Create Your Own Bush Trips - BushTripInjector [3.3.0 - last update Mar 7th, 2024]

Here is what Michael Bonocore says in his readme file for his Central Idaho Bushtrip package. For fixing weather cloud icon being missing in the overhead menu after saving a bushflight in the middle of a leg or before all of the leg are completed. I imagine it also applies to other things which change, not just the weather change icon no longer appearing.

He seems to say you need to change two or three .flt files:
in the SAVE_xxxx folder with largest number (i.e. the last save), the unnumbered SAVE folder, and if there is an AUTOSAVE folder (sometimes there isnā€™t) then it has the 3rd .flt file that you must alter.

==> He says you do the exact same change in all 2 or 3 .flt files for that bushtrip.

quote:

If you crash or leave the bush trip to come back to later,
your ability to edit weather while flying disappears. If this happens, follow these steps.

-Shut down MSFS
 -Open both CENTRALIDAHOBUSHTRIP_SAVE.flt and CENTRALIDAHOBUSHTRIP_SAVE_0001.flt (or whichever leg was your last completed) from your Activities folder. 

-If you have a folder in that directory called AUTOSAVE, open the CENTRALIDAHOBUSHTRIP_AUTOSAVE.flt file in it as well. 
 - In all of the open .flt files, change the Weather section to only include two items. It should look like this:

[Weather]
  UseLiveWeather=True
  WeatherCanBeLive=True

-Save all files. 
 -Open MSFS and load the Central Idaho Bush Trip. 
 -You should now see the weather icon in the top menu while in flight.

unquote

That is all very helpful.

Thank you so much. My current mission is 1500 lines of code but I can put together a small one with few lines, get it into BushTrips and then we can work on it what it needs to enable auto save.

Thanks again for all your info.
I very much appreciate this.
Hendrik

Thank you so much for the weather icon fix. I was looking for so long trying to fix it.
It worked for me.

I wish you all a Merry Christmas.

One last beta I have published before Santa Claus brings the real gifts:

• Community-Request: Show TTS Trigger-Rectangle on WorldMap from TTS-Sheet (gamer4805)
  • Community-Request: Autoload latest LNMPLN or BTIPLN file on startup. So now there is a splash screen to not make people nervous about BushTripInjector is not/slowly starting (can be disabled in .INI Autoload=0 in [BushTripInjector] section)
  • Community-Request: Set TTS area for departure airport to airport size instead of fixed 0.5nm.

Link to the current BushTripInjector Beta as always in the first post.

One more little thing:

On my way to follow Santa, I ran out of fuel. I talked to him and he said ā€œland at the nearest airport and fill upā€. I wondered because this does not go on Bush Trip, but all of a sudden:

With the just released version you can allow your Bush Trip users to refuel by taxiing to a gas station at an airport.

As always available on flightsim.to, see first post.

Hi, There are instructions to load a bush trip project from previous buhstripinjector version with the new version? I only find option to load the .lnmpln
P.S: it isnā€™t important, it can wait, enjoy of Christmas!!

Just load the lnmpln. There is 90% of the data, the other 10% will load from older version, if you copy the new version over the old one. If you copy/install to a new directory, copy *.ini, *.xml and PackageSource folder from old directory to the new one before loading the plan.
Merry X-Mas

Hi, may be in a future version location fields?
Iā€™m editing trip.loc file in visual studio code hehe

"Languages": {
      "en-US": {
        "Text": "Fly runway heading from Farmington.<br><br><b>Cliff Palace</b><br>Cliff Palace is the largest cliff dwelling in North America. The structure built by the Ancestral Puebloans is located in Mesa Verde National Park in their former homeland region. The cliff dwelling and park are in the southwestern corner of Colorado, in the Southwestern United States."
      },
      "es-ES": {
        "Text": ""
      }

Good Idea, thatā€™s currently my job. A small preview from development with semi automatic translations:

I donā€™t know the quality of those translations because I donā€™t speak Spanish. But I know I need 5 secondsā€¦

1 Like

Great!! Itā€™s funny to hear azure reading the Spanish text haha.

I figure that translate button use a translator (google translator or other), If someone doesnā€™t like this I think that is so easy as make the fields editable.

P.S: The ā€œintroductionā€ field in ā€œBase Dataā€ is gray for me. Iā€™m trying to know where edit this and date/hour to the next time that I open Bushtripinjector it load the new info.
Editing the *.loc in project folder isnā€™t loading the changes, anyway I can compile the new info after of edit the file.

P.S: Itā€™s this file? \BushTripInjector\BushTripInjector.ini

The language fields are editable, of course. Only fields I get from LNM are read only, because they should be maintained in LNM. The introdcution is the flight plan remarks in LNP.

1 Like

Iā€™m really excited to see if I can get this program to work for me, Iā€™m wanting to try to create my own bush trip across North and South Islands of New Zealand, but when I try to generate the trip, I get an error saying Project Generation Failed. Any suggestions to work this out would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Hello Aviation1903
Merry Christmas!
Thank you for trying the beta of BushTripInjector, I am very happy about that. I have created two trips in New Zealand myself for testing, one for the north and one for the south. These are part of my test for the mag. Declination, as this is very high in New Zealand.

I need more information to investigate your problem in more detail. I will write you a PM about it in a moment.

BuffyGC

Many thanks for putting all this together.

I have just generated my first multi stop trip in the UK from Cranfield to Caernarvon via various airports and waypoints including Silverstone F1 circuit, the RSC at Stratford upon Avon, Spagetti Junction on the M6, and other waypoints in Wales. So easy and simple to create and load and no errors on exporting to the Community folder.

Tomorrow I will see if I screwed up somewhere as I fly the Trip.

1 Like

Everything working great and easy to use. Congratulations on a fantastic tool.
The only issue I have is compiling the trip from BushTripInjector (I can compile from within the sim OK)

I have the SDK installed and the paths set up
Do I need to have MSFS running for this to work?

error

I also got a vcruntime140_1.dll error so not sure if that is related

I tested out the first trip that I made as per prior post.

With half the stops so far made it worked flawlessly but as planned a couple of the stops are hard to find with one being a short strip so an accurate approach was definitely required. The landscape is pretty flat for the first half of the trip so accurate direction control is needed,

I have now amended the initial planning doc with better descriptions and will fully amend it when I have flown the second leg.

I am flying the trip in a 172 with G1000 which I am presently unsure if the flight plan can be set up to programme the GPS with each leg.

1 Like

I donā€™t understand how to create legs and sublegs.
With LNM, I create legs between 2 airports, and I can put in FS with BTI.
And itā€™s OK, but how to create intermediate landings?
I want to split the trip into multiple legs.

thx

That sounds interesting. If you want, Iā€™ll take a look at your BushTrip before you publish it and maybe give you some tips. Just PM me if desired.

I think the G1000 will be filled for all legs over the complete trip, however the course line will be hidden. So it is possible to follow the course via the MFD settings or even use the autopilot in nav modeā€¦

Simply right-click on an airport on the map in LittleNavMap and select ā€œAddā€ or ā€œAppendā€ to flightplan:

Too easy to find it.
Thx

1 Like