Crash to desktop without error message

I have gotten CTD quite frequently since SU5.

i5 4670k, AMD RX 480 8GB, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, 750W PSU

I have made sure none of my components are overclocked, running everything at factory spec values.
I have the latest driver from AMD. Didn’t use to have CTD, I think I had a few of them in total before SU5 but now I get them every other flight.

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.18.15.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.18.15.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000001a10c07
Faulting process ID: 0x1f68
Faulting application start time: 0x01d7936e67d73f06
Faulting application path: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Report ID: 5456699c-cefd-42eb-a884-8f4d11fae1b3
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

I believe the developers need to look at this! Every flight now Is ending in CTD on a PC that never experienced this problem?

Hopefully the patch next week will fix the crashes, but I have almost no faith in the game coders anymore.

2 Likes

I may try some of the troubleshooting Walkthrough provided! With caution!

Perhaps the developers can look at there changes on last update to resolve a CTD on a machine that’s never had one?

Origin:

64G ram
RTX 3090 GPU
Intel l9 factory clocked

This machine has run this sim without a hiccup guys? Only minor problems with updates!

Since the Sim Update 5 I couldn’t complete a single flight without getting a CTD either, but today, I was finally able to complete a 6 hours long flight. After trying out so many different suggestions and a few things I thought of myself — heck, I even bought a new PC (was planning on doing that anyways), — it turned out that live weather was causing my CTDs. Had no issues with it before, pretty much always had it on, but turns out I can’t use live weather since the update.

this looks like an possible reason… how much free disc space you have ?

Today I started having issue, I simply can’t load the game. Launch it but screens turn black then CTD.

I clean the community folder and restart the computer but nothing changes.

I never had any issue in the past and the only thing I did before this started is flying offline above the Everest and Paris.

Amy ideas ? thanks.

60GB :slight_smile: more than I used to have in any case.

but may be not enought… can you check pagefile setting ?.. did you tried already set a manuall min/max value ( e.g. 8 / 20 ) ?

Huh, really? I always fly with live weather, it’s close to a necessity for me anyways, so if the resolution is to turn it off it’s not ideal. I can’t test this until next week though as I am not at home.

I will test it today!

I will let you know

Interesting! Live weather off and no CTD? Perhaps live weather is not only causing altimeter and ATC issues, but possibly CTD? Needs a few more flights to insure this, but I have never completed a full flight since last update? Also noticed a loss in flight director control when in real weather—aircraft turns off GPS heading and heads to ground—manual recovery and reset AP.

Unable to play since SU5

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.18.15.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.18.15.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000026b50b8
Faulting process ID: 0x4348
Faulting application start time: 0x01d7952d8db41257
Faulting application path: G:\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: G:\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Report ID: fb4a6655-bda3-453f-b5fd-e8cdb2627ae9
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

That’s not supported hardware and whatever you might think it’s pandering to the 3090 brigade that led to the need for a performance upgrade for those actually with supported hardware further down the chain.

Ive gotten so many CTD and I’ve tried with everything turned off but if you plan a flight that’s over 2 hrs for me it crashes every time so I’ve been just doing shorter flights

Well, two test flights without real time weather and everything worked fine! We knew about RTW causing altitude, and ATC differences, but looks like my CTD and auto pilot malfunctions may also be related to real time weather?

I noticed the aircraft handles differently landing when realtime weather is off?

I tried testing this the other day attempting to do the “frequent flyer miles” achievement (i know its bugged and impossible to get) but 2 tries one with live weather on and one off of just letting it do its thing with all of that turned off still caused the crash midway. Turning off live weather got me the farthest out of the tries but still crashes after a extended flight

I just experienced CTD too when taking off at night from a Tokyo airport. What I noticed before it crashed was some artifacts on the screen around the lighting. Interestingly, the GPU was only around 60% at the time, CPU was even lower. Temps were early 60s as well.

This was running a stock 2070 Super, with an i5 10600k which was running at 4.5ghz at the time.

1 Like

Did a long flight yesterday with no problems in the Longitude. I tried again today and every time I start a flight I get a CTD with no error message. How can this sim be so inconsistent? Working one day fine and the next day it crashes continuously??