Crash to desktop without error message

Hi,

you still have mods installed ?

There are many issues with mods and removing of these was the solution for some bug reports. In special since 1.10.7.0 a lot of the mods cause the CTD because they becomes incompatible.

Thus please all affected users of a CTD with installed mods:
try to empty your community folder

Note: This should be in general the first thing to try before we can assume a bug in MSFS. With installed mods the ‘helpers’ (and the developers) can not have same comparable preconditions for searching the issue :slight_smile:

Ps.: and yes, I know there are also other reasons which can cause CTD.

1 Like

I have 0 mods installed, i didn’t installed any mod and still I got CTD that goes to blue screen crash and reboot of ther system, I have the latest crappy windows version!

1 Like

I’m done with this $/?§. Before i had crashes in big areas with much traffic. like Frankfurt, New York etc. But now its just crashing everywhere after the last patch. Why they ruin the whole Sim with every patch more and more. I bought a brandnew PC just for the MSFS + the Sim itself and now i dont have any possibility to finish 1 single flight within 30 minutes :roll_eyes:

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: FlightSimulator.exe, Version: 1.10.8.0, Zeitstempel: 0x5f9c145a
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: FlightSimulator.exe, Version: 1.10.8.0, Zeitstempel: 0x5f9c145a
Ausnahmecode: 0x80000003
Fehleroffset: 0x000000000232e462
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x2cf0
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d6b21db8ddd626
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Berichtskennung: 20aafb48-9d2a-4c48-aebc-6e0de006c6ea
Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets:
Anwendungs-ID, die relativ zum fehlerhaften Paket ist:

6 Likes

I feel exactly like you! No more word to say!

5 Likes

Hi @Jhonny8916,

before you now write the 40th post with the same content like "all in MSFS is worst ", I would like ask whether you can give us some more informations about your system ( hardware, software versions, etc. ).

In a former post you wrote you can play 20 minutes and then you get a Blue-Screen…

Blue-Screen and the mentioned Time-Factor points to a possible hardware issue of your system ( or e.g. over heating ). But we can say nothing if the only info you give us is how the spelling of words like Scam,CrashSim,Worst xxx… are.

2 Likes

Ok…let me breathe first after answering…

First of all, let’s begin saying that ALL the Hardware is BRAND NEW…
Second before that first update I was able to play for hours and the Sim didn’t crashed…
Third, I have a well managed Airflow inside fo my gaming Pc with good cable management!
Fourth My specs are over Recommended Settings and I was playing well before that update…

I love MSFS but the code, at some point is BROKEN, it’s simple and me and a lot of people are very frustrated with this, we understand that there are things that are going to be improved etc, but this CTD thing is FRUSTRATING!

Computer Specs:

Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz 3.79 GHz (No overclock)

Ram: Corsair Vengeance 4 x 16 Gb (64 Gb) 3200 MHz

Graphics Card: EVGA Geforce RTX2070 Super 8 Gb GDDR6 (No overclock)

Motherboard: ASUS Z490 ROG STRIX

SSD: NVME M.2 Samsung Evo 1 Tb

Water cooling system Corsair

The components were tested with Cinebench looking for some kind of defect and passed all the Stress tests.

Temperatures while in Game:
GPU no more than 60 C
CPU no more than 45 C

Loads:
CPU about 35-40 %
GPU sometimes gets up to 60 %

Now with this amount of data, tell me what can be worng with this…

Windows OS tried with 1909, 2004 and 20H2 versions…

1 Like

I was getting CTDs after the last patch October29th? I believe it was because I had imported some aircraft from FSX. After removing those aircraft folders from the Community folder I no longer had CTDs.

Hi @Jhonny8916,

na with this info we can start to work :wink:

“New” means not necessary free of issues, but you made stresstests and so we assume no hardware issue at the moment. The Specs are also good, so also no issue on this side.

Before we start I would repeat the point:

• you have no mods installed ? community folder is empty ?
    ( I know, you wrote that, but would be sure )

If not, then remove at first all mods.

If no mods we have to search possible issues with the drivers or the OS .
I hat a lot of trouble with first releases of Windows 2004 ( also bluescreens, random reboots, … ) but the latest updates and changes in intel-drivers fixed this in meanwhile.

I assume you have now Windows 2004 installed ( e.g. Build 19041.610 ? ) ?
Have you installed special drivers which comes with your motherboard ? if yes, which one ? intel-xx ?
Which nvidia driver version you have installed , 457.09 ?

You have other special hardware ? Wireless stuff ?

And beside off this… can you open the XBox Application and are you correct logged-in ?

1 Like

I’m having the same issue I can fly no issues until I start my decent once I get about 8-10 miles from my destination it freezes and crashes to the desktop with no message and it happens every time. This did not happen before update 5

2 Likes

possible the old Azure issue is back… try setting Text-to-Speach to Windows-Offline.

Otherwise, as allways, bit more info is necessary ( and currenlty main point: mods ? :wink: )

The only mods I have are is the fly by wire A320 and the livery mega pack

What is the Azure issue

okay… try to remove / update it

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/the-new-patch-produces-great-cockpits/313556/6?u=michamma

Azure can you change here , “Sound - > Text-to-Speach = > Windows-Offline”.

But as wrote in former post, I assume issue is the mod…

And… also mentioned… in former… former…

Why do these mods now cause issues when they worked before

this you must ask the developers :joy:

It is a normal process… Game (SDK) is sometime updated in such a way that Mods needs an update… and so on… There are some threads about.

Thank you I appreciate the help

1 Like

I’m trying to turn off text to speech but all I have found was turn off narrarator mode other searches want me to download programs to turn off text to speech

ah… yes… if you select Windows-Offline you need to install in Windows the English Lang Pack.

But try this only in case the Removeing or Updating of Mods doesnt fix your issue. If you can play without Mod or updated Mods, then you not need to change the Text-To-Speach setting.

Hello again…
No, no mods installed, this is the order I followed!

1- Install Windows (current ver is 20H2)
2- Install Board drivers update via Armoury Crate (Asus Drivers interface)
3- Clean Graphics Card Installation (current ver is latest 457.09 release date 10/29)
4- Reset Windows Store running command wsreset.
5- Installing the MSFS
6- Installing MSFS updates.
and Playing…

I tried it 0 mods, nothing, MSFS pure as it comes and it’s weird, every time that I start a flight I start a cronometer and after minute 20 of flying no matter what aircraft the sound of the sim stutters 2 or 3 times and that’s the moment when it goes straight to desktop!
Yesterday I let the game in the main menu for about 2 hours to see what happens and didn’t crashed on the main menu, but when I started the flight, after the 20 magical minutes it crashes, I’ve had crashes earlier than 20 minutes other times but most of the crashes occurs after 20 mins…

Another data, I also tried Steam installation with files verification and it was the same result.

1 Like