Crash to desktop without error message

Same, getting CTD on mine, I run my RTX3080 undervolted and no other games have had any issues. Although I am going from 40fps to now 70fps I just rather the last update, least it was stable.

1 Like

I’ve been at this since release day last year. Well aware of that. Either way, I’m in the air in my 78X with no issues. It’s smooth and looks great. My community folder and all mods are back…all 1300+ of them. LFG!!!

Ah, so you had an out of date mod causing the issue? Yes, that’s another potential cause.

No. I had 320X items in my folder that didn’t attach to a 320X plane. Once I re-installed the FBW320X via their installer, everything worked fine.

So a broken mod then, or not installed correctly. Fine, but it was still an addon causing a crash.

Again, no. The mod wasn’t installed at all. Had the mod not been deleted in the update, there wouldn’t have been any issues.

So the mod was somewhere other than the Community folder? As that’s the only way a sim update could break it. That’s a poorly designed addon then. If your mod involves altering core files, then they should rethink how they implement that.

A sim update won’t touch your Community folder contents.

For the n’th time, no.

Have it your way, but you either have a working, compatible mod installed, or you have an incompatible mod installed, or a working mod not installed correctly. Glad you fixed things, but it wasn’t the sim, but the addon causing the issue. Perhaps if you explained It better we wouldn’t have got to this point.

Have fun flying!

They’ve tried testing updates on a select beta audience and it seemed to work to a degree. Maybe they should try it out on rigs that are already experiencing issues though rather the increasingly few players that have no issues (and probably provide no feedback in any case). Testing is entirely different from just flying around in random locations which the majority of beta testers will do. It should involve slowly increasing the complexity until you hit a problem then trying to replicate the issue.

I wonder how many customers have left because of this latest appalling rollout? At some point everyone needs to cut their losses.

MS and Asobo need to set aside the next 12 months to just consolidate and debug what is already out there. Stop adding ever more scenery and features and just fix this. At the moment they are trying to change a wheel while the car is still moving. If they carry on like this there won’t be any customers left to cater to.

2 Likes

You’ll notice in the change log that possible crashes when flying with AI traffic is there. An acknowledged crash scenario in a change log. That makes for disappointing reading.

1 Like

my MSFS 2020 start giving me ■■■■. After recent update now its keep CTD. Error I manage to pull out from Windows event viewer:

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.18.13.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.18.13.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000019e3567
Faulting process id: 0xadc
Faulting application start time: 0x01d78399db39b806
Faulting application path: G:\Game\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: G:\Game\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Report Id: f5f6ac2c-e5c7-48ad-bffa-bf838d5d2d61
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Does anyone know a work around?

Last 30 minutes no CTD on my RTX 3080, Just changed the Graphics Preset to Ultra and flying around NYC on one of those seaplanes averaging 60-70FPS, might’ve been the previous plane I was using or something else, no idea, hadn’t changed my Afterburner settings back to defaults (got a profile saved with just defaults with power set to 107%), otherwise with the current fan curve I have set, it will sound like a 747 when it hits 350W and goes above 75c. At the moment its running around 300W max and only 65C undervolted.

Hopefully there is a stability improvement hotfix soon, I do feel really uncomfortable just pressing Autopilot and browse the web on my 2nd monitor as doing this twice resulted in CTD.

Still crashing. So glad, MS made it possible for XBOX Users to play the game. Just forget about the Sim Fans at their PCs with all their HOTAS Setups. It is more important to get xbos users play it with their controllers. That “We need to make more money” behaviour su…s and makes me kind of angry…

Never had that problems before, there were some CTDs in the Alpha Phase, but since release I had a hand full. Now it became unplayable.

Problemereignisame: MoAppCrash
Vollständiger Paketname: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.18.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Anwendungsname: praid:App
Anwendungsversion: 0.0.0.0
Anwendungszeitstempel: 00000000
Fehlermodulname: FlightSimulator.exe
Fehlermodulversion: 0.0.0.0
Fehlermodulzeitstempel: 00000000
Ausnahmecode: c0000005
Ausnahmeoffset: 00000000023e61f5
Betriebsystemversion: 10.0.19043.2.0.0.768.101
Gebietsschema-ID: 1031
Zusatzinformation 1: c058
Zusatzinformation 2: c0587f785a1acd437affb49880b3b270
Zusatzinformation 3: 1676
Zusatzinformation 4: 1676332b8d6f7d681b09702c8a17536a

Setup: Ryzen 7 2700x, Geforce 2070, 48gb ram, ssd drive.

3 Likes

my sim would crash every so often but was not such that i could not enjoy FS after latest Pupdate it crashes within mins of starting up in both store and steam versions this sucks

4 Likes

This is the worst update ever, I cannot play at all! Constant CTD

2 Likes

some consolation in seeing i am not alone here lets hope for a hotfix some time soon

3 Likes

I agree, and I did find this:

Your hope has come to pass in this 1 case that I could find so far.

I wonder what forum do most Xbox users use, does anybody know?

1 Like

I’m getting the same thing… I even did a clean install because I couldn’t get it to load. here is mine:

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000019e5fd7
Faulting process id: 0x1ce4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d7839fef17dff6
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.18.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.18.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Report Id: 89ba7e4b-2a41-492e-8c75-8a5f615b4743
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.18.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

Found a couple more Xbox users crashing, (maybe a fast fix is possible):