Crashing at DFW

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Brief description of the issue:

MSFS crashes every single time when I get near KDFW.

ICAO or coordinates (DevMode > Options > Display position)

KDFW

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Using 787/A320, load into a gate at KDFW, or fly an approach into KDFW. MSFS crashes shortly after loading in, or on final approach.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Xbox Series X

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Yes on Xbox Series S

DFW is the new Bermuda Triangle (NOTAM: Pilots need to circumnavigate DFW Airport by 200nm or more to avoid CTD)

Additionally attempted to spawn and/or arrive at DFW with different airframes. Same issue.

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it? Same issue with new airport add ons

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue: the game will load the flight and crash to main menu of Xbox as soon as you view your plane at the airport, also upon approach. Game will crash to main menu of Xbox. Mostly happens at added on airports. Chicago ohare, Roma Fiumicino, Milan Malpensa. Will also crash shortly after landing at an airport upon taxing to gate.

Windows 11 PC Steam version of sim.

Was able to land at DFW, but CTD as I was taxing to gate.

Fault bucket 1958285398577164388, type 5
Event Name: BEX64
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 1755080335363117657

Problem signature:
P1: FlightSimulator.exe
P2: 1.26.5.0
P3: 00000000
P4: StackHash_cd12
P5: 0.0.0.0
P6: 00000000
P7: PCH_11_FROM_ntdll+0x00000000000A4A64
P8: c0000005
P9: 0000000000000008
P10:

Yes

I started a flight using the default A320neo and right when I switched to External View then got a CTD.

CDT when taxiing from one side of airport to another using
taxiway Y or Z on bridge over highway in DFW

Fault bucket 2176852251296912691, type 4
Event Name: APPCRASH
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: FlightSimulator.exe
P2: 1.26.5.0
P3: 00000000
P4: FlightSimulator.exe
P5: 1.26.5.0
P6: 00000000
P7: c0000005
P8: 0000000001548dbd
P9:
P10:

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Brief description of the issue:

FS crashes consistently during the preview scenes of a simple fir flight from KDFW to RJAA in 747. I suspect there’s a memory fault trying to display the aircraft at the gate with other aircraft and vehicles. Scenario departing from runway is fine.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

select Boeing 747 emerald gold as Aircraft.
Select Kdfw and and medium gate for departure
Select rjaa for destination
Select ifr high altitude
Select January 6 2025 with live weather, 10am time
Multiplayer=all players
Live Traffic

Press FLY button

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Xbox series x

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

Yes

Crashes when i go to the Dallas/Forth Worth area

no

I think this issue may be caused by a memory leak (or some other memory issue). The same CTD can be observed at many other addon airports in the sim. This thread includes reports from many others who similarly CTD on Xbox within only a few minutes of launching the sim at certain addon airports.

The problem only seems to be triggered by “heavy” addons - content with lots of detail. The problem may be exacerbated by animated objects within these addons. Asobo’s KDFW includes an animated tram, and iniScene’s KBUF (which also CTDs) includes an animated radar tower.

I think the observation that these issues likely share the same root cause is a notable one. If that’s the case, this is an issue that Microsoft/Asobo needs to take responsibility for, since it isn’t exclusive to third-party addons, nor is it a one-off problem that’s unique to DFW. The sim simply seems to CTD when it is overwhelmed. In other words, this is an issue with MSFS itself, not the addon content.

2 Likes

Hi,
Similar incident with me also. I had not had any CTD’s since I can remember, and all of a sudden, 2 days ago, I was flying the B-747-8 out of DFW passing 4000FT, when all of a sudden, the computer stuttered 3 times and one second later I was staring at my windows 10 desktop splash screen. Plus, my sound had dropped from my Sound Blaster AE-7 & the external speakers to the default windows sound and the speakers from my monitor (which I then had to re-select back to the AE-7 manually).

I have no addons, FS2020 Premium is in the default location, everything is up to date, I’m not running SU10 Beta, I’m running Windows 10, my video card is a NVIDIA RTX 2080Ti 11GB, I have 64GB of Memory, I have 2TB X 2 SSD’ s, and my computer is 1 year old computer.

Mario

Yup. I am not filling anything out here. I was just trying to take off from KDFW about…5-6 times. Emptied out the community, folder, reset pretty much everything, cleared all cache etc.
KDFW: there is something wrong with this area. The performance is worse than most other places.
Tried several different planes and it still crashes.
The second I look around outside or switch the APU off…or anything random…boom CTD.

I can confirm there is something wrong with this area.

1 Like

Has anyone figured this issue out yet in 2024? I have recently noticed while flying anywhere near NW DFW you will get a CTD. It reminds me of the same issue DCA had near DC because of Andrews Airforce Base being corrupt. I remember following the APX.bgl fix but maybe this is the same issue here. It sucks because as a American Airlines Virtual Pilot, DFW is a prominent part of our airline. But its completely unusable. I was previously able to fly into DFW but now if I go anywhere near that Northern/NW side of the airport (around Grapevine Lake)…CTD. This occurs with and without mods. There also isnt many post about the CTD for Dallas outside of the blurry textures or missing terminals except for this post. Hopefully someone can reply with a solution that worked for them.