Create Your Own Bush Trips - BushTripInjector [3.3.0 - last update Mar 7th, 2024]

When approaching East Midlands Airport:

Steve Bloomer’s Watchin’,

Helping them fight,

Guiding our heroes,

In the black and the white.

DERBY

1 Like

A small intermediate release (v0.3.2): Due to a bug, the rectangles for flying in and out were not always recognized correctly by the sim.

As a result, I was now able to unlock the one-click feature for generating text-to-speech from the waypoint texts (incl. wikipedia). Of course you can decide for each waypoint if you want to use text-to-speech or not.

I have the same issue, when I finish leg1 and go out, after I must start again the trip. With default bush trips I think that is possible to continue where you left it.

Hi,

If I understood you correctly, you don’t have a problem with BushTripInjector, but a question about creating different mission by yourself.

I have now investigated this a bit and talked to some other guys. We haven’t really found a conclusive solution or answer either.
The guys believe, think, suspect it depends on the type of mission and there are no properties or attributes for it.

Hi Spark,

I need some more information to investigate your issue with BushTripInjector. I’ve send you a PM.

BuffyGC

That is correct. I have created my own mission and was able to add it successfully to the bushtrip.
However, when I exit my mission (AirlinersEnv) in the middle it does not get saved. When I revisit my mission it starts from the beginning. The difference between my mission and the other bush trip missions is that I don’t use any legs. But I’m not sure this is the reason.
I looked into the .Flt files to find any hints with no success.

Maybe I missed something. I just noticed that the landing challenges can’t be saved either.

Here is a screenshot of my mission in the bush trip.
There is a little bit more about my mission here:

Ok, so it is not the MissionType. When I look at the saved missions, a directory is created for each leg. So it could be that there are complete legs (departure and destination airports). This would also be the difference to the landing challenges.

You could add a leg for testing, then we see if it is really because of that.

I can also offer you to take a look at your PackageSource. If you want to do this, send me a PM

That is a great hint.
Can you tell me where those “leg” directories exactly are created for each leg? Because I could not find them in the mission folder within the community folder (unless I missed something).

Also, it seems when saving a mission flight with legs at any point of flight it picks it up right there where left when loaded again, not just at the completed legs. If that is what you might mean.

The thing is I had removed all legs from a mission xml file (from someone else) that had worked saving flights. And with that almost empty mission file would still save the flight. So I suspected it must be somewhere in the .flt file and not the mission xml file.

I’m not at my flightsim computer right now but I can post a screenshot of my PackageSource later.

Thank you so much for looking into this.
Hendrik

Of course, in the FLT file are the Legs and waypoints, too. Only removing from XML is only half of the way.
And I don’t want to see a screenshot of your PackesSource, I need the content of this to have a deeper look into the content of the xml, flt, pln, …

Saved mission are located for
STORE-Version:
%LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\MISSIONS\ACTIVITIES\

STEAM (for most regions of the world):
%APPDATA%\Microsoft Flight Simulator\MISSIONS\ACTIVITIES\

There you find something like this:
C:.
├───AUTOSAVE
│ └───BCKP
├───NEVADA_SAVE
├───NEVADA_SAVE_0001
├───NEVADA_SAVE_0002
├───NEVADA_SAVE_0003
├───NEVADA_SAVE_0004

In each folder are FLT files with the leg only, a compiled XML (SPB) and a (binary) FSSAVE.

Here is what Michael Bonocore says in his readme file for his Central Idaho Bushtrip package. For fixing weather cloud icon being missing in the overhead menu after saving a bushflight in the middle of a leg or before all of the leg are completed. I imagine it also applies to other things which change, not just the weather change icon no longer appearing.

He seems to say you need to change two or three .flt files:
in the SAVE_xxxx folder with largest number (i.e. the last save), the unnumbered SAVE folder, and if there is an AUTOSAVE folder (sometimes there isn’t) then it has the 3rd .flt file that you must alter.

