Crash to desktop without error message

no oc. i don t install last radeon driver, because precedent version make fps fall… i ll wait the sim update 4…

Ok. I’m sorry I couldn’t help you. But that error definitely indicates a GPU hardware or software issue of some kind.

no problem, thx for your effort… yesterday msfs was functionning without crash… no mod, no modification, and today ctd… mistakes… windows upade perhaps ?

Definitely possible. You can certainly try to uninstall anything updated in the past day to check.

Here’s the process if needed: https://www.techradar.com/how-to/how-to-uninstall-a-windows-10-update

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x60783c14
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x60783c14
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000016df8a
Faulting process id: 0xa70
Faulting application start time: 0x01d73ac549c2cb09
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.15.8.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.15.8.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Report Id: f9cc422b-c819-4d1f-a627-d78e67b7519c
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.15.8.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

Looks the same as yours.

In the majority of cases, when it is not an error of Microsoft.FlightSimulator it’s a VCRUNTIME140.dll Error

Ok I can understand that, but isn’t the plugin functionality part of the base simulator? I wouldn’t have brought this here if there was just an issue with one 3rd party plane, there are at least two on my end (don’t have more to test yet, sorry). This could be a pointer to a broader issue within the base simulator, especially if more people are having this issue and also with other 3rd party planes.

Just my two cents and I leave it with that.

The 3rd Party Developer would bring that to the attention of the MSFS developers through their channel of communication. Thanks!

2 Likes

I just uninstalled the update number KB5001330. I noticed the crashes started after this update was installed on my pc.

Just started a flight and (knock on wood) so far so good. I also turned off all multiplayer.

My pc specs:
9600K OC
2070 super
32gb RAM

1 Like

Nom de l’application défaillante FlightSimulator.exe, version : 0.0.0.0, horodatage : 0x60783c14
Nom du module défaillant : FlightSimulator.exe, version : 0.0.0.0, horodatage : 0x60783c14
Code d’exception : 0xc0000005
Décalage d’erreur : 0x000000000016df8a
ID du processus défaillant : 0x2e40
Heure de début de l’application défaillante : 0x01d73a671aaadc0d
Chemin d’accès de l’application défaillante : C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.15.8.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Chemin d’accès du module défaillant: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.15.8.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
ID de rapport : de0e811c-6fb0-414e-af41-3c51aa8f4ba7
Nom complet du package défaillant : Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.15.8.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
ID de l’application relative au package défaillant : App

Win 64 ver 20H2
I7 9700
2080TI
32Gb
Drivers up to date.

Yes I agree with that. I was getting CTD and BSOD (Blue Screen of Death ) consecutively rebooting after that Windows Update with Non Flight Sim applications as well. Researched it in Google found it was known to Microsoft then uninstalled and prevented future updates for a couple of weeks. Dare I say things are OK at the moment.

I also have this bad issue, fun fact when I had the old system intel based i7 with X99 motherboad, this bug didn’t occur to me.
Now since updated to Ryzen (only CPU and Mobo changed) with a fresh windows install I have random CTD crashes. This make impossible to do long flight sessions, sometimes it occur after few minutes and sometimes after also 6 hours!
I’m going crazy, have tried everything
tried to disable OC, updated graphics drivers, installed latest windows patches, tried to lower ram frequency, checked RAM with MemTest86+, tried vanilla sim without mods… missed something?
I don’t know what to do anymore, continue to get the funny 0xc0000005 error in Event Viewer

CTD just as coming in to approach after crossing the pond. Extremely frustrating.

FlightSimulator.exe

Description
Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.15.8.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Creation Time: 2021-04-26 17:54:58
Problem: Stopped working

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: MoAppCrash
Package Full Name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.15.8.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Application Name: praid:App
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 60783c14
Fault Module Name: CoherentGTJS.dll
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 5fc6a6c2
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00000000002b7851

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: de138b29ebfd2dfe13e6d764387bf50d (1434070356808430861)

May I please ask what’s your GPU? I also upgraded to a Ryzen CPU on a B550 mobo, but didn’t have a single issue for 3+ months. The issues began the moment I installed a 6800XT and even then I was able to play by using some very simple manual tuning settings in AMD Adrenalin (max fan speed and power limit to any random value).

