It’s kind of like that…

After the following:
Completely Un-install MSFS APP
Un-install ALL Nvidia Drivers
Un-install ALL C++

Re-install C++
Re-install Nvidia Drivers
Re-install MSFS APP

In the Game started at mid rages graphics settings and adjusted to Ultra at 4k at a frame rate average of 30± FPS. My longest flight at those settings in a C182 so far has been an hour and a half w/o CTD. Probably could have kept it going but, I was flying VFR, by hand w/o AP and wanted to stop to get that $100.00 hamburger.

1 Like

And for you, can we judge the effectiveness of what you did, like many people, on a 1.5 hour flight?

Just mentioning what’s worked, for me. Nothing more. So, maybe? Maybe not?

The longest flight I did after trying modifications was 11 hours.
Without changing anything, on another flight, I had a CTD 3 times in a row after 30 minutes.

To say that a solution “could” work, it is necessary to repeat the same flight which had caused the CTDs.

Well, as I’m in the Civil Air Patrol here in NC I typically fly the same routes/search patterns in my area of responsibility. That is, NE North Carolina (KECG) as far west as KRWI and as far south as KEWN. To fly a C172 or C182 for eleven hours, a wee bit un-realistic. I don’t fly heavies.

This 11 hour flight, I did it with the 747, but that’s not what I’m interested in at all, I did it just to do a long test.
I prefer “small” planes, flying at low altitude to enjoy the landscapes.

As I said above, I read that an object on the map, as small as a wind turbine, could cause CTDs.

I came across another subject, a person who had never had a CTD.
I asked him to do a flight that caused me CTDs, he also had a CTD.

For sure…

I have been in their position… I was sure one of my problems was software that caused a BSOD. But, after trying the same, re-install OS, Application and getting the same issue. I know it is super frustrating.

I had a system that was crapping out after playing a new game (something new a few years ago). My initial suspect was overheating GPUs (I had two 1080ti in SLI mode). I removed everything including GPUs and using the microprocessor’s internal GPU. This narrowed the problem down to the CPU, a pair of M.2 SSD (RAID 0), the motherboard, and 1200 Watt Power Supply. PSU was old so I measured the voltages with a scope, watched for unstable voltages (5V most important) and stressed the machine until it crashed. PSU remained solid.

I also removed my CPU heatsink and re-applied new thermal paste. It looked dry, could have been it? Nope, still crashed. Either case, I replace the thermal paste every few years as a precaution.

Long story short, Removing the M.2 RAID solved my problem. I remember someone said I should not use SSD in RAID. They could not explain why so I had my disbeliefs. Not anymore. I went with single M.2 for OS and a separate SATA SSD for games. Worked great after that.

1 Like

yup…also crashing with black screen,pc freezing witn no CTR ALT DEL working and needed reboot.Randomly but i think it has to do with other apps running along the mfs ( i use bandicam,movavi video editor,replay addon etc) and i have 32 gigs of ddr4 and an 6800xt nitro plus.
No other game does anything wrong.
No stress test has ever proven anything wrong.
This is messed up !

Just west of KECG, we have a wind mill farm. Pretty well represented too. So, those objects, for me, cause no CTD as I’ve flown over/past them on many occasion with no issue.

For whatever reason it seems a bit more stable in the last couple of days as I hadn’t had a single crash while entering main menu or returning back to it. A couple of 40-minute flights with C152 with lots of back and forth between MSFS and Windows (Little Navmap etc), were 100% successful. I had a couple of hiccups in the latest flight with huge framedrops for 5-10" while preparing the aircraft for taxiing, but other than that it went very smoothly.

I’ve no idea why yesterday it kept crashing with CJ4 WT 10-20 minutes into the flight. Let’s see what happens today when/if they release the new huge update. Also in a few hours I’ll hopefully receive Honeycomb Bravo after 4 months of waiting for Aerosoft (6 if you count the original cancelled Amazon order), which will complete the Honeycomb set. I should be excited but I’m not, because unless MSFS gets stable on my system there’s no point in investing additional time to setup up yokes, buttons, radio panels and throttle quadrants.

