Crash to desktop without error message

I was flying VHHH-KLAX in the 787-10 yesterday and it crashed almost an hour in. I then tried again and the same happened. I’m now doing VHHH-EGLL to see if it happens again. Has anyone else had it where it only happens on a certain route?

yap, a certain route going from LEBL to EDDH is giving me the same pain. i’ve opened up a couple of tickets to asobo via zendesk but i actually just avoid that route, hahaha. at some point i actually could complete some flights via that route but it only took a week or two and the ctd’s were back.

Ok thx hopefully all of these crashes will be adressed soon bc this is so frustrating

1 Like

A short video of what has been happening to my FS the last 2-3 days. 0 CTDs since MSFS release, until 3-4 days ago.

i feel your pain !

All this reminds me of what I said above on this subject. That data packets, can be lost while downloading the game, or updates.

1 Like

I complained a lot in this trend, but i finally solved my CTD issue, all i had to do was remove completly the Community pack and delete content.xml. I never thought about this as a solution, but somehow a mod or livery f***d MSFS after this last update, i suggest you to try it if never considered this solution.

1 Like

My problem was solved after reinstalling everything again!

MB - Asus ROG strix Z370-F / I7 8700K / GTX1080 TI EVGA / Corsair Vengeance 4x8 3000Mhz DDR4 / M2 NVMe ADATA 1 T / Water Cooler
Event LOG - FlightSimulator.exe
60783c14
FlightSimulator.exe
60783c14
c0000005
000000000201cf40
01d7390a2bfb48f2
C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.15.8.0_x648wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.15.8.0_x648wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
7d57a269-bbcb-4b0a-939c-8a6543980e51
Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.15.8.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
App

Windows and apps, all updated including MSFS.

After uninstalling and reinstalling MSFS, it went back to work, however, it was normal yesterday, I turned off the PC, slept, woke up, turned it on and it didn’t work anymore!

Always something to give trouble in this simulator!

1 Like

tldr; the exception 0xc0000005 with my MSFS didn’t stop specifically for the NZAA airport until I moved several community folders out of the MSFS package path, including NZAA airport folders. Moving any of 21 folders changed something and no more MSFS crashing.

do you have any community packages?

I got this same exception when trying to load around NZAA or at YSSY to NZAA (presumably MSFS loads airports in the near vicinity for LOD and near distance loading). I searched through the community folder to find 2x NZAA in there (after fixing the names so it’s easy to compare). One has just bgl files and json config (moved this one and still had crashes), the other has bgl, dds, dds.json, and json config files.

I moved both NZAA and several other double airport folders, plus some folders with just the location and not the IATA; the crashing stopped. I haven’t searched the folders or tried adding each of the 21 I moved to see which one trips up MSFS. It could also have been something to do with the first time I moved an NZAA folder; I believe I did the move while MSFS was at the home screen, then loaded up the flight again (was testing ILS wasn’t visible), but then when trying to exit, the crashes started. Not sure if moving the NZAA completely did something to a loading cache. I just added back an NZAA folder containing dds/dds.json and MSFS didn’t crash this time. I could try adding back all the folders I moved out of community when the crashing stopped-still have >200 folders in community.

So my point, it might not just be webassembly (these are .wasm) crashes - MSFS just ‘fixed’ with 1.15.8.0, but also another file type crashes too. The files might not be formed correctly (could be an MSFS update breaking the older code) and MSFS doesn’t adequately reject them, and instead throws exception 0xc0000005. Or, it seems there could be some sort of cache affected and needs some community folders moved elsewhere for a moment to clear the cache.

Hope this helps.

I managed to fly from Hamburg to Cologne without crash: This is how. I renamed the community folder and made up a new empty community folder. After starting the sim, no crash. Then I put my old community folder back in force by renaming it again and managed to fly with all my mods enabled. Maybe the Database was corrupted?

Greetings Uli

There is no database, but there is a “content.xml” file which gets populated with official, and community addons.

C:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Content.xml

It doesn’t remove entries when you remove items from the Community folder though, it only adds them, so to clear out the old ones you have to delete that file, then launch the sim so that it gets re-created. This happens at that stage where the sim reports that it is checking for updates.

I have no evidence to suggest that having stale entries in this file causes any problems though.

2 Likes

After many hours fiddling, here is my take on the situation:

Lots of CTDs over France, with the North of Europe server, it is unusable the game since WU4, devs please, fix it. If what ever part of France you fly, CTD, North west, east near alps… Im getting angry

geez, i just got up from LEBL to EDDH to check if france is finally safe to cross over again. i’m still flying over spain but will cross the border to france soon and since my route leads over paris and i wanted to check out what it looks like now, i’m already regretting that i didn’t choose a different flight plan -.-! welp, let’s find out if it crashes to me, too i guess.

After updating to 1-15-8-0 I find that I am unable to enter the Options > General screen. Attempting to do so puts me straight back to my desktop, without any error message.

All other Options, together with Profile and Market Place menus seem to work correctly.

My sim flies normally with, I believe, the Option settings that were in use prior to the 1-15-8-0 update. I also have the 1-15-8-0 Hotfix installed but still the problem of accessing Options > General exists.

Additionally, although Content Manager describes any/all addons from within my Community Folder as ‘Not Installed’, they are, in fact installed and are usable in the sim.

To try and correct the problem with Options > General, I have uninstalled MSFS and re-installed but no change. I have re-installed Windows 10 and again re-installed MSFS but no change.

A Copy of the Application Error is appended below :

Log Name: Application
Source: Application Error
Date: 25/04/2021 12:47:41
Event ID: 1000
Task Category: (100)
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: TONY2021
Description:
Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x60783c14
Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version: 10.0.19041.789, time stamp: 0x2bd748bf
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x000000000007286e
Faulting process ID: 0xdb8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d739c8574299d7
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.15.8.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\ucrtbase.dll
Report ID: 31646ae9-347f-498d-963f-0cc22d405381
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.15.8.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App
Event Xml:

0x80000000000000

Application
TONY2021

FlightSimulator.exe
60783c14
ucrtbase.dll
2bd748bf
c0000409
000000000007286e
db8
01d739c8574299d7
C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.15.8.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\ucrtbase.dll
31646ae9-347f-498d-963f-0cc22d405381
Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.15.8.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
App

So, although I can fly the sim I cannot change any of its settings!

still up in the air above france but going through a route mismatch obviously, hahah - but that is probably my own armchair pilots fault, hahah

made it \o/

no crash dumps for asobo from me today, i guess

A database is defined as an organized collection of data - “content.xml” does qualify as a database. (more complex data, more complex systems).

In part this makes sense, though I wish MSFS would take inventory and prune unavailable items. It also could be useful if they’d direct us to include it with Zendesk reports of what we have in our data folders. I can see some versioning or locational conflicts with this “outdated” file.

2 Likes

Please search on the forum for what your error is: “ucrtbase.dll”
Search results for ‘ucrtbase.dll category:200’ - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

You will find that this error mostly refers to not having the US English Language Pack installed.

I fixed my CTD by disabling windows paging file.
I used to limit the size of my paging file to 2GB only, as I have 32GB of RAM and should never need paging.
MS will allways try to screw your performance by using page file instead of your RAM even if you have infinite RAM.