Crash to desktop without error message

Just yesterday again on final approach at EDDN ILS 28 Z with A320neo and CTD.

Smooth flight for 9 hours and then bam…

1 Like

i also had a ctd approaching LFRS with the A320N FBW .

I’ve had 3 CTDs on the same route (CYYZ-EGLL) in the A32NX. Tonight, it crashed when I was about 1 hour out from landing. All I did was unplug my wireless headphones from the charger (which isn’t even connected to my PC) and it crashed.

It also took my graphics driver with it, cause I had problems with my monitors shortly after.

I had not updated since last November and it was stable then.

Specs:
Ryzen 7 3700x
32GB RAM
RTX 3060ti
800W PSU

Power supply issues?

I did a complete rebuilt of my computer on the 10 of March 2022, then installed MSFS yesterday worked fine today rolling down runway for takeoff at CYFB airport and it froze on the runway and CTD.

Its either SU8 or Windows 11 causing it checked my Event Log.

Application not grant local permissions
DistributedCOM
The Intel Content Protention HDCP Dervice Terminated with following error “unspecified error”.
Event ID: 7023

FIX: Event ID 7023 error in Windows 10/11

The event ID 7023 Windows 10 error, which crashes Windows for some users, arises because the Connected Devices Service terminates. Try checking that dependent services for Connected Devices Service are enabled and running. Some users have confirmed that changing some Shared experiences settings can easily fix the event ID 7023 error.

MS need to fix these issues with Windows ASAP

The permissions in Windows 10/11 is a nightmare and I run everything as Administrator.

Here is an easy to follow guide to find and (hopefully) cure the issue:

Nope, PCPartPicker says I should be pulling ~460W max but I have an 850W PSU

Like I said, I could do full flights without CTDs prior to this update

1 Like

After 2 month of not flying, had to solve a driver issue, this morning i set up a flight from LPPD to EDDF with the A32NX. After landing i looked around the cockpit and “zup”, i found myself back on the desktop.

For the troubleshooters:
I7 10700k @5,1Ghz
32Gb RAM @3600Mhz
RX 6900XT (LC) with AMD 22.2.1 driver
1200W Dark Power Pro 12

Here is the issue report:

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: FlightSimulator.exe, Version: 1.23.12.0, Zeitstempel: 0x00000000
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: RenoirCore.WindowsDesktop.dll, Version: 0.0.0.0, Zeitstempel: 0x619d1943
Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005
Fehleroffset: 0x00000000000082ec
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0xe78
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d83690e77f76ae
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.23.12.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.23.12.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\RenoirCore.WindowsDesktop.dll
Berichtskennung: 3a93d1eb-decc-4c00-aab2-b841b1a0f92a
Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.23.12.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Anwendungs-ID, die relativ zum fehlerhaften Paket ist: App

2 consecutive 0x…05 CTDs over the Alps last night, again for no apparent reason. Hadn’t had anything like that for several months. This time at very high altitudes so it wasn’t during approach or post-landing taxiing (which comprise 99% of my CTDs). The curious thing is that I repositioned the aircraft after the first CTD at the same spot (easy to do when using OnAir) and it crashed again within 5 minutes or so, which wasn’t expected at all.

I reloaded the sim, deleted and disabled rolling cache and the rest of the flight went fine (yes, I had already refreshed my cache after SU8 went out). I can only assume it was something very specific to this area that caused the crash but I’ve lost my will to try and replicate the trillion reasons MSFS can crash.

At least ever since I’ve removed almost all mods, I haven’t had an approach CTD in recent 90-minute flights but then like I said these near-airport crashes always occur after 2-hour flights, so it’ll take more testing.

2 Likes

Follow up on my CTD, after SU8.

Yesterday after my latest CTD I checked permissions and all folders of MSFS, so shared everything, and allow permissions so far no CTD since.

Just make sure you are logged in as Administrator eitherwise you won’t be able to allow share or permission.

This is a MS software so it should have permissions granted this is a problem for a lot of people who have no idea how to do this.

PS: This is on Windows 11 Home never had this issue in Windows 10.

Based on our conversations that have taken place regarding megathreads in Dev Q&As and with our team, this thread will be closing as the original CTD as been resolved. Instead, please follow these instructions to report CTDs in the future:

Thank you!

2 Likes