==> He says you do the exact same change in all 2 or 3 .flt files for that bushtrip.

quote:

If you crash or leave the bush trip to come back to later,
your ability to edit weather while flying disappears. If this happens, follow these steps.

-Shut down MSFS
 -Open both CENTRALIDAHOBUSHTRIP_SAVE.flt and CENTRALIDAHOBUSHTRIP_SAVE_0001.flt (or whichever leg was your last completed) from your Activities folder. 

-If you have a folder in that directory called AUTOSAVE, open the CENTRALIDAHOBUSHTRIP_AUTOSAVE.flt file in it as well. 
 - In all of the open .flt files, change the Weather section to only include two items. It should look like this:

[Weather]
  UseLiveWeather=True
  WeatherCanBeLive=True

-Save all files. 
 -Open MSFS and load the Central Idaho Bush Trip. 
 -You should now see the weather icon in the top menu while in flight.

unquote

That is all very helpful.

Thank you so much. My current mission is 1500 lines of code but I can put together a small one with few lines, get it into BushTrips and then we can work on it what it needs to enable auto save.

Thanks again for all your info.
I very much appreciate this.
Hendrik

Thank you so much for the weather icon fix. I was looking for so long trying to fix it.
It worked for me.

I wish you all a Merry Christmas.

One last beta I have published before Santa Claus brings the real gifts:

• Community-Request: Show TTS Trigger-Rectangle on WorldMap from TTS-Sheet (gamer4805)
  • Community-Request: Autoload latest LNMPLN or BTIPLN file on startup. So now there is a splash screen to not make people nervous about BushTripInjector is not/slowly starting (can be disabled in .INI Autoload=0 in [BushTripInjector] section)
  • Community-Request: Set TTS area for departure airport to airport size instead of fixed 0.5nm.

Link to the current BushTripInjector Beta as always in the first post.

One more little thing:

On my way to follow Santa, I ran out of fuel. I talked to him and he said “land at the nearest airport and fill up”. I wondered because this does not go on Bush Trip, but all of a sudden:

With the just released version you can allow your Bush Trip users to refuel by taxiing to a gas station at an airport.

As always available on flightsim.to, see first post.

Hi, There are instructions to load a bush trip project from previous buhstripinjector version with the new version? I only find option to load the .lnmpln
P.S: it isn’t important, it can wait, enjoy of Christmas!!

Just load the lnmpln. There is 90% of the data, the other 10% will load from older version, if you copy the new version over the old one. If you copy/install to a new directory, copy *.ini, *.xml and PackageSource folder from old directory to the new one before loading the plan.
Merry X-Mas

Hi, may be in a future version location fields?
I’m editing trip.loc file in visual studio code hehe

"Languages": {
      "en-US": {
        "Text": "Fly runway heading from Farmington.<br><br><b>Cliff Palace</b><br>Cliff Palace is the largest cliff dwelling in North America. The structure built by the Ancestral Puebloans is located in Mesa Verde National Park in their former homeland region. The cliff dwelling and park are in the southwestern corner of Colorado, in the Southwestern United States."
      },
      "es-ES": {
        "Text": ""
      }

Good Idea, that’s currently my job. A small preview from development with semi automatic translations:

I don’t know the quality of those translations because I don’t speak Spanish. But I know I need 5 seconds…

1 Like

Great!! It’s funny to hear azure reading the Spanish text haha.

I figure that translate button use a translator (google translator or other), If someone doesn’t like this I think that is so easy as make the fields editable.

P.S: The “introduction” field in “Base Data” is gray for me. I’m trying to know where edit this and date/hour to the next time that I open Bushtripinjector it load the new info.
Editing the *.loc in project folder isn’t loading the changes, anyway I can compile the new info after of edit the file.

P.S: It’s this file? \BushTripInjector\BushTripInjector.ini

The language fields are editable, of course. Only fields I get from LNM are read only, because they should be maintained in LNM. The introdcution is the flight plan remarks in LNP.

1 Like