Crash to desktop without error message

I also tried this fix and in my case didn’t worked…
the only time I was able to fly and even land was following a video of a guy from India, I did a MDPC MKJS and even landed but while taxiing it crashed, I think It was due to other traffics coz I’ve read abt issued with tfcs and CTD… after that set tfcs to 0 and no effect!

Never had a problem until update 5. intel 8800k Nvidea 1080ti 32 g ram
ran smoot on a 2560x1440 in high settings/ultra getting great framerates.
Now msfs loads it startscreen. when going fly. it somtimes crashes duing load, somtimes
startup and crashes shortly after. mostly near large airports.
So I think I¨ll better dust off FSX and xplane again. At least they work.
And even have vr gliders and helicopters. Will offcause return now and then to see if things have improved.

1 Like

Funny you say that, because I did randomly see a bunch of warnings in my Windows Event Viewer regarding Azure and something called videoui or something after I had a CTD.

What even is Microsoft Azure?

Cant I just remove it, whatever it is?

Azure is Microsoft cloud servers. It provides the voice you hear during ATC transmissions.

The other option is to use local voice packs that you install on your PC.

2 Likes

sudden crash after 9 hours of flight (…) from LIMC to KJFK, almost above NYC. nothing to say, really.

Nome dell’applicazione che ha generato l’errore: FlightSimulator.exe, versione: 0.0.0.0, timestamp: 0x5f9c1bd0
Nome del modulo che ha generato l’errore: FlightSimulator.exe, versione: 0.0.0.0, timestamp: 0x5f9c1bd0
Codice eccezione: 0xc0000005
Offset errore 0x0000000000eebb5d
ID processo che ha generato l’errore: 0x3fc8
Ora di avvio dell’applicazione che ha generato l’errore: 0x01d6b3bf16b4b654
Percorso dell’applicazione che ha generato l’errore: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.10.8.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Percorso del modulo che ha generato l’errore: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.10.8.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
ID segnalazione: 64d45ce8-ae8e-4759-98ba-4ce7d561e996
Nome completo pacchetto che ha generato l’errore: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.10.8.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
ID applicazione relativo al pacchetto che ha generato l’errore: App

Bucket errato 2013186486069500178, tipo 5
Nome evento: MoAppCrash
Risposta: Non disponibile
ID CAB: 0

Firma problema:
P1: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.10.8.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
P2: praid:App
P3: 0.0.0.0
P4: 5f9c1bd0
P5: FlightSimulator.exe
P6: 0.0.0.0
P7: 5f9c1bd0
P8: c0000005
P9: 0000000000eebb5d
P10:

Clean installation again… 0 mods installed, flying over a very non populated zone (Cuba) CTD at minute 8

1 Like

Quick question, how do I know wich errors MSFS is having in my computer?

I mean this that many users post…

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.9.5.0, time stamp: 0x5f7c9779
Faulting module name: CoherentUIGT.dll, version: 2.9.5.0, time stamp: 0x5f7613c5
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000013f8a5
Faulting process id: 0x4f3c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d6a4b696ebc6aa
Faulting application path: D:\steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: D:\steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\CoherentUIGT.dll
Report Id: f8b8e809-faee-4a66-8e6a-06a1229173ba
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

This is where it faulted.
However, the Event Viewer is generic faults.

You can also get more detailed Application Errors in Windows 10 by turning on WER (Windows Error Reporting) and make it a full dump. There are mini dumps and full dumps. Full dumps has to be enabled after turning on WER.

To read dump files, download the Microsoft App from the MS Store called: windgb

This app can be complicated to use (learning experience) and after installing it, it will download about 800MB of debugging files after your first load of a dump file.

