Crash to desktop without error message

Ok my problem is resolved. I believe the installation was not 100 % correct due to me having special characters (ä) in name of my windows user -folder where the game also creates some game related folders.

When I created a new local user with no special characters on my PC without special characters and launched game from there - game loaded the ~300 GiB of content packages and then launched without any issues. Game functions without crashes now.

Not ideal to have a different account on my PC for FS alone but at least I can play now… Maybe they’ll fix the special character issue at some poin

Same Problem with me, as posted by me before. This is something that ties Finland and Germany together (and possibly Hungary and Turkey).
Wish you lots of fun with MSFS!
BTW, I have other strong ties to Finland, we´ve got friends near Turku.

Terveiset, Uwe

Also this was confirmed by support when I told them of the suspected problem and workaround:

Support (Microsoft Flight Simulator)

Aug 21, 2020, 10:01 AM GMT+2

Hi,

Thank you for the follow up.

This is a known issue we’re strongly working on it.

You can find here a list of other known issues and solutions:

1 Like

Not sure what they are working on, but most crashes reported here are not because of Bluetooth accessories. The issue is just in their code if you talk about the crash exception code: 0xc0000005

Also, I had the same crashes in the Beta, the forum also reported this before the actual release

New day, new testing, new crashing…

This morning I was accessing my pC via RDP from my work-laptop. I realized that when I experienced a crash that also the remote connection was killed.
No idea but maybe this gives a hint on network being also involved into the crash issue?

Carrying on…

where is CTD’s in there?

Here is my performance chart from the moment of the CTD.

It starts with a peak at the CPU, before it was always around 70-80%.
Then the GPU drops from 100% to 0%. The engine sound still continues as if the airplane would continue flying in the background of the frozen screen.

Some seconds later the sound starts crackling and the CTD appears.

1 Like

It’s unbelievable that not only they won’t publish a patch before the 27th, they are just going to announce when that patch is going to go public then!

And not even acknowledging the CTDs!

We’re all betatesting for them at this point. I don’t think this issue will be solved after the first patch, if I’m honest.

6 Likes

Guys post your crashes issue here.

Are we going to wait 2 months just like forza horizon which got CTDs fix after 2 months of wait. WTF

1 Like

I hope I’m wrong and they solve it in the 1st patch, even if that one comes later than expected.

2 hours with TBM testing in different airports around Europe , on ultra and high-end settings no Crashes anymore.

i just disabled Bluetooth ( Microsoft keyboard ). My wireless mouse Logitech didn’t create any issue.
also set a paging virtual memory of 16g min / 32g max ( which i had a crash with Bluetooth enabled )

will check more later with A320 and 787

Thanks for the update. I know people playing on wired keyboard and mouse who experience CTD issues as well, so it’s not the only issue here.

My issue is that on the main loading screen at the cessna slide about 55-60%loaded it just crashed to desktop event viewer logs it at d3d11. dll at fault but can’t find a workaround 4 day now 2 reinstalls no luck. :frowning:

2 Likes

I have 64 GB. Sim crashes after a 1h30ish flight when I finished my taxi to the gate.

I noticed my game crashes way faster during the landing missions, is anybody experiencing that as well? During a normal flight between EHAM EGLL it sometimes take 10 min before crash, but during the landing missions its usually seconds in flight or during the loading part.

I discovered a very "stupid "work-around.
My flight simulator keeps crashing to desktop when loading/startup (blue bar filled to the middle) …

Finally I recognized, that at the first time, when the download (91 GByte) was succesfull, the simulator starts properly.

So my workaround is deleting the very last downloaded file-part before starting the simulator. The very last file part is a directory called “asobo-freeflights” in the installation directory .

The directory is located under ( …\Official\OneStore\Asobo-Freeflights) … its only a 150 Kilobyte large directory / download size … so its not that time consuming.

So, every launch, the simulator is searching for updates and recognizes the missing directory and is downloading it…

Hopefully there will be a patch soon, making this workaround unneccessary
… that procedure has to be done, every time, before the simulator is launched.

2 Likes

I got a very stupid work-around.
My flight simulator keeps crashing to desktop when loading (blue bar filled to the middle) …

Finally I recognized, that at the first time, when the download (91 GByte) was succesfull, the simulator starts properly.

So my workaround is deleting the very last downloaded file-part before starting the simulator. The very last file part is a directory called “asobo-freeflights” in the installation directory .

The directory is located under ( …\Official\OneStore\Asobo-Freeflights) … its only a 150 Kilobyte large directory / download size … so its not that time consuming.

So, every launch, the simulator is searching for updates and recognizes the missing directory and is downloading it…

Hopefully there will be a patch soon, making this workaround unneccessary
… that procedure has to be done, every time, before the simulator is launched.

1 Like

I’ve got 32Gb RAM. What numbers should I put in for the page file size?

Purchased through: MS Store
Edition: Premium Deluxe
Operating System: Windows 10 Home (Up to date)
CPU: i9-10900K
RAM: 32gb (8x4) DDR4, 3200 MHz
GFX: EVGA RTX 2080 super
HDD or SSD: SSD
Settings ultra, no vsync and using gsync monitor

Issue: occasional crashing to desktop in flight, although also crash to desktop in loading into flight (after the world) after restarting simulator after a CTD if I don’t do a system restart first. Sometimes happens when switching on wireless xbox controller to use with the drone camera. Currently trying to land a TBM930 and am continually crashing to desktop on approach. Reloading save made at start of approach not helping as just crash again nearer the runway. Otherwise runs really well getting 40-60 fps even in new York.

Have increased page file size on C drive and on install SSD, which I think has reduced the frequency of crashes.