Crash to desktop without error message

Hey guys, how many of you who use the game pass version? I notice that all of my friends who got random ctd while inflight is using the game pass version, and the one who buy it at windows store or steam didnt get any ctd. Im curious if its the issues.

I too have been experiencing crashes to a re-boot for 2 of the last 3 weeks. The initial week was relatively stable but week 2 on, the program would crash to re-boot almost every time when trying to start a free flight from the globe option. Training, challenge and navigation options had far fewer crashes on startup but almost always crashed when exiting the option or program.

Have tried many of the suggestions made here (eliminating overclocks, upping the cashes, increasing the pagefile, etc, etc. etc.) None have eliminated the problem. I would suggest a simple spreadsheet interface until this can be fixed. It won’t be pritty but should work.

I have one week left on my xbox trial. If not fixed by then, I am out of here until who knows when. What a shame!

1 Like

Tried for several weeks but never got more than ten minutes before crash. Got to the point where the disappointment was greater than worth it. Going back to more reliable platform. Maybe come back someday when this platform is ready for the average user.

2 Likes

try more cpu voltage with 4.3 and up

Guys vote up so it can make it to the next patch list

random crash (to desktop, no errors) on a 320 night flight.

Nome dell’applicazione che ha generato l’errore: FlightSimulator.exe, versione: 0.0.0.0, timestamp: 0x5f467af2
Nome del modulo che ha generato l’errore: nvwgf2umx_cfg.dll, versione: 27.21.14.5206, timestamp: 0x5f34699f
Codice eccezione: 0xc0000005
Offset errore 0x0000000000ca48c0
ID processo che ha generato l’errore: 0xb9c
Ora di avvio dell’applicazione che ha generato l’errore: 0x01d683bb7e3fcbfa
Percorso dell’applicazione che ha generato l’errore: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.7.14.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Percorso del modulo che ha generato l’errore: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nvmdi.inf_amd64_aadb297915f8b5a1\nvwgf2umx_cfg.dll
ID segnalazione: 09c3d0cf-3bca-4634-b65e-bbbfa6676870
Nome completo pacchetto che ha generato l’errore: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.7.14.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
ID applicazione relativo al pacchetto che ha generato l’errore: App

Not true. I have store version and keeps crashing.

1 Like

I’ve had this same exact problem with the 787. Fiddling with the FMC in the manner you describe causes a CTD with no error messages. Also happens when on final prior to flare and occasionally after takeoff clearance.

I flew a few flights and messed around a bit at my local airport with AI traffic, all ground traffic, and all water traffic turned off. No issues for the several flights I flew when attempting to CTD when pressing “restart” or “main menu” at end of flight. Turned AI General Aviation traffic to 50% and got a CTD when pressing “restart” at end of flight. Gonna try all non aviation traffic up and see what happens along with live traffic at some point.

update us :slight_smile:

I had 35 hours multiple flights in a row and 3.5+ hour flights before update never had an issue.

After the update I’ve tried 4 300+nm flights, all three have CTD without a message same event viewer as OP. Two crashed after finishing the flight and choosing exit to main menu and the other two crashed mid flight.

This just started for me after update.

For some reason I can jump in a plane, fly a circuit and land and exit to desktop without crashing, but any length of flight (they’ve all been around 300nm) maybe around the 1.5-2 hour mark CTD.

Obviously no progress is saved, so no flight log or achievements.

5 Likes

Same with my system I never had this problem of whatever CDT or crashes to desktop I only have one issue that bugs me out is this low FPS with my system that worth over 3k in pounds now since I installed the FS2020 all fine except bad optimisation in cockpits of airliners and poor FPS , but I’m sure that lots of people that having this problem of CDT or whatever that is overheating or not this must be looked and fixed or by end few weeks or perhaps month there will be no players to buy or play FS, that I can tell and no need to be magician

i notice some strange things, if game go stable it stay stable, any change in system or in the settings - go bum and bang bang

Quality post, thanks.

Another few Days of testing and i can manage to fly for a few hours now no problems, all the crashes happen when i try to return to the main menu or press the pause button. I get no overheating or framerate drops on high to ultra settings it keeps at a constant 40+fps. So weird definitely a software problem i would say. How can so many users on youtube not experience any problems are they using pre release Beta test copies.

Same issue as the others here:

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.7.14.0, time stamp: 0x5f467f35
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.7.14.0, time stamp: 0x5f467f35
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000013e8022
Faulting process id: 0x5a14
Faulting application start time: 0x01d6847afcfc0a15
Faulting application path: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Report Id: 0220fe9a-297e-4c7b-ac8c-603061c550fe
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Exactly the same here, so far

So since the patch, I have a new crash issue - AFTER I finish flying for an hour or two, I can close the sim, reload my email and web browser and just generally use my computer for other stuff. Within an hour after closing FS2020, my system will lock up hard - the mouse cursor and screen display will freeze. Keyboard and mouse input is ignored and the only thing you can do is a press-and-hold force shutdown of the machine, then booting up again afterwards. The Windows Event Viewer doesn’t show anything obvious except the complaints generated by the system after rebooting that the previous shutdown was unplanned.

1 Like

Is the XBOX app still running? Look in the task tray and close it.

This is so ridiculous im reading the comments and it seems like Microsoft expected us to be IT experts to fix the game issues ourselves how can they release a game with issues like this . I’ve bought the cd version and i have the problem of crashing to desktop whenever i try to load the game I’ve only managed to see the main menu once so this is definitely a bug .
As much as i was excited and proud of what they’ve made im so disappointed now i have paid so much money for a game that I haven’t even played for 1 minute …

5 Likes