Full Application Dumps go here (when turned on) - These files can be 2GB+:
C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\CrashDumps

Mini Application Dumps go here:
C:\Windows\minidump

Memory Dumps (BSOD) goes here:
C:\Windows

Checking while allowed to fly the parameters:

GPU load : 75% and 65 Degrees C GPU drops to 71% and I’m flying in the FLight deck and in the middle of a storm

CPU load only 18% and frequency 4.66 GHz

Ram load 18% use 11.5 of 64 GB

:pray:t2: Thank you

run comand prompt as admin type in sfc /runnow it will search for files that is corrupted and repair them automatically for you then your sim should run after you’ve rebooted. I had this issue when i installed the latest windows updates and now it’s fixed and my sim is now running.

Regards,

Absolute mess, i’m not even starting up the game anymore just waiting for updates…

1 Like

Hi @Jhonny8916,

some posts in meanwhile :slight_smile:

A question: your post with the “Windows Event Log” about “CoherentUIGT.dll” → is this from your PC or was this an example from another user ? These CoherentUIGT is a lib for rendering, I remeber me there are some posts in the forum.

Otherwise I would ask

• can you check your Windows Event Log ?
  • which drivers these “Armoury Crate” have all auto installed ( also some what named Intel-Rapidstore * ) ?
  • and another thing, just try these to set the Text-to-Speach mode to windows Offline… not sure about, but is a try

And do not allways reinstall MSFS, makes no sense :wink:

Just took a look on what is happening, when these crashes happen and if I did that right, the only thing I saw, was a connection to http://13.107.246.10/ - from flightsimulator.exe - directly before the sim crashes it tries to connect to this IP.
Browsing this IP says: “Our services aren’t available right now” - anyone a clue, what this is about? It’s a Microsoft-Server as it seems, but what does it do? And what service should it provide for the sim?

1 Like

That IP and many more that MSFS uses is a CDN (think Cloud). It delivers the content you. It might be down for that or from your location to that IP may have issues or is down. However, that doesn’t mean that it cause your crash as MSFS will warn when it can’t connect to a server.

You can try other locations if you are able to get into MSFS. By default, server selections are set to “Automatic”.

Hello again,
About. The crash dump it was an example, I just wanted to put the exact thing that I was mentioning… I’ll have to look into my file to see what my error is…
The sound I have it on Windows offline and English is my OS language.
I tried that fix a long time ago and no results.
When I open my pc coz I’m working now I’ll show you the Armoury crate drivers.

Interesting thing…

Yesterday I finished another clean installation of MSFS and updates… tried a flight today and at minute 8 it crashed, retried again And I was able to do a flight from MUCU to MUSC in Cuba, 59 minutes flight with no events and in a very hard weather environment, PC parameters were ok (I posted it) and I landed, well, I DONT KNOW if this has something to do but While taxiing I saw an airport vehicle and that was the moment when I got the CTd
Aircrafts tfcs are set to 0 but is the second time that I complete an actual flight and the sim crashes while taxiing, airport vehicles has something to do with this, I always do a quick start and spawn on the RWY
I’m wondering if setting airport vehicles to 0 to see what happens.
Another interesting thing is that I installed the FS in the HDD instead of the M.2
Give me your thoughts abt this

hmmm… there are the “Generic models” settings, but thought these not caused CTDs, only strange behaviors of the airplanes :slight_smile: … If we in try-mode, then possible try GenericModels=ON ( both settings )

And HDD ? how long it takes that MSFS comes up ? :rofl:
It should not cause CTD, but makes loading time really slow.

Wow, what a PoS. The game has been running just fine. Update 5 including hotfix. Not a problem. I come back to it after a few days and know that there’s been no graphics driver update or Windows update. Now all I get is a black screen with white boarder on startup and then it winks out. No error message. Eventviewer indicates its an ntdll.dll fault. Check and fix my system, Reboots. Try all the FAQ suggestions on Zendesk. Nothing helps. So one day it’s fine and the next, as if by random, it just CTDs. It’s a fantastic game, but one of the shonkiest bits of programming I’ve come across in a long time.

1 Like

@StainlessBottle
Look at these threads:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/crash-just-after-starting-game/316134

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/flight-sim-doesnt-start-anymore/316139

And this post from the Community Manager:

2 Likes

I tried the HDD installation thiking that there is some kind of conflict with the SSD M.2, I’m trying everything!