Crash to desktop without error message

What is XMP mode? I have no idea what is it.
No, the MSFS was good on 16GB, I was expecting it to be better now. After all, if 16GB is good, than 64GB must be better, no?
I don’t know if they replaced the old with new RAM. I have little knowledge about computers. I rely on experteese of IT people.
Is there anything You’d suggest me to try? Or is waiting for next update my best option?
One last thing. My MSFS is installed on external drive (as before) and my Community folder is on C drive (as before). I’m using addon linker for my addons so there are very few addons that are permanently active (that wasn’t an issue before anyway even with all addons active).

Hi @CustomOrc225503,
Make sure ALL items are removed from your Community folder. Then if you get errors or CTD after removing them, then report in #bugs-and-issues

Thank you.

I wonder if some of these CTDs are being caused by traffic. I can be sitting on the runway in any plane, not doing anything and boom. What changed? Traffic has been a pill for other sims as well.

MSFS 2020 is unplayable for me and I’ve tried most of the key fixes mentioned on the forum. Hopefully, we’ll get a solid fix soon and I’ve gone back to old faithful X-Plane 11.

1 Like

I’ve just had a CTD for absolutely no reason at all.

I haven’t had a single error message with any of them.

Were you using either the 530 or 750 mods? I stopped using them with the Arrow, and I didn’t have a single crash in over 20 hours of flight after that.

On the flip side, I’ve not had a single CTD with the JF Arrow, using all the GPS types, including the 750.

I used the 530 mod for awhile and then I removed it. Didn’t seem to make any difference. Right now I am flying the Mooney without the mod, I don’t want to mess with success.

2 Likes

I’ve already gone back to X/Plane 11! MSFS 2020 is unplayable!

3 Likes

I figured it might be traffic or weather. (Although I disabled traffic all together with no success. I only use live weather, so I haven’t tried it with presets) I can finish a flight, and leave my airplane shut down on the ramp for an hour while I go do other things. Then, all of a sudden, it’ll just CTD. I won’t even be using the computer :neutral_face:

That’s what happens to me exactly…sitting for an hour. What error do you see in your event log? Try it on an island…far from most scenery. See what happens. I’ll do the same.

What about USB devices? People with XBOX controller connected during the CTDs?

My MSFS is on external drive, has been since I got it. I got my MSFS in March or something, I had two CTD till recently. Now I get them all the time. I’m trying now to run it with admin rights, will see what happens. If I manage to do a normal flight, I’ll update the post, otherwise I got CTD and went to fly FSX :frowning:
Quick update
So yes, started with Admin rights, started flight, 1min and CTD. Going to FSX. I’ll wait for next update for MSFS. See if that brings anything new

What were you flying, and which mods did you have installed?

Ever since I updated Windows (optional update) I have been ctd free with the JF Arrow. Could be coincidence but maybe not. We’ll see.

I had the CTD issue starting after the last two upgrades of FS2020, flying A320neo both standard or FBW, same route (KSFO–>KLAX) same issues (even cleaning community folder, so no FBW stuff there). The issue seems to be solved now changing the traffic from AI to Real Time…I need to find the time to do more testing but so far I have completed the same flight with both standard and FBW without any problems. If I’m not wrong I think I have read that this kind of change have solved the issue for other users but now I’m a bit lost.

Thanks for this new ctd perfect to start the day in total frustration :

2 Likes

I have concluded my earlier CTD’s were caused by unfortunate combination of Windows 10 updates + AMD driver issues and in addition an addon or two and the MSFS World Update 4. Then I got stutters and CTD’s. The miracle happened with the WUD4 hotfix and a newer AMD driver. I have 120Gb of addons in my community folder. All stable now. The latest update 1.15.10 and the newer AMD driver 21.4.1 all of a sudden things work.

My system: Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Master, 9700KF @5.0Ghz, Arctic Cooling fans, 750W Corsair Gold PSU, AMD 6800XT, latest drivers. 32Gb (2x16) Crucial Ballisticx 3600 C16 DDR4, 1Tb m.2 Disk .

I still had problems with Superspuds EGHE St Marys /Isles of Scilly 1.7 and the EGHC LandsEnd 1.8, so turns out Superspud knew it was some custom textures or what and issued a custom version that works! Superspud must be a genius!

1 Like

I reinstalled Windows & MSFS it didn’t make any difference…

Chances are the redo put you right back where you were. Time to start looking at the individual pieces to confirm everything is up to date, and the right drivers are loaded.