Crash to desktop without error message

Before the update 5, flight sim worked a little sluggish but still worked. After the update it CTD as soon as I select a flight and try to load it. I installed all updates within the sim and it did not help. Returned everything to default settings as well. QA department certainly should have caught this one.

Disabling live traffic and deleting rolling cache did not work for me

Exactly the same issue here with a base install.

LISTEN UP ALL Please remove mods…BUT i think a big problem with crashes, well I finally stayed in the air around my hometown in Pennsylvania, more than 10 minutes! Its a record for me without CTD…make sure you uninstall any REX product, especially airports…it is NOT compatible…they are working on a fix.

yeah… I have no files in my community folder… still CTD

2 Likes

I went back to only what came with the game and still constant CTD

1 Like

Agree totally on the useless laundry list from Zendesk. I re-loaded both windows and the sim a couple of months ago for exactly no benefit. As at the last Nvidia update and this FS update. the sim wont even load. When I can find a few hours to spend doing stuff in which I am totally disinterested I am going to re-load windows and the sim and then perhaps go back the the earlier Nvidia driver. But I actually have other stuff to do so it wont be soon.
This will probably draw a bit of flak from the Asobo apologists. Too bad, there are clearly more of us than them. I have had some very serious geeks look at my issues and their view is unanimous. Asobo needs to do a lot more work on identifying the various conflicts and weaknesses.

I just finished my 3rd fresh installation of the sim via Steam and the sim CTD.

This is unacceptable considering I have 1000++ hours in-game. Latest update sim is not playable at all LOL

event viewer to show the cause of the crash

here’s to show you guys how it was not playable at all and I believe you guys experiencing the same like me once its loaded and its CTD at the end of the video while I was in the option setting trying to turn off some setting.

and my system

For some reason, I believe this crash is link to the fact that the XBOX release brings a whole lot of new registration and the game has difficulty registering the license when it tried to do something. That is why it is so random and unpredictable.
Maybe this doesn’t make any sense, let me know.
I’ve played for hours without crashes, and then had CTD every 5 min in other cases.

3 Likes

FWIW, I was having CTDs and freezing during play (15-20 sec at a time) but as some have mentioned here I turned off the AI Traffic and have had 0 CTDs nor freezes after a quick 30 min flight.

I had removed all AC, scenery, etc… from the Community folder and will now begin testing by adding back my add-ons one-by-one (WTCJ4, FBWA320, payware scenery…)

I gotta say, there is a HUGE performance improvement, game is very smooth.

3 Likes

I have had CTD about 5mins into flight, I turned down AI traffic, 15%, and so far no problems, will start increasing AI traffic to find the sweet spot.

1 Like

My setting before the crash was exactly like this but after recent update. Now after the load up, I can’t even check my setting if there were any changes after the update and the sim crash. I just don’t know what else to do.

Anyway, to all that can play enjoy it. I will keep trying to find what causing this issue. I haven’t rolled back to old nvidia gpu driver though. Maybe I will try this.

Can you or anyone tell me your GPU driver version?

I turned off AI Traffic because of the game notes and it’s still crashing for me.

1 Like

My Specs:
Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 Super
32 GB Ram
Driver version 471.41

hey we have same GPU! cool! and I have same driver. hmmm… dammit I have runs out of idea haha… I know if I do a fresh install of my windows 10 will do no difference. There must be something that need to be done but I can’t seem to remember what it was…

same here.

event manager output

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000001124a00
Faulting process id: 0x2ea0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d78422b5ea406a
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.18.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.18.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Report Id: 7a876000-e9f6-4f29-a493-9c29034b4e07
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.18.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

I can’t even start the game after this update. I verified integrity and emptied my community folder to no avail. Every single time this game updates, theres always CTD’s for whatever reason. The amount of times I’ve had to reinstall this game make me want to vomit. Absolutely ridiculous. Why force the updates down our throats if they’re going to cause issues like this. I’d rather have to play offline than update and not be able to use the product I payed for because of terrible quality control. This is unreal.

4 Likes

omg I manage to fly around just now about 1 minute then CTD! LOL

what heck is going on here ASOBO/Microsoft!!

4 Likes

That’s what keeps happening to me as well. I never have had a crash before this update now eveytime I fly for over a minute or so it completely gives up and crashes. From what I hear online you can disable the AI traffic for a possible fix or uninstall/close MSI Afterburner and Rivia tuner statistics. I hope that maybe helps!

1 Like

Don’t forget to disable AI atc also
And I suggest moving the FBW A320nx out of the ‘official’ folder until it has been fixed.

1 Like

I believe I have turn off the AI. I don’t have MSI Afterburner but ASUS GPU Tweak. I have turn that off as well. Also I follow this two guide but to no avail.

Guess I just have to wait until Asobo/Microsoft comes out with a fix or announcement what is actually going on as I have no issue playing DCS, other games and MSFS 2020 before this new update.

1 Like