CRJ 700 ILS approach

Hello,

Just trying to fly a ILS approach with the CRJ700, I’ve been reading the manual over and over, watched the videos but can’t get it right.

Could someone make basic step by step, what basic data is required, where to put this data I know after 100 tries :sweat_smile:

Like does it need the frequencies on auto or man, put on approach only in the final approach?

Thanks allot in advance,
Bram.

Check out YouTube. Definitely some excellent videos on flying and landing the CRJs.

1 Like

Frequencies on auto means the FMC will find whatever frequencies it thinks it needs for whatever you’re doing automatically. Manual mode means whatever you set as the frequency will stay there, the system won’t try to find another frequency for you and won’t change it. Although auto should work, I set my ILS frequencies manually and put it in manual mode so I know they are set correctly and won’t change.

Random thoughts:

• Are you hitting the APPR button before the IAF?
  • Is your NAV source set correctly (green needles on the PFD)?

Those would be my first two suspects.

1 Like

These might help, this is me flying two ILS approaches:

youtu. be/1TglRT_Q8Uo

youtu. be/48mevk3V7II

Just remove the space in the addresses. K have no idea why I can’t post links.

Thanks a lot for you’re reply gonna try this afternoon

1 Like

Videos are great. Subscribed to your channel this morning.

Thanks a lot, I appreciate that!

1 Like

Yep they are +1

1 Like

Very much appreciate the positive feedback, thank you!

Thank you, finally, with watching you’re videos step by step managed to get the first decent ILS landing. :+1:

That’s fantastic! I’m really glad to hear that. I try to be pretty organized and do things consistently, and with everything to be done I’m a CRJ and only one pilot it’s not always easy. I am instrument rated and that helps, but I also watched and read a ton about the CRJ. There’s a guy called “thedude” on YouTube who is a real CRJ pilot and he’s fantastic to watch.

Any questions feel free to ask!

1 Like

“I’m a CRJ” shou LLC be “in a CRJ”, for some reason I can’t edit my posts.

1 Like

I really don’t understand this. Why can’t I edit it posts? It SHOULD read “in a CRJ”.