For some reason a couple of weeks later it all became very unstable and the CTDs began, but I still haven’t figured out what’s going on. At least Piper Arrow works fine and that’s good enough for me. I only wish I could somehow get CJ4 WT to not CTD but that’s something to discuss elsewhere.

Yesterday I finished a flight over Paris (lots of stuttering while I was above the city center, haven’t seen so much stuttering before) and the moment I clicked to return to the main menu, MSFS CTD’ed.

My GPU is an RTX3090, wich worked fine since it was paired with the i7, the CPU is a Ryzen 5800X.
Also the only major difference from before is the GPU now on a PCIe 4.0 vs PCIe 3.0
Microsoft need to fix this issue and make a error code less generic to find the real issue, the fact is that this bug is TOTALLY random, and not related to a specific situation and behaviour.
Tried just now a fly with no Live ATC and no multiplayer = same CTD

3 Likes

This software title really takes randomness to otherworldly levels. Since yesterday I must have had loading screen/main menu CTDs 90% of the time when trying to launch MSFS. Initially I thought it was some new airports addon from flightsim.to but that wasn’t the case as removing it didn’t improve things. Curiously this time the prevailing error wasn’t vcruntime140 but d3d11.dll and obviously I hadn’t changed anything in the past 2 days.

I managed to launch MSFS after an hour of trying, loaded up Arrow and flew happily a couple of times in 30-minute stints. Both attempts to return to the main menu after the flights finished resulted in a CTD as usual. Then I tried to see what happens with CRJ and it’d crash with d3d11.dll less than 5 minutes into the session. Back to Arrow, works fine, exit to main menu with immediate CTD.

Obviously 3rd party addons aren’t supposed to be a point of reference, but the sim mostly crashes where one would thing that 3rd party addons wouldn’t play any role (in my previous tests it still CTD’ed without any addons in the community folder anyway, plus the exact same version of CRJ worked fine until my generic issues began).

The most curious thing was that the only way I found to stop the CTD loop in loading screen/main menu (which happened 10+ times in a row) was to re-enable Xbox Game Bar. This is where I gave up, because disabling that overlay was the only workaround I’d found that positively helped me in the past several weeks. The fact that I had to turn it back on to get the game out of the CTD loop is really beyond me.

I really hope SU4 will fix or at least decrease these CTDs, otherwise I’m not sure why I’m even trying. 972 votes and counting and waiting for a miracle to happen. With MSFS anything’s possible, really.

2 Likes

A reminder about the subcategories in #bugs-and-issues :

The purpose of the #bugs-and-issues categories is to discuss issues that affect the base simulator. Please do not discuss issues with third-party addons or modifications in this category. These should be filed via the developer’s preferred support method.

If you believe your issue may be caused by a third-party addon/mod, empty your community folder, restart the simulator and try to reproduce the error.

All issues caused by, or involving third-party addons/mods should be reported to the third-party developer. All issues related to the core simulator can be formally reported through Zendesk.

No mods - still crashes out to windows.

I do fly a payware Piper Arrow III, I can´t see how that affect things

Ever consider that the payware mod may have a bug? I have purchased 100’s of aircraft over the years. Most were pretty good. Some were pure trash that crashed my sim everytime I tried to fly them and there was never an update, so they went where trash should go.

The purpose of keeping this thread mod and add-on free is so that we reduce the number of variables involved. There are very few threads the developers actually follow. THIS is one. They are not interested (here) in how the sim interacts with add-ons but with how the sim itself behaves.

There are many hundreds of different user system configurations just in this thread alone. Very few of the CTD events are reproduceable on all systems. The data pulled from here helps to determine patterns. Patterns are complex enough without adding uncontrollables to the mix.

1 Like

Has anyone had their issues sorted by Windows update KB5001391? I noted there is a fix for dwm.exe crashes which seemed to be a root cause for a great number of my MSFS CTDs.

1 Like