Crashes back to Xbox Series X Desktop

Yeah mine is mostly on final as well, like 20-30 seconds before touchdown.

I have no DLC.
When i re-installed MSFS i didnt install any other DLC‘s. So, basically, original game without any add ons.
I got the Premium Edition.

1 Like

I have set the dynamic cache to 100 gb, and I have achieved stability. Two days without crashes.

Cache has no impact if it relates to the DLC I have tested with it on and off and increasing size.

1 Like

Same experience here. I have tested and played around with the cache. Still getting CTD.

My conclusion, having tried everything possible in my power, since the update „game of the year“ things have gone to ■■■■.
So the problem lays with MSFS which we cannot fix it.

I think it’s a combination of DLC not able to be tested properly . Flight sim updates introducing issues with compatibility of DLC. All having an impact and causing CTDs

2 Likes

CTD every time on Xbox. No exception. No flight can be completed. It mostly happens on or near the ground, when there’s lot to stream or render. It is unplayable now. Every aircraft, any airport, any region. It just crashes all the time. There’s a stutter, then another one, a skip in the sound and CTD.

5 Likes

Its strange when i first installed after the release, it never crashed. after 2 or 3 updates, when i start my decent, it crashes. I dont have any third party content installed. Im on Xbox Series X. Sucks to do a 2 hour flight and it crashes within the last 20 mins :slight_smile: I havent played a much since this started

2 Likes

Same experience here. I just want to be able to do long flights without it crashing, especially near the destination airport.

2 Likes

this was my last two flights, unfortunately

2 Likes

I just took off with the Boeing 747 and the sim crashed 1 minute into the flight. It’s downright unplayable.

3 Likes

sim crashed 3 times out of KDFW even with work arounds such as turning live weather on or off…traffic…cleared cache… restart sim etc. I can’t even push back from gate. using 777-300. this is ridiculous

1 Like

Not touched the sim or posted here since late September due to being busy; disappointing to hear people are still having the exact same issues :sweat_smile: :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Today I flew the F/A-18 Super Hornet. I did nothing else, just cruised around Ibiza and Palma de Mallorca (took off from LEPA). I circled around a relatively small area, as well as over the Mediterranean Sea. The sim crashed 45 minutes into the flight. This is completely unplayable.

I tried increasing the Rolling Cache to 16 GB, then 32 GB, but it didn’t make a difference. Now I’m thinking about not using it at all. The sim is unplayable either way.

2 Likes

It is getting to the point for me where i am seriously thinking about complaining to MS and Asobo to get a refund for the game and all the DLC i have paid for.

Getting beyond a joke now and after crashing the other week i can not be bothered playing the game anymore until it is fixed.
The thing is not one word from Asobo about this, it is as if it is not on their radar.

3 Likes

I have purchased the Premium Deluxe Edition but no third-party content at all, and this is the main reason why I probably never will. I’d like to but the sim barely works even without DLC. It’s just unacceptable.

2 Likes

We all share the same experience: long flight, starting to decent, right before touchdown the game crashes. Many other similar scenarios where the game crashes. It’s unbelievable!
I have invested quite some amount $$$ and time, but it’s unplayable.
It’s daylight robbery!

3 Likes

it’s very strange that everyone has different experiences even though we have the same hardware. I only have 3 CTDs in over 200h flight hours. I fly only A320 with 1-4h flights also from big airports like LHR, CDG, FRA… I use the static and the ground vehicle addon. Live traffic and weather on. I don’t no why…

Its unplayable, and it makes you wonder if its a problem with the game or with in for my case the pc. Would of helped if other games also crashed.

Whops, see now that this is for x-box.

What is very odd about this is I’m flying the sim nearly every day. Yesterday, I did two several hour flights, plus a number of “start in the air” approaches to practice using the ILS system in the Embraer EMB 110.

The day before, I flew two 3+ hour flights.

I’m up to 211 hours on my profile.

I’ve only had a couple of CTDs the entire time I’ve had the sim since September, yet for some of you it’s happening so frequently it’s unplayable.

How can this get narrowed down to give the devs a direction to go in? What is the common/uncommon thread here?

Some of you have no add-ons and some of you do. I’ve got the Carenado C170B, YMF5 & Embraer EMB 110, Junkers Ju-52, PMDG DC-6 (not installed), Enhanced Airport Graphics, North America ground vehicles and the Working Title G1000 NXi. That’s it.

I initially started out with a Series S and upgraded to a Series X a week after Black Friday. I had excellent performance on the S, but it’s tough to compare because I barely used SU7 on the S and have only used SU7 on the X. I’ve had the majority of my CTDs (again, barely any) on the X.

Like many pilots, both PC and Xbox, I do get the framerate stutters sometimes on long flights. The worst of it is when landing, especially in highly populated regions such as Los Angeles, CA. This is a long standing issue discussed on another thread and may be what some of you folks are describing.

It’s the add ons…mainly airports/scenery and some aeroplanes from marketplace cause the CTDs. It’s all down to the fact the developers cannot test any content before release on Xbox. They don’t have a platform that will allow them. This is why there is so much content causing these issues. They need the same test environment they get with pc.