Crashing Just Before Flight

Hello, first, here are my PC specs: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, Nvidia RTX 3080, Corsair Force NVMe PCIe M.2 2TB SSD, G.SKILL F4 DDR4 3600 C16 2x16GB(3600 Hz), MSI MAG X570 TOMAHAWK WIFI.

And here is my problem. I set my departure and arriving airports. I press “FLY” button. It does not work. But I’ve found the solution for that. Deleting some files in “custom”. After that, loading screen appears and when it is finished, big map appears on my screen, waits like that for a minute and then crashes to the desktop without a message. I’ve done my research and tried LOTS of solutions eventually reinsatlling the game. None of them worked. Any, other, ideas, that is different? Thank you all in advance. I just want to play the game. (Using XBOX application btw, not steam)

??? - Do you mean: “Community folder”? - If so make sure you test without any mods in there first. And if problem only arise when you have put stuff/mods in your community folder then the error is not MSFS but in one of the mods. - Also make sure you always have the latest version of any mod.

1 Like

I have a RTX 3090 and I’m in a similar boat, except mine crashes after about 5 minutes of flying

Need to watch a video about the new 3rd party cards my man. There have been rumors on them cheaping out on parts. Do you have the FE or a third party 3090?

No I meant "custom. Which is located in “C:\Users\Msı\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\MISSIONS\Custom\CustomFlight”. If I don’t delete them “the FLY” button won’t work. It worked in my first try and then the game crashed. Then the button stopped working. I solved that problem like I said but could not figure out the crash. I did everything I can in XBOX application. I switched off and on many settings inside the game. I reinstalled the game. But nothing. I DO NOT USE ANY MODS OR COMMUNITY RELATED FILES SINCE I DID NOT FLY A SECOND! Thanks for the help tho, at least you tried :frowning:

Are you overclocking your new GPU too much? I know if I had my 3080 overclocked too much I would get a crash while loading or shortly after clicking fly. I have a gigabyte 3080 OC version and if I tried to overclock it more than 50/700 it would crash.

I have a MSI Ventus OC version but I did not overclock it myself. It’s default. Do you use ULTRA settings in the game?

Yes. Ultra on everything. I even went into the user config file And increased building LOD to 10 (effective value 1000) and terrain LOD to 3 (effective value 300).