Crash to desktop without error message

still what for an answer :wink:

PS.:: nope, I not forget :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for posting your settings. I have copied them to mine and will look how it works now. :+1:

Do you have CTDs if you have not set this ammount of space for your page file?

I tried it on the same place everytime. It is not a huge city like London or NYC. Just a small place in germany. :wink:

On my windows installation i have 142 GB free. On my SSD with FS 2020 there is 449 GB free space. The Rolling Cache folder is on my FS-SSD of course.

Twice in a row, repeatable CTD after five to six minutes in the air. Two different aircraft; two different airports.

This, after weeks of stable operation. Time for another “Clean Install” I think…

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x6027b4a3
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x6027b4a3
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000006f28c5
Faulting process id: 0x1e88
Faulting application start time: 0x01d707b3e4a36021
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.13.16.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.13.16.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Report Id: 560d73ea-1d2b-4996-ab33-f23b8838fd17
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.13.16.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

With the amount of space you have left, if this does help, try reducing the maximum amount to 32000 and see if the sim is still good.

Just checking to ensure you know that most of your settings are kept in the cloud and are restored when you do a reinstall.

Had a sudden CDT just now. But it took a bit longer to crash. I’ll try to reduce the ammount to 32000. :slight_smile:

1 Like

No look unfortunatly. FS 2020 keeps crashing.

On the world map. Never had this before the update. :confused:

2 Likes

hmmm… then we have to think about possible other reasons :thinking:

I fly the whole day, in different areas from UK to all, and no CTD.

I know. I also could that. Before the latest update. :pensive:

this is strange… this is the page with lowest load compared with the other menu-pages.

Can you open Windows Event Viewer ? (Ereignisanzeige ) … can you see what is logged ?

Yes of course. What should i look for?

entries with ERROR related to Flighsim…exe.

Sometime, with bit luck, we get bit more info from the error message.

Do you mean this:

oh… the VCRUNTIME.dll issue :grimacing: … there are threads, possible we find hints which I forgot :slight_smile:

That sounds promising… :smiley:

and lol… the first thing what I found as I searched the existing threads was my setting which I have since… ever

Text2Speach=Windows Offline

( I mentioned this also within the ‘since 1.12.13.0.’ link )

But there are many newer possible issues… we should read a bit :slight_smile:

And possible you can try the setting :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cool. Thanks a lot! I’ll try that out immediatly.

…and THANK YOU Guys for the time for helping me!!! :+1:

2 Likes

That may even be a good thing, but, when installing these updates I’ve found they disturb random things like the size of the rolling cache, and key bindings. I’m not certain what is actually stored in the cloud, and/or whether it has any effect on reinstalling the local files. Also, if you look in the directory where aircraft and the “base packages” are installed, you’ll find a list of “leftovers” from the last update.

This is a wild guess on my part, but perhaps having packages installed all at the same time helps the bits and pieces work and play better together. :slight_smile:

The only evidence I have that this may be the case, is that I have gone through this ritual after every update and it seems - more or less - to mitigate the CTD events. The list shown below was all dated 9 or 10 January. All other directories were dated 16 February.

Fortunately, I have fairly decent internet and a fairly high-speed connection, with no data cap. I should be back up and flying no later than 22:00 Zulu today.

Screenshot 2021-02-20 111525

1 Like

No luck. Crashes even if i turn it off completely.

The crash situation isn’t better afer the update. I deside, that I will report every crash with attaching a msinfo and dxdiag file to zendesk.

It isn’t the community that has to solve the problem. It’s Microsoft’s job, they got my money too. * annoyed *

5 Likes