Crash to desktop without error message

YES!!! i have been doing everything possible since yesterday… i9-9900k, RTX 2080ti 32gb ram. All that zen support has said have tried… 6 installs and yet i was never ale to make a single flight without crashing from EFHK to EFTP on A320 neo. So this was my benchmark…

I finally went to borrow wired keyboard and mouse and tried and it immediately crashed… Was about to give up but then i said what the heck… I changed bios back to optimized (not turning anything off as support recommended) and moved the pagefile to “SYSTEM MANAGED” as mentioned by cellissimo.

I MADE MY FIRST SUCCESFULL FLIGHT since 17th of July (closed Beta).

SO wireless out and System Managed pagefile… Goodluck…

1 Like

Would love to try but it seems once the first crash has happened it gets more and more likely that the game will crash thereafter (currently not getting past blue bar on startup)

Bu I managed to try a Curchevel mission today (1 that is, crashed on second attempt…)

I noticed it said to install on “C” Directory. I have it installed on a dedicated drive seperate from my C: drive, should that really matter. I would like confirmation before migrating all my ■■■■ just to have the same outcome.

If that should matter - send the devs back to school! All of my other games are installed on my D: drive (which is a seperate partition on my 2TB SSD) and work without a flaw…

1 Like

Wirerless out (wifi and bluetooh disabled in bios) and change hotas usb ports works for me.
No more crash since yesterday.

Maybe that will help:
Setup your display in a perfect north/south direction - if it still crashes, try east/west.
Wash your hands before starting the sim.

With all respect, but most of the advices, especially given by Microsoft, are not worth it even trying.
Why should I disconnect all bluetooth devices? Why deal with page files and so on.

I bought a peace of software. And this software does not work as expcected.
Not my fault.

5 Likes

i agree 100%. I have an amazing G602 wireless Logitech mouse and a Microsoft Bluetooth keyboard which i need for my work and never had any issue with any other software before.
As for the paging virtual memory suggestion is just a Placebo trick. You only use paging file when you have 2 or 4gb of ram limitation. New Pcs in our days have minimum 16-32gb of ram , plenty enough for any demanding software! its simple: MFS2020 has a serious bug

1 Like

It would be amazing if we could have a hotfix or patch for this issue, honestly. It’s been a while since launch day and we still have this issue, hundreds of us. Apart from the tutorial and very short amusement flights it’s quite unplayable. Can’t even complete an hour long flight.

Please Microsoft, publish a patch or hotfix for this ASAP.

2 Likes

I’m getting this issue too:
Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5f2ed221
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5f2ed221
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000001950906
Faulting process ID: 0x4228
Faulting application start time: 0x01d67723acebdf1a
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.7.12.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.7.12.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Report ID: e79d7f90-ad86-48b8-97d6-8a3f1eaa938e
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.7.12.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

My only concern is that most of the well known sim you-tubers ( Q8pilot,Catstrator,Squirrel, etc) didnt mention anything about crashes, which means that not everyone experienced them

1 Like

Sorry, but no - it wouldn’t be amazing because it’s their **** obligation to deliver a usable software. And not only for 80% of buyers!

1 Like

I have the exact same issue, I’ve tried all the stuff mentioned here in this forum and nothing really works. We really have to wait for a patch/release

1 Like

Exception code: 0xc0000005

The Exception code is for an invalid memory pointer which many of us are encountering. It suggests a memory leak in the software or the code is looking for something in-memory that has been dumped/moved.

I’d suggest making a zendesk ticket with MS/Asobo, so they know that you’re encountering it (and to anyone encountering this). The more of us that do this, the higher priority they’ll treat it with.

1 Like

I have created a Zendesk ticket, but their response was that they would investigate further.

2 Likes

Right on. Here’s hoping for us all! :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks for help
How do I do it

Whatever it is, it is kinda obvious that no user (paying customer) can change it.
Do not change your BIOS settings, do not install your windows new.
Do not change hardware!
Do not remove your devices - you might need them just to write a simple text here…

If you send a support-ticket → you will get a predefined robot answer.

Don’t you think that a development-team or support-team will check-out this thread as well?

I tried many things. I had download problems, sometimes 2GB downloaded, than crash. Sometimes it crashed after 10 seconds. After all it took more than 24 hours to download (100Mbit) with not counted new starts and desktop crashes.

Sometimes a new start of the programm leads to the game - sometimes - most of the times it crashes - I never made it to fly :frowning:

1 Like

You’re 100% correct here, that’s for sure. I don’t believe that 80% of customers are not experiencing serious issues, BTW. This game has serious bugs that need solving.

2 Likes

Don’t you think that a development-team or support-team will check-out this thread as well?

They have stated elsewhere (I do not have the direct link, unfortunately), that the devs themselves are not using the forums to assess triage. I believe it was a support-team member that stated to make a ticket to raise dev team awareness on the issue.

1 Like

One would think that they are monitoring their own forum but given the fact that there was no official statement from them since release (apart from acknowledging some minor issues) doesn’t make me very confident.
Their communication culture is a joke.
How was this in Alpha / beta?

1 Like