Crash to desktop without error message

Click on the ZenDesk Link :slight_smile: … then right top is a “Submit a Request” Link.
( unfort. you have to create an account again… )

“network relevant setting” is for many users an issue ( dated around 1.12.13.0 ), but not for all…

The other possible reasons you can check whether somewhat helps, are also mentioned. Number one are still “installed mods”. But we can not know what you already tried and how long you fight with the issues, etc…

Had a mid-flight CTD today. The game started lagging, the sound had lags too, a few seconds later the game closed. Error code is c000005 again.

I own the game since release in August and it worked perfectly fine for months, no single crash. But since I installed the big December update this game is broken. Really annoying, I wish I could revert to an older MSFS version.

1 Like

Well. Considering the circumstances and when the crashes appear, i wouldn’t say it’s a scenery or a livery issue. I bet it’s something related to ATC or AI traffic (or both). Turning MP off fixed it for me last time, but today crashed again. So my last chance is trying with AI traffic off too.

Anyway, I reported it to zendesk with the error code (c0000005), which could mean anything. Last time I had those CTD’s was also related to Live/AI/MP traffic.

ah, yes… both of it :slight_smile:

yeah… of course… allways.
Most users think to create an issue here in forum is enought… but we are here a helper-community ( possible some solutions are overtaken into the FAQ ).

smells exactly as the mentioned network relevant issues.

EDIT:
don’t forget… disabling this “network…settings” are workarounds as long as the developers find the root cause

Same here. Zero issues until the latest update

1 Like

Hi, today I make a trip from LGKO to LSZH (more than 2 hours). No CTD. I fly with the Dev. MOD of the A320, FSUIPC 7 and Pilot2ATC. All works well, only stuttering on Approach to LSZH.
The only think I have changed was to switch off AI online Traffic and use the ofline AI Traffic.
Roland

1 Like

Just for clarification in this thread…
Remember there are two different settings for AI TRAFFIC and LIVE TRAFFIC.

• Most users are not affected adversely when using LIVE traffic.
  • AI traffic has been shown to be the cause of the majority of CTD.

What is the difference?

• Live traffic is based on real life, real time (kind of) air traffic as seen looking out your window.
  • AI traffic is randomly generated flights inserted to fill the sky with traffic.
  • Multiplayer Traffic can be turned on or off in the preflight menu and is unrelated to both

Note that if turning off AI traffic does not reduce the instance of CTD then @MichaMMA 's suggestion of reducing network options would require turning off BOTH ‘Live’ and ‘Multiplayer’ as these are network features. AI is entirely internal.

2 Likes

Please help. I’m seeing the same problem for over 2000 posts. I have a New Ryzen 9 32GB computer with a 2080 Super card. FS2020 started to CTD without error I guess after the last update in December. I cannot fly. I can open up FS and about the only activity I can do is the landing at CVG. If I go to the world with any aircraft, the minute I hit ready to fly, CTD and no Error Message.
It has been 2 weeks and no fix from MS or Adobo? WTHeck is going on?
Also, why can’t the co-pilot say the number THREE correctly? But that’s another story. Is the fix the AI Traffic? How do you bug report this game? Every other program I own works except for this one.

I’m in the same boat. 5950x, 3090, freshly reinstalled Win10, CTD on load.
I reinstalled as I really wanted to benefit from the sale, obviously that didn’t happen.
Fresh Windows install, most settings default.
I come to the conclusion that alpha was more stable!

1 Like

I’ve tried a flight today, with your instrutions, it went OK without any game crash. Thanks!!!

2 Likes

Great to know!

And I should play a flight game without a atc or air traffic or maybe I should remove all the overclocks from my computer???why??it’s like play a cod but you don’t have to use the granates because it’s crash…make no sense…this is my opinion…maybe just cyberpunk is worst in terms of ctd and bugs…the point is make a games with bugs it’s ok…but when the game crash and crash a lot,every God dam time,how can you play…I try everything possible solutions…even change hardware but in a way or another the game crash,not some dll error or missing file…flight.exe create the fuc…error…so I gave up 1 month ago…no way to play

1 Like

im in same boat…i tried a lot of things and still getting CDT…ive given up now after reinstalling msfs about 5 times.changed this changed that …remove xmp…disable this disable that…still random cdt and cant get a flight…so sitting back until things are more stable and a few fixes are offered from asobo

Oh that could be what is causing mine to crash then? As it never did before the recent MSFS update and I have those drives

Have anyone tried clearing the cache and increasing its size?
My experience is that if you fly in the same area a lot fs is stable but jumping around will force fs to cache the new scenery and it feels like there is sometimes errors while doing so.
If I who normally fly in the Nordics and Northern Germany suddenly want to fly Dallas to LAX then it normally crashes at first attempt or until I clear the cache.
I run latest update with FlyByWire mod. No fun without… My cache size is double of normal (16 Gb) but considering taking it to 32 Gb or even 64 Gb. The higher detail the more space you need.
Also jumping between plane types also seem to affect stability - but to a lesser degree.
Again I think cache is involved.

Don’t assume that every CTD described in 2,000+ posts is caused by the same thing. And that one fix is needed to resolve all these CTDs.

I don’t understand how the only activity you can do is to land at CVG. And how can you hit “ready to fly” without any airplanes? An airplane is needed to fly.

1 Like

—-DELETE FSUIPC—— worked for me!

How do you do that?

Inside the FSUIPC7 folder there is an uninstall icon…after that make sure you go back and delete any remaining files

1 Like