I have exactly the same problem… I posted this in another thread as well but…
I updated everything, Content Manager stuff, even my GPU Driver and my entire PC and it still won’t work…

I was flying pretty well and all of a sudden I lost connection and it told me “You have outdated content, do you want to update it and return to main screen?” or something, I presses “No” because I was in the middle of a flight…and the only thing that happened was that the same window popped up again…and again…and again…and…you know what happened next by now…
anyways, I hit yes because of frustraion and i was put into the “Press Any Key To Start” Screen…and after pressing a key, you might already know what happened…exactly, back at the “Press any blablabla” screen…and again and again…

After everything the sim just keeps crashing to desktop after like 1 minute at max in the world map…
frustrating

Also I have the premium deluxe and I’ve heard that even GamePass flightsimmers have the same prolem

I just did the IFR flight (I don’t have Navigraph) from Barcelona to Ibiza with the TB 930, I didn’t have a CTD.
I did all the taxiing, to the parking lot, with the engines off.

You didn’t say what error you had in the Event Viewer.

Motherboard: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS
Processor: Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: RX 6800 XT RAM: 4x8 GB at 3200 MHz

I was wrong, in fact the guy is talking about an area that causes CTD next to a wind farm

For my part also, I have much less CTD, I am still on the Windows that I call N ° 1 the one on which, it was impossible for me to fly more than 10 minutes without CTD.

Since I uninstalled Microsoft Visual C ++ (without reinstallation), I have only had 3 CTDs with the vcruntime140.dll error, but each time on the same flight zone, or at least at the end of the same flight time.

On the other hand, I always have the impression of being on the razor’s edge, and that at any time, I can have a CTD.
I hardly dare to alternate between interior and exterior views. I was thinking of buying a Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS type joystick, or something. Or why not, do something to me in 3D printing, but for the moment, I will do more, with the Xbox One controller.

1 Like

I’m thinking of one thing, I don’t know if it’s ever happened to you, to launch a flight with an airplane with G1000 or G3000 screens and have the screens turned off. You have to go back to the main menu, restart the flight, to have the screens on.

This weekend, while I was flying the Corsair, I realized that I didn’t have any working trim. Neither with the buttons on the joystick, nor by turning the dials on the plane. Earlier, I flew the Corsair, and all the trims were working.
So just like from time to time, there are the G1000 or G3000 which do not launch, there was also this problem of trim less visible than a screen off, which did not work, there must be files of the game that does not launch. Or as I said above, something happens, when these files which are on RAM, should go to virtual memory to avoid conflicts. Either they don’t switch from RAM to virtual memory, or the other way around.

I am thinking that perhaps ASOBO might consider changing their recommended “minimum” requirements and making them a little more specific.

It certainly appears like not all “minimum” requirements systems are the same.

Hi Alexander0234,

According to the Code of Conduct, you must use English when posting on the forums. The one exception is the #multiplayer category, where you can use any language to help you find users to connect with.

If you cannot read English, the forums provide a handy feature that translates posts into your native language, you can use this feature by clicking the translate button under a post. translate icon

If you need help converting a post from your language to English, try using Bing Translator, the same service used by the forums.

This is a reminder to keep the topic on CTD (Crash to Desktop) and not on each other. Please remember that we all are here as we share the same passion and to treat each other with respect.

All these CTD topics are of interest to the developers. This specific topic as been pushed up to the team. The more that can be reported on how to duplicate; the better. Zendesk is important in this as you can upload crash dumps. Give all the details you can provide.

Zendesk:
https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

4 Likes

Hello guys, I was a little absent from the topic, to those who have been discussing in the past, any changes, do the CTDs still persist?

My Fs2020 is causing CTDs during taxiing for takeoff or after 10-20 minutes after takeoff, I am always taking off from the international airport of guarulhos to anyone who is interested.

Tomorrow I will do the test without addon