Crash to desktop without error message

these looks different than the download issue and I see alread a “1.18.13.0”

And these A-Volute s…t…

Have you installed tools like Asus Sonic Suite / Radar ? Please uninstall all these stuff.

Then also open “services” , search a service called “Nahimic” and “Disabled” it ( right mouse → start type: disabled ).

2 Likes

The audio ‘crash’ I believe is a red herring, probably just the system getting ready to play the download music.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot is that service ??? I only disabled it.

It’s running :smiley:

I have now the lost connection error. I’ll wait for the servers unloading.

Many thanks !

EDIT : It’s updating… 40 Go with ADSL 22Meg. :smiley:

2 Likes

tools like these Asus Sonic… install and use these Nahimic service. You not need these tools and you can de-install these too. The FAQ mention these Asus Sonic stuff already as possible incompatible :slight_smile:

1 Like

Audio apps drivers and hardware have always caused problems for many folk in the past, call it habit but I always look there first

1 Like

I’m glad it’s downloading, because I didn’t know how to respond to the DVD version LOL. Nice one :+1:

1 Like

lol, It’s gonna be okay. I’m like someone in front of the closed toilets door.

2 Likes

Game keeps CDTing at different states. Inflight, in Loadingscreen to RJTT, on the menu, in the settings. There is not a specific situation, it happens randomly since the update. Never had that problems that constantly before.

1 Like

Had 4 CTDs in the last hour:

• 1st at the first load after the installation, after checking for updates
  • 2nd when trying to turn off the cockpit tooltips during my first flight
  • 3rd during the next flight
  • 4th while loading a flight

Before I never had a CTD-Problem. Maximum 10 CTDs since last August. And I’ve been flying hundreds of hours (350 logged). Now 4 one hour!

(empty community folder, no third party addons, not in dev mode)

3 Likes

On pc I’m getting a crash every time I press ‘Flight’. Just a black screen and crash. Doesn’t matter what plane or which location.

Ryzen 7 RTX 3060

I’m having the exact same issue as you, what hardware are you on? 5600x & 3090 here

no mods installed and i CTD’d twice.
Installed the dev a32nx did a full flight, landed at EKCH and was taxiing to gates and i CTD’d again.

Whatsup? i never CTD’d before

EDIT: my specs just in case it might be useful
Intel i7 10700K
AMD 6800XT
32GB RAM
1TB NVME Drive
Latest Win10 Updates applied

1 Like

My specs: Ryzen 7 3700X, 32GB 3200MHz, 1000GB SSD, RTX 2070 Super, 3840x1200 (32:10), CH Products Yoke+Pedals, MS Store version, Nvidia 471.11,

After my last post I updated to Win 21H1 and since then I had no CTDs so far. But it’s much too early to draw any conclusions.

I’m getting CTDs since the update, as well. Happens shortly into flight. System just drops to desktop with no error message.

My specs: Ryzen 3700X, 64GB 3200Mhz, Vega 56, 2560x1440.

4 Likes

Why do you make us do these updates??? this shoud be a option!!!

I’m getting CTDs since the update, as well. Happens shortly into flight. System just drops to desktop with no error message.

2 Likes

I have the Win Update since May. No CTDs prior this MSFS Update. Glad to hear, it helped with your setup. But it isn’t the solution for everyone, sadly.

2 Likes

Can’t even start a flight… The sim loads in, but before I can click ‘fly’ I get a ctd

8 Likes

Crashes shortly into any flight, usually minutes into the flight. no error message, just crash to desktop. Nvidia driver up to date, latest windows update, just started happening after Sim Update 5…

4 Likes

Crash to desktop after minutes flying. Happens every time, no message.
I just updated to version 1.18.13.0
My system specs are way above the recommended, Intel core i9, 64GB RAM, RTX 2070 Super, 2 SSDs (1 and 2 TB).
Note: MSFS installed in drive C initially but then moved to D via symlinks.

Windows Event Log (several like this):

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000001124a00
Faulting process ID: 0x10b4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d783b328ca8e2c
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.18.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.18.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Report ID: 4cf77988-3be2-44e9-8ff9-2d8ff7934104
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.18.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

3 Likes

Yep same here, just updated to version 1.18.13.0 CTD without error message within 10 - 20 mins of flying.
Intel i7, GTX 1080 Ti, 32Gb ram.

1 Like