Critical Damage while Taxiing - Custom Airport / DevMode

I’ve spent a few weeks customizing my home air park and have a polished product ready to go. It loads fine and looks great. Runways are hooked up and traffic works for the most part.

However, I have 1 main taxiway with 2 spots that seem to have an invisible obstruction that causes critical damage even when moving at low speeds. I’ve tried removing trees and vegetation from the nearby area but that didn’t work. I’ve also noticed that the ‘elevation’ of the taxi path varies along the route as the elevation of the ground below changes but not by more than a few feet. The other clue is that one crash happens at a simple 4-way intersection if that means anything.

What’s causing these ‘crashes’ with terrain/objects?

I’ve tried to build while ‘Flatten’ is enabled on the Airport object itself and with the option disabled but both cause the same crash with damage. I’m losing hope at being able to publish my creation due to this bug. Any advice on how to go about troubleshooting this would be welcomed.

Have you tried turning on the debug collision? Maybe there is an invisible object on the taxiway?

Also, does the problem happen with an empty community?

Or with the default scenery (without your mod)

Can you tell the ICAO of the airport and the taxiway causing the issue? More info can help helping

Thanks for the reply! Those were good suggestions and it turns out you were pretty close.

It was vegetation that wasn’t in the taxi path directly but was close enough to trigger the collision.

I removed the polygon with the offending vegetation and it works great now!

Truth be told, you also informed me of the Collision Debug which was new to me!

This has been resolved! Thanks again. :grinning:

1 Like