Crashing to desktop - no log / errors

Hi all,

Have looked through a lot (hours of reading/ browsing etc) of solutions and absolutely nothing has worked …
Had a few days of no problems - 8hr+sessions, no issues at all.

Then my game was CTD after a flight in TBM & tried Citation between UK & Iceland. Replicated 3 times (in real time) crashing at the exact same point on final to Keflavik.

Now this started happening the day before yesterday - read that MSI afterburner caused a few issues, so reset everything to Default, and stopped it launching on startup. Turned off all overlays and basically everything and anything I could in the background. Tried with usual (slightly higher than High) high and low settings. Still crashed, no logs. Verified game files on Steam etc etc

After the patch it still happened so I (reluctantly) deleted the install and started fresh, and now I can’t even load a flight. It crashes as soon as the blue loading bar comes up to load into a flight.

Have been out of the sim game for a long time (prefer Heli’s and very interested in what’s to come) and now I am regretting forking out on the premium version of this… Anyone experiencing the same?

Any help would be much appreciated!!

System info is

Ryzen 5 3600x
MSI Tomahawk X570
GTX 1060 6GB
32GB 3600mhz RAM
Installed on M.2 1TB PCIE4.0

There are quite a few threads on the forums where people are reporting crash to desktops and it seems there is no one single cause. Reports indicate that the ‘fix’ for one user doesn’t work for another user etc. Tracking down the cause is very time consuming. I suggest maybe using the forum search function to find other threads for this issue. If you wanted to be brave, even though it is time consuming, you could take the plunge and go ahead and reinstall windows. It might actually save you time in the long run. However, it doesn’t guarantee that it will solve your problem if the CTD is caused by hardware weaknesses (unlikely but possible) or driver issues.

To get you started, here are two links (Link1, Link2) to existing mega-threads about CTDs.

It would also be a good idea to check out the known issues post to see if you are affected by one of those.

For advanced troubleshooting, if none of the other fixes seem to work, then there may also be some useful information contained in this detailed thread.

1 Like

Experiencing the same - consistent crashes around Keflavik (BIKF) as the terminal loads in. Reproducible 100% of the time. Also crashes on loading a flight originating from there.

Confirmed by several friends - they all crash to desktop around Keflavik.

This alienates at least your Icelandic user-base :slight_smile:

Thanks for the links!

Of all the airport’s I could pick… Absolutely unreal. I am currently loaded up and doing another flight to see if I have any other issues.

So glad it isn’t just me.

Just tried 1.8.3.0 - the CTD seems to be fixed.

Good for you. I never had crashes to Desktop… until 1.8.3.0… now it happens all the time on my system :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Same worked ok till last update now can’t complete a flight.

i’m getting crashed after update 6. straight to desktop. it been stable upto this point

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5fa3fc26
Faulting module name: VCRUNTIME140.dll, version: 14.28.29231.0, time stamp: 0x5f4c66c9
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000000012de
Faulting process ID: 0xd18
Faulting application start time: 0x01d6b927385ad1a2
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.10.11.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.VCLibs.140.00.UWPDesktop_14.0.29231.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\VCRUNTIME140.dll
Report ID: 8c2cd64e-7fe9-4b24-9a25-959648e289c4
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.10.11.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

Hallo Zusammen, hatte die gleichen Probleme wie ihr alle.
Bei mir hat folgendes geholfen : Ihr müsst die Flightsimulator exe suchen ( bei mir Dieser PC/Daten(D:)/SteamLibary/steamapps/common/MicrosoftFlightSimulator
Flightsimulator .exe rechte Maustaste anklicken
Eigenschaften
Kompatibilität
Vollbildoptimierung deaktivieren = Häkchen setzen
Hohe DPI-Einstellungen ändern klicken
Hohe DPI- Skalierung überschreiben = Häkchen setzen
Skalierung durchgeführt von = muss auf Anwendung stehen.
OK dann Übernehmen Fertig.
Mit diesen 2 Häkchen sagt ihr eurem Computer das er die ganze Kraft an den Flugsimulator übertragen soll
Bin jetzt den ganzen Tag durch Europa geflogen ( mit der unstabilen Version vom A320nx )
nicht einmal ins Desktop abgestürzt.
Habe im Flugsimulator alles auf Ultra gestellt = kein Ruckeln kein Zucken alles flüssig.
Mir haben die 2 Häkchen super geholfen.
Probierts mal aus - man kann nichts verkehrt machen
lg

You can also do the same in Windows 10 settings > Gaming > Game Bar > Graphic Settings (text link at upper right)

Then add MSFS to use High Performance with your GPU selected.

Irgendwie ist der Text nicht vollstaendig angezeigt :
Hohe DPI Skalierung aendern
Hohe DPI Skalierung ueberschreiben = Häkchen setzen und auf Anwendung gehen
dann OK

According to the Code of Conduct English is the official language of the MSFS forums, must be used in all categories except for #multiplayer.

Please take this into account when posting. We understand that English is not the first language for many members but there are online translators available which help and make it easier for you to get help.

It also appears that your topic is covered in many other topics on this forum and the amount information you provide is low. Please use the search function to look for existing topics before starting a new one

Thanks for your understanding

Hi guys i have a issue that is when i plug usb joystick or rudder or yoke, the game crash! I i loading the game with they plugged, the game dont charge and crash!! I NEED A SOLUTION PLEASE! it makes me crazy that…Thanks

The same with me…I had no CTD before that update, but ever since with every update after 1.8.3. 0 I have constand CTD and cant finish any flight at all. Only in Developer Mode, I was able to finish one flight that lasted 1. 20 hour . crazy, isnt it ? :blush: