Crash to desktop without error message

A solution worked for me.
I had crashes as soon as I launched a flight (click “fly now”)
My disk where MSFS is installed was in exFAT (which until the last update was not a problem), I therefore formatted the disk in NTFS and no more crashes by clicking on “FLY now”.
I have not tested in the long term if there are crashes but at least I can launch flights now.
Hoping that it can help some

1 Like

I dont think it has to do with frame rate limitations as same crashes occur even in lower setting os the sim. And have had fairly stable sim for many months till the latest update… much lower laptop runs it without problems…

ähmm… yes… why I mentioned to try this, is just because we have not less cases like happend for @Larryadd ( Crash to desktop without error message - #5171 by Larryadd ) . Its just only a test whether this helps, and in case it helps the users get a good starting point where possible the issue is. Of course there are many other reasons for CTDs :slight_smile:

we heard this often and then it was the opposite of that :wink:

then, it’s all clear for you… We can ask the moderators to close that topic ?

:sob: am geting fed up with ctd now

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000001f45d54
Faulting process id: 0x24e0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d78c50e0c0d1ef
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.18.15.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.18.15.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Report Id: 0deb97d7-1894-4e3a-8ada-3d95dd465348
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.18.15.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

Yay! I’ve had my first CTD of the new patch. It was one of the “ucrtbase.dll” ones, but I already have the US English language pack installed.

I was spawning at San Bernardino International (KSBD). The sim crashed before I spawned in. I relaunched the sim, then I spawned in without issue, and was able to finish my flight to KLAX.

KSBD has some really messed up buildings. 90% of them are missing. I can’t be sure I chose the same parking spot when I spawned so that may have something to do with it for all I know.

its not only that reason. 409+ucr…dll was often the lang pack.

Then comes the sound driver issues on top ( may be since a windows update x ) which cause also the ucr…dll , but with error 409 or 005. ( or also sometime somewhat is blocked from e.g. anti-vir tool )

And we have the rare reported cases of 005 + ucr…dll where we are not sure what the reason was ( e.g. I remember VR case ).

Mine was the 005 kind. I haven’t installed that optional update for Windows, the preview of the next Cumulative Update. But since my CTD was not repeatable, and I was able to spawn as well as finish my flight without any more issues, I’m inclined to leave things alone for now.

It fixes other issues aswell but I suppose if it’s nothing you need then sure, then don’t. Personally I’d like to go back to straight after SU5, no CTDs, 45fps London rooftops @ LOD 200 but since then the 1st hotfix has cost me several frames, the 2nd I don’t think so.

1 Like

Thank you. Formatting my external SSD from exFAT to NTFS seems to have completely fixed the crashes for me, I’ve just done a 2.5h flight with no issues whatsoever (keeping FPS capped at 30, but I’ll try to uncap and see if it changes anything).

2 Likes

I use the Premium-Deluxe-Edition and have crashes (CTD’s) every single time I use the simulator.
A friend of mine flies the standard edition and cannot notice any crashes.
Is there maybe a problem in the “large editions” of the flight simulator? Can anybody confirm this?

• my community folder is empty
  • rolling cache reseted (deleted and new one created)
  • turned off AI-Traffic, Multiplayer and live-weather
  • deinstalled / deleted FlyByWire A320 and any other marketplace-addons except the Asobo-addons
  • everything else is done as described in the Microsoft / Zendesk Help Guide

EVERY SINGLE TIME I WAN’T TO PLAY FLIGHT SIMULATOR 2020 I HAVE A CRASH TO DESKTOP !

1 Like

I have premium deluxe. With SU5 my CTDs vanished, so I cannot confirm.

I also have the Premium Deluxe, my constant CTD’s were created by SU5, but the last hotfix solved the problem.

Constant CTD for me as well. Went through every single step along with reinstalling windows and no luck

Hello.
Try deleting what this folder contains.
C: \ Users \ YorUser \ AppData \ Local \ Temp

A lot of folk that install to 2nd drives are having various issues particularly external drives, do you mind if I ask?

Done, didn’t change anything. Still have CTD’s…

same here, still crashes as soon as i press Fly

Just after take off within the Norway bushtrip leg 5, CTD.

I’m trying again as we speak, no CTD as of yet🤞🏼

Hi, i tried today a flight out of EFHK (payware add-on), CTD after 10min on the ground, just after i finished my cockpit prep. with VATSIM…working during those 10min.
Then EKCH-EDDM with VATSIM: no CTD, but VATSIM crashed upon taxiing in EKCH, and refused to login again. I performed the entire flight without prob, except the fact that VATSIM still doesn’t work since update.