Crash to desktop without error message

No crashes for me, but I did have the very slow download speeds, and had to resort to a VPN client in the end.

hi guys

look the bug with the latest update and logitech extreme 3d pro joystick

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x6027b4a3

Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x6027b4a3

Faulting Process ID: 0x54ac Faulting application start time: 0x01d706c49c098e12

Faulting application path: C: \ Program Files \ WindowsApps \ Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.13.16.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe \ FlightSimulator.exe

Faulting module path: C: \ Program Files \ WindowsApps \ Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.13.16.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe \ FlightSimulator.exe

Report ID: d3ca70b4-2cda-48c9-8e3e-4f0f17d7114e Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.13.16.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe Relative app identifier of the faulting package: App

***]***how I can solve it

this is the event viewer, I can’t play since the last update patch

I have reinstalled, I have erased, I have connected the joystick before and after and it still does not work

Okay. Here i am now, too.

Until the last update (UK-Update), the sim was really fine. No crashes, no stutter, nothing. After the update i can’t even fly for 10 minutes. It doesn’t matter where i am in the game-world. It crashes everywhere within 10 Minutes of flight without any message.
Also the main menu is stuttering now. I don’t know why even the menu is broken. :thinking:
Sometimes the game does CTD while on the world map. That was never ever the case before the update.

• I have no addons, no mods installed. The community folder is empty.
  • The Dev-mode is untouched since i bought the game - off. I just play the game.
  • It’s the Steam-version. Game-Overlay is turned off. I have no other background applications, like Afterburner or something running.
  • I have reinstalled the entire game, deleted all cache and rolling cache files, created one. Everything without any success.
  • My drivers are up to date. Even my BIOS is updated to the latest version.

My Specs:

• B550 Prime Plus
  • 32 GIG RAM, 3600
  • AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, not overclocked
  • RTX 3090, not overclocked
  • 850 Watt PSU, rock stable even in long time benchmarks on 100% load
  • no other problems or stability issues in any game

So, i think something went wrong with the update. Before: Beautiful Flightsim - After: The MS-CTD-Simulator. :frowning:

1 Like

ähmm… how you came to the result, the the joystick cause that crash ?

Can you give us some system specs ? in special how many RAM you own ?

I noticed same… in special as I checked somewhat within the manual cache menu. I will have a look at this.

Okay. Thanks for looking into this. I’m curious if you can find something out.

I finally got around to getting the update. I am sorry to say that I completed the update AND managed to get a quick test flight in, during my lunch break. :frowning:
I am curious, what server are you connected to? (This to you as well @MichaMMA )
I encountered no reduction in quality. In fact I would suggest the overall flight was smoother than previous.
I am seeing a trend on the forum with UK users in particular having poor scenery and some serious slowdowns. I can’t help but wonder if this is server side.

Nope! Crashes still happening…

I hereby report that just moments ago, on FS2020 with World Update 3, in VR, for a flight on the West Europe server, from London to Amsterdam, in a Cessna Citation Longitude, after a flight of 40 minutes, just passed the FIR EHAA, there was a CTD without any error message, for no apparent reason at all… :frowning:

This is starting to get annoying.

1 Like

Same for me, though I was in the Mooney over Ireland. 30 min into the flight, a short sound stutter, then a CTD w/o any error message.

2 Likes

my side note to this topic: Crash To Desktop after the latest update - #46 by aprodigyyy

And what server were you connected to?

Where can i see that?

In the main screen in the upper right corner, I forget which menu gets you to the server but it’s pretty obvious.
Sorry, on the wrong computer…

Thanks. I can choose the Server. So i try it with one with the lowest ms. (Europe north, 40ms)

Okay, tried it with another server, but no luck.
The Sim crashed my system with a sudden restart. Never experienced such a behaviour before the update. :pensive:

I’m done with this game, totally sucks. Can’t believe after all this time I still can’t play. After some patches it works, then the next patch comes out and it doesn’t. I upgraded CPU, GPU, Memory, HD, reinstalled windows multiple times, graphic drivers multiple times, tried all the suggestions online and in these forums, It’s just broke!! I don’t have all these friggin issues with any of my other games, just this one. I don’t care how good it looks if doesn’t work it’s useless Re-installing X-Plane as we speak. At least I can actually play that for more than 10 mins without a crash. I’m sure MS will say it’s something on my end, my fault.

Purchased through: MS Store
Edition: Standard Edition
Operating System: Windows 10 Home (Up to date)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
RAM: 16gb
GFX: Radeon RX 5600 XT
HDD or SSD: 500GB NVME M2 SSD (Dedicated to Game, nothing else on it)

1 Like

Give it a shot with US West

Ok!!! Retry, exact same flight and conditions, with the only difference: disabled all human (multi)players and AI this time. NO CRASH! after 40 minute flight.

How stable is multi"player"?

Tried US West, disabled all AI-traffic - no luck. Crash after 3 minutes in air.

Thanks for trying
Just out of curiosity. Who is your internet provider?