Crash to desktop without error message

this issue already longer exists, so it must be fixed.

I actually suspected that! I have an old EVGA GTX 1080 superclocked edition,
I actually downclocked it by 100 mhz but kept voltage and memory the same.

But it still crashed….

1 Like

Your double occupancy or whatever you mean, accounts, users or whatever I have no idea but if its two different editions of MSFS then I reckon you’d be wise keeping them both on the same build.

I don’t know much about the Xbox set up, this is a PC thread afterall.

If it helps. I was running a smallish OC in Afterburner for months but after SU7 I had to untweak the memory clock speed back to it’s default.

Thanks for all the help!
Well, the GPU was at factory stock, but using evga precision, I downclocked the GPU by typing in -100 mhz. Still crashed…
Well, 30 FPS is acceptable to me, besides I cranked everything up to ultra!:+1:t2:

My setup stopped crashing since some days and i made some longer flights compared to where it crashed before.
I have a feeling the last windows update helped too, also the last sound driver update, which made the sound better! (AE-7 Creative). Also i removed all DEM mods (austria, switzerland, italy and so on), no stuttering and audio distortion now.

It’s hard to say it is this or this setting, guess it’s a combination.

This Utube vid explains why that worked.

Well for it’s worth, I just loaded into a flight on my first attempt today. I don’t think I’ve done anything different. Maybe Asobo fixed whatever it is they changed? I’m guessing that they changed something when they rolled out SU8 at the beginning of the week.

From my discovers before,

I have every time CTD when my internet goes off, also for maybe little time.

SU8 hasn’t been released yet.
Not until March 1
It is currently in Beta, you would have to join the Beta for any changes to have happened.

Yeah, I meant the BETA. I’m not in the BETA myself, but my hunch is that they changed something server side that affects a large number of people. It’s just strange that that all these unprecedented amount of CTDs started happening at the same time.

I don’t believe anything was changed server side.
CTD’s haven’t changed much lately, they started to escalate big time after WU Australia.
A few folks are wondering if this is caused by another memory leak issue.

No, since Monday, there has been an unexplained number of CTDs when loading into a flight across the flight simming community. I fly in a lot of large groups and many people that never suffered from CTDs in the past (myself included) have suddenly been unable to load into a flight.

1 Like

may all your friends use the same mod :rofl:

EDIT… and I see again AIG…

It’s very possible. I mean they could have changed something that made a very popular mod now incompatible. I just think that dismissing the idea that Asobo changed something is quite naive.

possible is all… but situation is just same as the updates before : in case of installed mods, try first without installed mods and check whether ctd goes away. And I assume this will be same for a long time…

I think I finally found what was my problems. Two days of intensive flying with no CDT anymore.

I ran SFC /SCANNOW and I had a little error who has been repaired
No more CTD since.

Also, I found a great improvement activating “above 4g decoding” in MB bios. Not in terms of framerate but smoothness.

yes, more RAM ( >4gig) can be used for cpu to videocard communication … therefore its also precondition for the new resize bar stuff. In rare cases these setting caused issues, but it normaly good to enable for the current/modern gpus with lots of ram.

Sigh. 2 more CTDs during approach since yesterday. Effectively 1 out of 3-4 flights over 1+ hours will CTD 3-10 miles from the destination airport immediately before or during final. I’ve tested a few theories (from liveries to Little Navmap to offline traffic to AIG traffic) but none of them seems to be the culprit as now all these are disabled or inactive during the flight or deleted.

Right now I suspect it’s either multiplayer or Live traffic or FSRealistic (probably one of the two former), because I’m not running anything else which could be suspect for such behaviour. I think I’ll keep all sorts of traffic disabled for the next 5-10 flights and see what happens.

Happens with all airports, modded or not, rolling cache is disabled, not using any new and untested mods. IIRC it began some time after SU7.

I really can’t wait for XP12 to be released…

My GPU is underclocked and Riva Tuner has never caused an issue with any other games / software I have installed.

If you read through the forum messages since August 2020 (The start of this thread), you will find an abundance of CTD’s without a known error.

You will also find the repeated, “I completely re-installed Windows 10, Flight Sim 2020 vanilla with no addon’s and no overclocking and game still crashes”

So my question to your Den is “Should we say Flight Sim 2020 is still in a BETA phase until they can sort out the bugs and issues that still plague it?”