Crash to desktop without error message

you changed your user profile again… lol

but anyway… you say know you have the same kind of CTD with your new system ?

Forgot: which existing hints you tried ?.. 3600’er RAM… we seen this so often :wink:

I agree with Ken, hardware isn’t at fault here. No components in my system have changed, the overclock on my CPU is the same as it was the day I bought MSFS and even after removing all mods and reinstalling the game, it still crashes and the only variable that is changed between stable game and unstable game is AI traffic.

I guess you’re high, i only changed once when i changed my GPU from 1080 to 3070. Get well soon mate

we mentioned so often now that the network relevant settings since 1.12.13.0 cause CTD. This is’nt the point for @MCCl4rky92 , because he mentioned that he tried the former given hints. And this mean he already disabled the recommended network relevant settings, but still run into CTD.

what I would find out is the reason for your CTD :)… killing the windows-explorer should have nothing to with MSFS :slight_smile: It’s kind of windows issue which I known from older windows-releases ( windows-explorer freeze ). Therefore possible searching the issue on another side, instead that you kill allways your win…explorer with all negativ side-effects.

EDIT:
I find now your old CTD report thread … so… I came to same question:

• have you already tried to disable the XMP mode for a test ?

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/crashes-after-15-30-minutes/128167/3?u=michamma

If hardware is NOT at fault then the conclusion would be that there is a bug in the software. The same software that every MSFS user has installed on their computer. That would mean that every user should be having the exact same failure that you and @KenG1175 and a few hundred other users are encountering.

Your reasoning would be that those of us, the other couple million users are running different a different version of MSFS than you?

@MichaMMA and a few others have spent a LOT of time trying to help the “few hundred” find out why they have an issue that is affecting a relatively small number of users. I would suggest that users like Micha may actually have some useful suggestions that may solve your problem. If you are looking for a fix from Asobo/Microsoft, You are looking in the wrong place. They do not monitor this forum. The Zendesk bug reporting system is where you need to go. All you will get here is the benefit of many hours of research and troubleshooting done by some very bright, experienced users with talents covering most of the related fields. Obviously that is not what you are looking for. Try Zendesk.

1 Like

thanks willi… you can say it better as I with my ‘best-of-english’ :joy:

I have neither an issue with the network settings nor I seen a CTD since months ( since long time ).
But independend of this we ( the forum community ) tried to find solutions or workaround for issues till the developers analysed and/or fixed possible issues.

The points I mention , or why I ask specific things, is just because I have lot of reported issues in mind and how we fixed it.

I direct you to the following response.

Nobody is expecting you to completely shelve your frustration. We understand the source. It is why we are here trying to help. I would suggest that when asking for help, you try to refrain from insulting those who VOLUNTEER to assist.

I am sorry if you find my reply insulting and I appreciate the various solutions. I have tried a number of them. However. I am not going to accept that a perfectly stable system (hardware and OS) is the reason for these issues. Especially when MSFS was rock steady on my hardware from Alpha 1 up to the 22 December patch.

This one patch has made things unstable.

Again, if Microsoft would put in proper error catching and automated reporting then they might be able to find a reason that rather than expect us to FORMAT C:, underclock our systems, and start over because they assume their game is bulletproof.

In so far as Zendesk I have made around a hundred reports and not a single one was answered. They are all closed out prior to the next patch being released. Zendesk is NOT the answer either.

1 Like

Nobody make a generaly saying like “it must be your system” :wink:

As say’d… we gave the hints because our experiance from former analyses. And in special the memory XMP mode was one of the main-reasons for CTD within this thread. Therefore we give the “try out” hint.

I use also kind of overcloacking, I use XMP mode, etc… and have no issues. But other user have issues.

But first thing for users which reported “since 1.12.13.0” we point allways to the existing hints:

These errors seldom elicit a response from Zendesk. I expect it is because they know it is system related and there is not a thing they can do except what we are doing here.
You can accept the fact that you do NOT own another title that has as many individual components, each complex enough to stress the best system, all trying to integrate across a finite number of lanes, or you can continue to wait for Asobo.
It is your choice. There are plenty of users that have benefitted from the advice they have received here. You can join the millions out there flying or you can hang out here and wait for Asobo.

