Crash to desktop without error message

Check the info level entry in the event viewer right after the error, it tells a bit more details sometimes.

Hello guys, it’s been a month since I couldn’t play it, CTD directly after launch.
I opened a support request, but they closed it saying this is Process lasso interfering, but process lasso is not runing…
Since last update I started from scratch, downloaded the 120Go files and It runned! twice…
Now it is crashing again at start, this is really annyoning

I have an intel 9900k, nvidia RTX2080 , 32Go ram and samsung 1T ssd, I should be playing it nicely.

What made them think that Process Lasso was running? It must have been something you submitted to them, like the crash log from Event Viewer perhaps.

2 Likes

I had similar issues and tried almost everything… I have a 1080ti and it turned out the new 471.XX drivers don’t like MSFS. I reverted to 466.77 and my CTD’s disappeared! (Except the ones when exiting the game). Hopefully it will help some of you as well.

1 Like

I have 471.96 installed, and hardly ever have crashes now. The last two times it happened, one was a hang on loading the sim, so not really a crash per se, and the other was a crash as the flight loaded. I restarted the sim, and the same flight loaded correctly.

1 Like

Hello, Did you reinstall any mods?

Just in case anyone think MSFS is somehow unique with these crashes, and the 0xc0000005 type, I was just watching a video on YT about Arkane’s Deathloop where the reviewer got hit by this:

We are not alone.

2 Likes

Just had yet another CTD even after installing hotfix 1.19.9.0. No error message. Sim gear packed away, this is becoming really tiresome.

1 Like

Was the CTD with an empty community folder?

dont get your hopes up with 1.19.9 today PC users,… same crash is still there. :nauseated_face:

1 Like

Yes, I’ve never put anything in it.

1 Like

I turned off real time weather and real-time traffic and I have been flying without CTD for 4 flights! Before this every flight was CTD?

Post here when every ■■■■■■■ CTD Happens

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.19.9.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.19.9.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000f56276
Faulting process id: 0x5798
Faulting application start time: 0x01d7ac4a4c229f8b
Faulting application path: M:\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: M:\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Report Id: fd78ced8-fe0a-4db6-be5c-8c428aba05ea
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

I have the same crash with the game downloaded from MICROSOFT Store, and i tried with game downloaded from steam and no CTD no BUG … So the MAJOR problem is the Microsoft Store i think .

1 Like

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc000001d
Fault offset: 0x0000029c805c6b69
Faulting process id: 0x2998
Faulting application start time: 0x01d7ac48129f8dca
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.19.9.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: b6bd0ffa-bf7b-4692-975e-3a1d6be1e32f
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.19.9.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

do you tried already sfc / scanow and dism … ?

does you have added msfs to anti-vir exclusion lists ?

i’ve been lucky in the past and had no CTD with MSFS2020. After yesterday’s hotfix I already had two of them :confused:

i don’t use antivirus include windows very long time, about other, too long time ago, game very stable and this is one ctd for two days, only one real problem is

btw sfc /scannow found something :slight_smile:

This getting so ridicilous…They release an update, or a hotfix. Means I crash to desktop for 2 or 3 days after that. I do not do a single thing, and after 3 days everything is just fine. Havent even touched my community folder… Get it to work!! We are paying for playing this game.

2 Likes

To me this happened after editing aircraft.cfg → wanted to have blank atc_id. Since then the sim refuses to start. Even if I reverted back to original registration.