Crash to desktop without error message

Tried to switch to DX11 and for my surprise it already was on DX11!

Then I switched to DX12 and now I have a CTD during loading the game… :rofl:

therefore these settings is stated as “DX12 BETA”… should be clear what Beta means :wink:

I’m not as st*pid as you think, I know what alpha and beta means! It was a test…

Had similar problem with my brand new PC i9 3080GTX. CTD after 1-10min of flight everytime, . empty communitiy.
BIOS (AORUS) Update and all Intel Drivers Update solved my issues.

Was never really affected by CTD on that game but now I’m lucky if I can finish a flight. Lastest crash log :

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000102315b
Faulting process ID: 0x752c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d7fe3a44dd6239
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.21.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.21.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Report ID: 3bf68067-fd99-4462-879e-6b98045a2680
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.21.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

Well Gents!

It was new years eve and I thought I’d give FS2020 a go, after a very long break due to CTD’s. I did a clean reinstall after cleaning up all previous folders and apps.

Approx 16 hours later in 2022, after the full installation, I started FS2020 and just like it was after Update 5 (27th JULY 2021), I experieced an identical CTD before even reaching the main menu page!

So! No change in FS2020 for me. I’m not going further and will continue enjoying my flying on X-plane, which I have been doing after giving up FS2020. Dissapointing…

For what it’s worth…my event viewer data is…

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.21.13.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.21.13.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000001b1859a
Faulting process id: 0x28bc
Faulting application start time: 0x01d7feefe6181e4e
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe

Report Id: 707a20a3-ae5b-421e-b222-cb64d48655eb
Faulting package full name:

Only for record: sporadic CTD on approach LFPG RWY 09R ~20nm west of airport.

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.21.13.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.22000.348, time stamp: 0x065c557a
Exception code: 0x80000003
Fault offset: 0x00000000000f5702
Faulting process ID: 0xe1c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d7feeb4762677f
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report ID: be84d696-e858-47b1-aab4-3586ebc82366
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

No corruption detected by “sfc /scannow”.

if you not found the reason which cause the ctd, the situation will never be changed… also, there is no new release with the new year… beside of the beta we are on 1.21.13.0 , so nothing new from your former reports from november and what you expected was changed then ?..

… check your windows virtual memory setting

PS: possible try MSFS without the developer version of A32NX ( or better without mods ) and report back

I expected the producer of the “paid product” to get it fixed!

If it was free, no hard feelings…but there was $$$'s charged to buy the product and multiple add ons from the FS2020 market at a cost, which is usable now.

Is this breakdown the responsibility of the “purchaser / user” of the product or is it for the “producer / seller” to look into, especially when the system requirements were not only met, but exceeded.

We did not buy this product in the grey market. We bought it legally from a reputed company! The product worked flawlessly for 7 months until the Update chaged it.

1 Like

but you speak here in the forum with us , the community, and we not need same informations you already reported often ( just absolut same thing you reported ) and therefore my question about what you expected what happens without any kind of an update of the product which is in your opinion faulty and you also nothing changed at your system. I assume we all aware about the information that we now have the “New Year” , for these we not need a new post with the same old 00005 message.

I can tell you that the game runs in my case since the whole last year without any kind of CTD, but ups… with this I broke my former rule to repeat infos :rofl:

Did you tried already the Beta ?.. may be these will change somewhat related to your issue. I guess not, because in your case the CTD happens since such a long time. Also therefore I mention that without find out the main reason, it might hard to fix somewhat ( on which side ever ).

EDIT : one additional note… not less users have trouble because somewhat with the cloud-data becomes corrupt and so they can’t start the game. May be you can check these kind of topics and test removal of cloud data.

It is FBW A320 Developer version which started to cause CTDs around Christmas. Before that I did not have any CTDs for over a month.

Fortunately, Aerosoft CRJ does not have any issues.

Probably it is going to be fixed in no time.

1 Like

Well Micha,

I now you mean well mate…it’s just frustration on my part :slight_smile:

I’ve always believed in the Microsoft Flight Simulator since the late 90’s with FS2000 and followed by all their releases. So this time I feel let down, and this is the only place I feel somebody from MS would be made aware the “some” customers are not happy.

For example…I buy a Ferrari. It works great for a few months and one day after a routine car service at the Ferrari workshop, it doesn’t start! I would expect Ferrari to fix the problem as it happened after their sevice.

But in this case, Ferrari is making the buyer try and fix the problem himself (even if he does not know car mechanics)…depending on feedback and suggestions on the forum.

So…yes, I do sound repeated, but it’s for the ears of Microsoft & Asobo, so that they know that “all” is not well.

Yes, I might be a dog barking in the wind, but maybe one day it might make an impact…maybe!

1 Like

At the risk of highjacking a thread, what version # of the FBW A320 are you using?
I have had no issues with it, and use it a lot.

Recently I have been using development versions to try some new features, so I am not surprised by those CTDs as this version is WIP.

In general, I have a rich history of CTDs within MSFS (including other machines such as CRJ or Cessnas), yet they disappeared in late November.

Speaking exclusively about development version of FBW, almost entire December has been free of those. They have returned around Christmas with large rate, one every second flight.

Flights with CRJ are stable, so naturally everything indicates that recent FBW builds are the cause. I wanted to try a newer build earlier today, but due to Live Weather being down, I am gonna check it out tomorrow.

Make sure you have the latest, older versions will cause issues.

1 Like

Naturally, I always use the most recent build from FBW Installer :slight_smile:

1 Like

W.T.F… Fly over 2h, short before landing on LSZH i got CTD.
FLB 0.7.3

Its so frustrated :frowning:

2 Likes

Unless this is occurring all the time, with today’s server issues I wouldn’t be too concerned

You can see this topic started in August 2020, right?

Anyway, same for me. On various drivers, with and without the community folder, with various amounts of hardware connected and even with different color slippers on each time. It randomly quits for no reason. Downloading the beta now, hoping they fixed it.

1 Like