I do not care how stable you think your system is. The reality is that overclocking is inherently unstable. If the chipset is designed to run at a specific voltage then run it at that voltage. You are not “underclocking” you are running at stock. The only reason overclocking is a thing is manufacturers try to build with a range of tolerance and tweakers decided to try to see what they could get at the edge of that tolerance. It became so mainstream, the manufacturers had no choice but to embrace it, or lose market share.
If you want to maximize your performance, that is fine. But if you want help getting MSFS running, start at STOCK. Maybe we can fix your problem. Otherwise, you are on your own.

Apologies, but is it wise to assume this is definitely a system error?

My FS ran perfectly (from a crashing viewpoint) until the VR update, and has since constantly crashed on every flight without fail.

Is it not wiser to assume that the error exists on everyone’s FS but just gets triggered by certain situations/scenarios which the majority of users don’t trigger?

Flying VFR at 3000ft around your local beach might not trigger it but perhaps long haul IFR at certain altitudes does?

If everyone could do an IFR flight from KATL to EGLL with the stock 787-10 using LNAV with 4x simulation acceleration during cruise, and report back that they didn’t crash that would be much appreciated. I would be amazed if it doesn’t crash.

For the record, if it is indeed a system issue, which seems impossible to me, I am happy to pay someone on this forum generously to resolve this issue.

2 Likes

VR was not the only thing updated. If you take a read through the release you will see that there are a number of performance and feature changes. While we all agree that there are bugs that Asobo needs to fix and this new CTD since the update could very well be one. The fact remains that there are users that have been plagued by this since the beginning. Most users are finding the crash happens every flight, no matter where, with what plane or when. This would suggest that if THAT specific cause was a bug then we would all encounter it.

The ONLY way to determine what are bugs and what are system related is to work through the trouble shooting in the same manner with every user individually until their solution is found or it can be confirmed that it is NOT system related and so must be code. Off to Zendesk.

Keep in mind that when it comes to system instability it is much like the example you gave. You can run the system for a year without a problem and then you make one little adjustment and perfectly meet the fail requirement. If you have 32GB, that is 256 billion individual memory registers. If the program stores a piece of information at one of those registers and the chip has a momentary error and that register is lost before the info can be retrieved, poof, exception error the program tried reading an invalid register. Not the programs fault.

We need to start at a baseline and eliminate the possible causes to determine fault. If it is the system, fix it. If it is the program, report it.

Hi guys.
DOes anyone know how to unistall MSFS 2020 simconnect ?

Thanks.

Uninstall is overkill. The fix is coming. In the meantime just right click it in your Windows System Tray before starting MSFS and select, EXIT or QUIT or whatever it is to turn it off.
Someone will correct me if I am wrong but it seems to me there is even an OPTIONS, when you right click it, that will allow you to deselect RUN ON WINDOWS STARTUP.

I was advice to uninstall simconnect by the Support Team through a ticket i sent to Zendesk yesterday.

'Support (Microsoft Flight Simulator)
Jan 15, 2021, 19:01 GMT+1
Hi Bellini1202,
Can this be a MSFS 2020 simconnect issue

There’s an issue with Simconnect across all platforms (not only Microsoft Flight Simulator).

We are currently investigating this issue. In the meantime, we would recommend to disable Simconnect.

Kind regards,
Microsoft Flight Simulator Support Team’

What now ??
They say yes here advice Not to. hummmm…

@Bellini1202 I gave you bad advice. Sorry. I was thinking of the Navigraph Simlink. Does the same as Simconnect but for Navigraph.

Hi Simmers!

When was the last time you updated your INTEL Chipset and your BIOS?

I updated my Intel Chipset through the Armoury Crate app > Tools. The new version is 10.1.18295.8201.

I updated my BIOS from within the bios (see the short video).

This might help some of you. My system seems to be running more smoothly now.

• bob a.k.a. “Tiger”

thanks for reporting back… Hold the BIOS up2date is always recommended, in special the intel chipset / me … firmware caused often lots of trouble. Don’t forget to check for updates for the windows chipset drivers.

1 Like

Hi,

@willisxdc already quoted that, but would like mention that this is an important information.

Usage of “sim acceleration” is completly different situation compared with a real-time-speed, and in special in a online-multiplayer-game. The system load is much higher and syncing becomes more important. I know that also other “flightsims” struggled with these mode and this without a necessary online-sync.

We discussed already a while ago about this… e.g. questions are like “have users with ctd the simacceleration enabled” , etc. But we can’t come to a result. The problem is that we often not get detailed descriptions/infos from users about what the situation was as CTD happend. You can see this also in your case - how many posts was necessary that you wrote this important info.
Please don’t forget to give developers that info too and add this into th ZenDesk Ticket which you have created ( hopefully ).