… it can be all. But in case you see also “grammar.pggmod” you run into a map issue, then see : 100% reproducible CTD at specific coordinates for months [grammar.pggmod]

Otherwise… the former issues about was things like xmp mode ( memory ), usb devices, mods, etc.
But there is a new update and so we can’t sure and have to check mods ( and I remember older issue with these mentioned ‘li… megapack’, in-game settings ( may be atc ), etc…

Can you also post the whole error message ?..

- System

|||- Provider

[ Name] Application Error

|||- EventID 1000

[ Qualifiers] 0

Version 0

Level 2

Task 100

Opcode 0

Keywords 0x80000000000000

|||- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2021-08-03T06:52:33.3874820Z

EventRecordID 61397

Correlation

|||- Execution

[ ProcessID] 0

[ ThreadID] 0

Channel Application

Computer DESKTOP-6US2JCR

Security

- EventData

FlightSimulator.exe

FlightSimulator.exe

c0000005

00000000009e077d

1a74

01d78821653ce640

D:\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe

D:\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe

659aae48-11b5-4673-ae03-8328c218c310

to add on. only mods i had installed was the livery megapack. nothing else. I have cleared the community folder now

Since SU5 this thing crashes more than my 8 year old on his bike.

3 Likes

frist time for me in mid flight between Malta and Singapore 2 hours in. What i am finding strange is i have to download 29 GB upon restarting the Sim. I know im not the only one who had this though at least but it is puzzling

the info from windows event viewer “general” Tab is sufficent info and less text :slight_smile:

some users, but so far I remember often MS-Store users, reported about re-dowanloads. Was the setting about the install folder correct or does the installer forget your “D:\xxxx” path ?
Is you D: drive an “external” drive ?

Setting was perfectly correct, it remembered the folders location and this is the Steam Edition. D Drive Internal, i never install games etc on external drives always internal

1 Like

Just a reminder that there are official tips about avoiding CTD’s here in this forum. Some may now be out of date. See link below…

I stop Windows Explorer when running my simulator. I use Razor Game Booster to close down a number of background processes too before launching the simulator. Using this method with Razor, it’s easy to close Windows Explorer. I noted that this is suggested as one of the tips for avoiding CTD’s.

I always close Windows ‘SearchApp.exe’ which can lead to high CPU usage. WARNING If you do not re-enable it you will loose your search window on Task Bar. It’s fine to disable this while gaming. I do not normally link to game booster’s however, at the moment I find this tool very useful especially for it’s extra features. Of course, make sure your anti-virus is set-up to exclude all the important MSFS folders, (they may not be all on one drive!).

Anyway, If you have not read this closed thread then please do.

Charles.

1 Like

Thanks but i have followed all that already and also use Razor Game booster. Like i said in my first comment. windows is fully up to date as are my GPU drivers. One point of interest is that is seems to be more prevailent amongst us who use Nvidia cards…I myself running an RTX 2070. Wonder if thats a common factor ?

If they dont start fixing things, looks like ill have to go back to FSX until they actually do something. :frowning:

drivers for GPU are one of the big thing in forum… Nvidia and AMD. You can check to install a former version of gpu driver, there are realy good threads about in forum.

But…

sounds not like a reason for panik :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have noticed too, that Nvidia GPU users are predominately having problems and I think it might be related specific, (later) cards. We might even get an optimised or hot-fix driver, (perhaps) for the new simulator.

BRGDS

Charles.

im not panicking but why when i restarted the game did i have to download 29 GB when it was already fully updated ? from what i can tell the redownload was airports and airplanes no scenery

1 Like

i have no answer :relaxed: … I have a guess, that a config file goes corrupt while crash, but it’s a big guess. About these “re downloading” there are also existing topics. May be you can check whether a user find allready a reason ( I fear not ).

I not assume that you have to redownload each time a ctd will happen.