Crash to desktop without error message

location of usercfg file ?

One folder above the community folder

cant find any usercfg file…searched entire pc

C:\Users\XXXXXX\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache

edited usercfg
1st load cdt on 1st black screen
2nd load ctd when reached main menu as usual

Beginning to suspect a memory issue.

1. Search for “Windows Memory Diagnostic” in your start menu, and run the application. …
  2. Select “Restart now and check for problems.” Windows will automatically restart, run the test and reboot back into Windows.

already considered that…so tried 16gb crucial vengance ddr4 i know id perfect…but still cdt with that

What is virtual memory set to?

i set it to 10gb

try 20. and test.

For me, not using FSUIPC or something that need the SDK and I don’t have any CTD’s, I think the problem is from the SDK… so we have to wait the new update…

Im just about done with this sim its unplayable. It takes a year to load,then when i start a flight right before it load it CTD. Lets take it a set futher if i get into the sim after many attempts to get into the sim right before im about to land it ctd. i mean come on i spent my money for this sim and i cant even play what i’ve bought. PLEASE FIX CTD!!!

totally with you there
cant believe this sim is so buggy
constant CDT are not fun at all…lets hope it gets stable eventually

just looked…set initial to 10gb and max 20gb

English is not my mother’s language … Does Flight simulator CTD makes PC rebooting ? or just back to working Desktop ? My pc was back to reboot and I had Power Off Power ON (pc could no reboot which never happens) : no overclock anywhere, no addon, etc…). Could MSFS change things in UEFI Bios ?

Is my problem similar or a bit different, not sure. MSFS starts and then checks for updates. It finds USA Update. Starts updating to 25% compelted bar, then 50% complétion bar showing. The Airport DATA and Elevation USA pictures appears, then 3 new pictures that disappeared very rapidly cayuse sreen becomes black, Windows 10 PC reboots, not really it doesn’t succeed rebooting. As this never happened before, MFSF seems changing things somewhere … UEFI BIOS ???

Tried everything we can find in internet, no success. Everything is up to date ( 32 GB mem, 3900X, 2080ti, NVME 2TB, ASROCK X570 Gaming X).

Is Stream easier to get working ?

Just joining the ‘my poop (other words censored) started spontaneously breaking’ party. Didn’t have a problem until a couple days ago. Now it’s persistent, even with fps capped to 30 in the Nvidia Control Panel. Have done full game reinstall(s), lowered graphics…Tried dang near everything I can think of/found suggestions for. Unfortunately, either on loading into a flight or shortly after, CTD w/ no message. If it is an SDK issue, they really need to drop a hotfix ASAP.

I tried playing again this morning, but got a CTD (Breakpoint Exception in FlightSimulator.exe) twice. It happens as soon as I spawn in my aircraft. I am way too worn out with this buggy mess of a sim to try again right now, so I’ll wait for another patch and play X-Plane 11, Aerofly FS2, DCS, Sturmovik … maybe some Arma 3 :slight_smile: … that all work perfectly (funny that, as many people on these forums claim that my equipment is at fault … utter rubbish).

2 Likes

I just removed all addons from the community folder, added a livery and the a32nx mod. As soon as I start Pacx It either crashes immediately or early on in the flight.

PACX need FSUIPC that’s why it’s crash try without fsuipc or pacx

As far I know, virtual memory file shall be 1,5 x at minimum at 3 x max of what you have built into your System.

So, if you have 16 GB, minimum size shall be 24 gb, Max 48 gb