Crash to desktop without error message

You are not the only one having the same experience. I too have a long history with MS Simulators and finally FS2020, which worked brilliantly, until one fine day after an update (5) it was only CTD’s.

For the love of flying, I too bought X-Plane and am enjoying good flying time now. disappointed in the way things worked out with FS2020 (for me)…fortunately, many are enjoying FS2020…good for them.

Yes there was frustration, agony, depression and anger due to FS2020 suddenly not working, but I guess one Sunny day they will come up with a fix, and then I too would love to use it…BUT, till then I’m loving my flights on X-Plane with no system issues :slight_smile:

1 Like

496.76 also causes CTD? Does not appear to be associated with drivers! Last 3 drivers tested all had CTD! I do get some flying time!

Do not believe drivers are my problem!

And yes, started SU6

Back to 497.09

I suggest msfs developers purchase an i9 with 64 Gb and RTX 3090 with 49” screen to test app on?

Exception code: 0xc0000005

May or may not even be Asobo’s code. It could be in one of the Library dll’s that MSFS uses…

Basically it reveals that the sim CTD’d although I really would expect the user to know that already.

For few days ago I started to receive some CTDs with no reason. After couple of times I decided to reinstall the game from scratch and so I uninstalled as instructed.
When I tried to reinstall, through XBox app in the windows, I could go to the step when my account synkronised and as soon as synk was att 100% then application shuts down. I uninstalled again, double verified if all folders are deleted and then uninstalled my XBox app and reinstalled, after a pc restart. Unforunateley no success at all and same app stop/crash after my account tried to synk. I am not even able to come to the part where I have to choose where to install the simulator…
After that if I am trying to restart through XBox by pressing PLAY button, I just receive the options to start simulator into safe mode or normal mode but no matter which version I choose app shuts down.
I should mention that I even reinstalled a completley fresh windows with all drives format so nothing wrong with my mashine/registry thats why I suspect that there is a problem with my account!!! I tested on 2 different pc’s and same crash after syncing my account.
Any ideeas?

If you have them installed try deleting the Bijan habashi weather mods. They have given me issues aplenty and things have ran more smoothly since I removed them.

Microsoft Flight Simulator was released last year.
The video game is developed by Asobo Studio and released by Xbox Game Studios.
While players praised him for his realistic graphics and solid gameplay,
the game was plagued with various technical issues ranging from updates…
causing crashes to a mouse cursor random disappearing.
Did we all payed a lot of money to buy a MSFS 2020 version that will be never be stable ?
My 2 cents…
I remember the older Flightsims from Microsoft, never had issues…

2 Likes

You have to delete your hat switch view in the cockpit, ■■■■■■ up i know this ■■■■■■■ game is insane

2 Likes

How has it been on 497.09?

Two flights with no issues! I do expect to have a CTD with the latest nvidia driver as I have seen with the last 4 drivers?. I don’t believe CTDs are caused by the GPU driver itself? I am seeing high end machines that are over clocked and mid range machines that are not over clocked with this problem. I don’t want to rule out over clocking because poor tuning on GPU and CPU clocks will cause CTD! I see a wide range of GPUs and CPUs AMD and Intel both. Only thing in common on these PCs experiencing CTDs are the sim code, the internet connection, and the msfs servers!

I do get some good flying time so not complaining!

This is a fabulous application when it works?

I paid over $3k for my setup from Jetline Systems, and it CTD right away. Haven’t been able to fly since August when they did they major updates, that is where my PC never ran it again. Most frustrating flight sim ever. The fact I invested so much time and money to get nothing in return, I feel scammed by Microsoft and Asobo. Asobo is a scam and ignore that mass majority.

1 Like

Have you gone through the CTD FAQs?

1 Like

My opinion is, this application is running on the edge of stability, and when you are clocked up, it becomes more unstable? I have a clean install, no contents in community folder and a high end clocked machine! The CTDs come and go. Past experiences with FSX and some custom high end PCs, not all, designed to run at clocked speeds have shown that CTDs will happen! Many OC machines run well, but some do not. FSX on some
of these high end machines would simply blue screen and the OC had to be turned off! If the app simply will not run, and the app CTDs at at the start, and you are clocked up, you will have to turn off the OC. I have been here!

That being said:

I am not willing to give up performance by reducing clocked speeds so I believe CTD may always come and go? This code instability issue, in my opinion, started with update 6. Eight months of running msfs2020 showed no CTDs prior to UD6.

Origin
i9 10 core clocked 4.8
RTX 3090
64GB ram
150 mb/sec internet
Windows 10

1 Like

I’m of a different opinion although I’m mainly talking graphics. No one should expect a five hour flight to be trouble free if their overclock cannot handle a five hour burn-in test using Kombustor. In MSFS most folk have a pretty much a full load on their gpu for the duration of their flight.

Edit: I’ve even seen fails after 10-12hrs.

1 Like

It’s always a toss up when you are running flight sim! My machine has been stress tested and showed no signs of instability! This does not always mean I’m good to go at 4.8? Prior testing FSX on various OC machines did confirm “ not all OC hardware is equal”. My CTDs all occurred on 30 minute flights.

I can deal with occasional CTDs! My performance, over all, is exceptional when it runs!

These long 5 hour flight CTD s are one thing, but not being able to even start the game is another issue. FSX on some high end, OC, machines would not run and blue screened at start? On some OC machines it ran fine?

On a 5 hour flight I would put the PC in an ice box!

I’m certainly not an expert in the PC arena! I do ,however, develop hardware and software for a living but in process control industry! There are always issues to be resolved, and some issues go unknown for a long time!

There’s a reason producers of out of the box OC hardware test in labs using oscilloscopes and other such equipment … unless you are just plumb lucky proper tuning by trial and error can take dozens, even hundreds of hours.

1 Like

I agree with the graphics card temp. The RTX3090 runs very warm even on short trips. This is always a good place to start. This may be what I am seeing occasionally? My PC is in an area controlled 64 degrees. Also extra cooling fans to support stock cooling. I have no evidence that 3090 over heats, but it may? I’ve taken this for granted thinking I’ve got good cooling?

1 Like

I don’t think it’s necessarily temps but a timing issue or some other imbalance. My 3060’s hotspot doesn’t get above 74°C but still it’s constantly crashing MSFS with the latest Nvidia drivers.

1 Like

Hi DensestSnail693 :slight_smile:

Hope all well with you mate. I don’t get on the forum too much these days, but do remember your support when I was down in the dumps. Luckily I am flyimg again but not in FS2020. I’m afraid there has been no change to the issues I had on FS2020…so had to move on.

Take care…

1 Like

I’m fine thanks … And I think you should try the public beta that’s going on now because it’s really looking stable for almost everyone so far. I can’t remember your gpu but if it’s Nvidia categorically do not update your drivers to 497.09 because they are bugged.