Crash to desktop without error message

I have the same problem.
Keeps crashing every time I load a flight.
At this stage the sim is unusable.

1 Like

Same problem, crash when my EDtracker or joystick plugged.

An update is out a this time, i’m updating…

Update 1Go without second ingame update.

That works ! Thanks ! No more CTD at loading here.

low trees dont fix for my :sob: :sob: :sob:

Even after today’s update 1.10.8 I still have the CTD problem.
The crash comes after I have entered a flight and it is started.
Since the last update to 1.10.7 I can no longer use the FS.

1 Like

It is very annoying that I pay 100 euros for software and that I have already invested an additional 200 euros in the marketplace for a program that cannot be used.
I hope that the “CTD” error will be fixed as quickly as possible.

3 Likes

Just got this error on 1.10.8.0

No mods.

Exception code: 0x80000003
Fault offset: 0x00000000021e1f72
Faulting process id: 0x1ec0

Tried using Steam Edition, same ■■■■ CTD… what a scam!

Please move your community package(s) to another folder before relaunching the title if you suffer from stability issues or long loading times.

Can someone explain me what this means, what do we have to do with this…is one of the recommendations from the last update!

What this does is stop all your addons from being loaded in the sim at start-up.

I also suffer a CTD even after the latest patch released over the weekend but only after I placed back into the Community folder all my 3rd party addons.

In my Community folder I have a few aircraft liveries, the CJ4 mod and several sceneries consisting mostly of updated regional airports and Melbourne CBD plus some POI’s.

When I pasted back every item into the Community Folder, constant CTD while loading a flight.

Removed everything and all good.

Added just the Melbourne CBD only, all ok, added several POI/airports, OK. added CJ4 v6.1…CTD

removed CJ4v6.1…no CTD.

Added all sceneries, POI’s, airport updgrades…CTD…

Went back to Melb CBD, some POI’s and all OK…basically I have no idea.

1 Like

I was able to solve the CTD problem for myself after the last update by removing the USB Wireless Gamepad (CSL).
Now only use the mouse, keyboard and the flight yoke system.

Thought I had solved the CTD error by removing the USB controller.
Unfortunately it was the case that a flight was only possible by chance.
Now reload with every flight: CTD. :frowning:
Hope we can use the FS again soon.

Plascebo effect, it’s always the same with this sim!

1 Like

Funny thing, I have 0 Addons, and still crashing!

Rolling back to Microsoft vers 2004 to see what happens, I’m getting tired of trying and doing Asobo’s job!

1 Like

Same thing, no matter what, the final result is always the CTD…nice job ASOBO…really nice

How did the rollback of Windows go?
I’m a part of the Insider for Windows updates and might drop out just so I have the more widely used version instead of being ahead and probably more open to issues should something conflict but not be part of a wider user base.

I’m also Windows Insider. On my PC I use it on it’s dual boot. One for Insider builds, the other my “real” PC. I run MSFS on the Insider builds too.

Actually, this PC is triple boot (I use the boot from BIOS rather than Windows 10). The third boot drive is for Gaming. Both BIOS & Win10 optimized for it.

You were in the Alpha… remember the crash with MSFS on 2004 earlier this year (prior to it being 2004)? That got fixed quick! :slight_smile:

I wasn’t able to do it because windows launched a version of the OS newest than 2004 , but also in 2004 I got CTD, is weird because after minute 20 the sim is 99% likely to crash, and I tried both Microsoft store and Steam… look, right now I’m having the issue that I’m downloading it after reinstalling and I got blue screen , when I try to relaunch FS it stucks on Cheking For updates!

Someone tried to run FS2020 in a different OS like Windows 8 or Win 7

Thanks for taking the time to write such a comprehensive list of possible fixes! Much appreciated.

I feel like having to do a MSFS2020 reinstall is going to be way beyond the scope of what people are willing to do… We’ve all started adding mods/add-ons etc etc and reluctant to do that. (Perhaps I just need to backup my community folder… but I feel there is more to it than that)

I think that there are inherent bugs since the last update, let alone the last windows update. I’d get almost NO crashes in this sim, until a week ago… so something is going on.

I believe it could be a windows thing, as even Modern Warfare gave me the same memory error… but only did so once.

So frustrating. I’ll forever love building pc’s and gaming/simulation… but I totally sympathise with those who just stick with Macs because this ■■■■ is just so overwhelming to try fix… It’s incredible how even microsoft can release such buggy updates to its OS. I’m stunned that in the year 2020… this is still such a thing. Aghhhhhh lol