Crash to desktop without error message

you used the forum search function and found absolutly no single existing topic related to these two keywords ?

At least also within this topic here, which is not special for this , we mentioned a lot of possible reasons. You checked all of them ?

Hey go easy, he’s only just joined…

Welcome aboard Showboat and yes follow Mica’s advice, it’s all been looked at before

2 Likes

yep… therefore its important to point him directly to the forum search function :rofl:

1 Like

Just did that (again) for no benefit. Once before I reverted to an older driver and the CTDs stopped for a while. It is a disgrace

1 Like

Maybe you should be complaining to Nvidia?

Done that, twice. Unlike Asobo they were extremely helpful but unable to resolve the issues

Hi all, flying yesterday from CYOW to KDCA with two friends of mine, all of us with latest 32NX dev version. All of us did several other flights during the day without issues. In KDCA though while turning from base to final for RW01 we all have CTD at exactly the same point. I have no log to post here right now, just wondering if it might be a “hotspot” for CTD’s. We were on a right hand traffic pattern, pretending then to fly the visual on the river.
Safe flights!

1 Like

Yes it is:

Two flights from KCLT to KDCA, same ILS arrival and approach to RW01, both CTD in ucrtbase.dll, error code 0xc0000409, at almost the exact point - approaching minimums on final, about 400 feet AGL.

1 Like

Hah, i also just flown from KBDL to KDCA in the CRJ and what happens, CTD while descending to KDCA. Seems this airport needs a fix…

DrzewieckiDesign KDCA scenery and landmarks Washington installed btw.
And i also have Flightbeam KIAD installed. I guess something is interferring there.

Im now triying with the moellib.bgl rename tool and see if that was the issue…

Same error as you. So before you go crazy and search for every possible solution, i guess the issue is not our system but something with the scenerys there. What AddOns you have installed in this area?

2 Likes

This has been, as you know, an almost constant occurrence after each program update. It would be a BLESSED DAY WHEN THESE UPDATES WERE NOT MANDATORY.

1 Like

Almost the same specs as me. Brand new PC, fresh install with 3080 ti and its a CTD fiesta. The sim is unplayable and I’ve spent 2 days trying to debug and try all the random troubleshooting tips in the forums. Nothing has helped so far!

EDIT: the thing that has helped the most is disabling XMP in the bios and running the memory at a lower clock rate. I still can reliably CTD when stopping a shadowplay recording or exiting back to the main menu.

2 Likes

In my case (and my friends as well) no addons at all, so I guess problem is with default KDCA… Don’t fly there very often but still would be nice if they could fix it. Thanks for all replies!

versus

I see “add on” and I see “dev version”.

A addon, and in special in a dev version, must not but can cause issues.

1 Like

Here we go again…

Just flew in the standard Longitude from KBFI > MGGT - everything fine until 1 hour to go => CTD. No lagging, normal FPS, no other issues. It just stopped working on FL350, so not even a big airport to load or something. No high clouds (which are also known to drop fps), just sad.

Gets me really angry by now to have paid the full price for a product which is not working at all. Every flight comes with some issues just a pain in the *** after 1,5 years after release…

I kind of accepted these CTDs. We get 6 or 7 good flights then a CTD? We have the longitude update in our Community folder so not sure about this, but sim fly’s good for the 6 or 7 flights we get!

Nome da aplicação com falha: FlightSimulator.exe, versão: 0.0.0.0, carimbo de data/hora: 0x00000000
Nome do módulo com falha: FlightSimulator.exe, versão: 0.0.0.0, carimbo de data/hora: 0x00000000
Código de exceção: 0xc0000005
Desvio de falha: 0x00000000005445cd
ID do processo com falha: 0x4200
Hora de início da aplicação com falha: 0x01d7c9327d1c9517
Caminho da aplicação com falha: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.20.6.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Caminho do módulo com falha: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.20.6.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
ID do Relatório: a27f30b6-b0c2-44c6-ad0a-650f136427af
Nome completo do pacote com falha: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.20.6.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
ID da aplicação relativa ao pacote com falha: App

Nome da aplicação com falha: FlightSimulator.exe, versão: 0.0.0.0, carimbo de data/hora: 0x00000000
Nome do módulo com falha: FlightSimulator.exe, versão: 0.0.0.0, carimbo de data/hora: 0x00000000
Desvio de falha: 0x0000000001868a97
ID do processo com falha: 0x3a40
Hora de início da aplicação com falha: 0x01d7c93088c3d5a7
Caminho da aplicação com falha: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.20.6.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Caminho do módulo com falha: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.20.6.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
ID do Relatório: 3a4872ce-daf3-4c90-ae21-0a76065756e9
Nome completo do pacote com falha: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.20.6.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

Desvio de falha: 0x0000000001ac7554
ID do processo com falha: 0x4b4
Hora de início da aplicação com falha: 0x01d7c8e7fdfd4da6
ID do Relatório: 8a876b99-9875-43a9-9479-dd56d4b82ed4

3 CTD’s today… i dont know why.

I meant beside what I wrote in the original post, no scenery addons :sweat_smile:
In his post he was making reference to some scenery addons, I thought it was quite clear :confused:

There’s problems with online rendering due to server “issues” . Live weather stuttering and causing unstable CTD with no event. Asobo aware.

No addons related to KDCA specifically. In fact the only custom scenery I have installed is for KDEN. Only addons in play were the most recent FBW A320NX at the time, as well as the most recent update of NavData In-Game Panel and AIRAC.