CRJ Aerosoft issues

Hello guys, honestly speaking a m a bit disappointed about this aircraft considering its price. Is already my fifth flight and I have the following issues

• the Aicraft have Problems following NAV mode. It wobbles from left to right overshooting the designated heading

• at high altitude the planes is not confident of holding the desired altitude

• for none of my flights the aircraft has been capable of following the glideslope

Is someone experiencing similar issues?

Thnaks!

3 Likes

Are you blaming the aircraft because you can’t manage the VS rate and throttle? Sure it takes a little practice but it is easy enough to do if you make the throttle and VS adjustments soon enough and don’t over correct.

For high altitude. You give no aircraft setup details so I can’t say anything about it.

Wobble in NAV mode. This has been discussed to death in the Aerosoft forums. Yes it does depending on your crosswind angle and wind speed. The devs show how Asobos crappy wind model causes it. They may wait for Asobo to fix winds (there are many problems with winds as most of us know) or maybe Aerosoft can work around it. We will see. I only get it maybe once in every 8 flights or so so it doesn’t bother me much and it is easy enough to switch to heading hold mode for a little while to filter it out.

2 Likes

I have flown the crj about twenty times so far, and found it a very good aircraft. But you have to manage speed and pitch very well otherwise you will encounter problems. So this aircraft rewards good skill and punishes errors.

3 Likes

well i just flown the 550 and the experience was much better, it did capture the glideslope and maintain the NAV. I guess depending on the sim and weather conditions the aircraft will something have problems to perform.

1 Like

Yeah, being forced to fly the vertical guidance manually is pretty cool. In a jet with auto-throttle I think most of us leave it up to the computer all the time. Here, no choice :slight_smile:

Landing manually from maybe 1,000 feet with a good stabilized approach it is very rewarding. I’m still not used to the sight picture on descent though. I always feel like I’m too high and my descent rate is always 1,000fpm if I follow the snowflake. That seems a big aggressive to me.

1 Like

This problem with holding course doesn’t happen when using heading hold so the idea that this is only to do with the wind modeling and therefore blaming Asobo is a little far fetched. Not to mention that literally every other plane doesn’t have this issue (you would think a problem with the platform would affect, you know, the platform). Even the idea that its OK to leave this glaring nav issue because its someone else’s problem is purely childish. This is highly disappointing for an aircraft and company that sells itself on quality.

2 Likes

Good point. Aerosoft also point the finger at Asobo over the ILS debacle. If the ILS works on default aircraft then it is difficult to understand why Aerosoft can not get the ILS system to work in the CRJ.

1 Like

I fly this plane alot, and the ILS GS does always seem to capture correctly but desend too quickly. However I find it easy to let it capture and then switch to VS mode and adjust to follow the indicator manually. I figure an update will take care of it eventually.
The wobble. A workaround. Turn off the 1/2 bank mode. I believe the issue is in certain wind conditions the AP doesnt take into account the limitations of having it on and cannot correct its path accordingly. It doesnt completely fix it, but is a marked improvement.
I bought this aircraft with the intent that it would take my Rotate MD80’s place until someone got a maddog into FS2020, but I’ve found myself enjoying it more and more. Once you get over the initial learning curve and get a flow down, cold and dark to takeoff is fluid and quick, it climbs well, is nimble enough and though i still struggle a little bit with FMS alterations in flight(im sure it is my inexperience with it more than anything) I have had a great time with this aircraft.

2 Likes

Anyone know when the next update is due?

I am also enjoying this aircraft and it is a great addition o MSFS. If an aircraft is sold as ‘high end’ then it should have a functioning ILS. I asked Aerosoft a few days ago when this would be fixed and they replied that this was unknown because Asobo were partially responsible for the problem

It’s been a while I don’t fly this aircraft
 I just couldn’t find a way to land this plane clean, after touchdown the aircraft wanted to go out the runway (with calm winds) the rudder corrections made it even worst make the aircraft slip all over the place, until today i still don’t have ir the reason for it unfortunately

Happens to me frequently, too. It’s apparently to do with the Lift model in the Sim (according to AS) that overestimates the lift at flaps 40.

Every other landing - fully configured and sometimes slower than the calculated touch down speed - when correcting the attitude on either the yaw or roll axis the opposite wing gains lift so heavily that it’s impossible for me to control the aircraft on ground. Even if I were doing something wrong it’s physically impossible to behave like this IRL.

No fun having to go around so often.

Yeah totally agree! I guess we need to wait until the platform matures overtime
 at the moment I guess I stick back again to the FBW A320 :blush:

1 Like

Bill I share your frustration with that answer. It seems silly that nearly every other aircraft in the sim can follow an ILS, maybe too well even, but this one cannot. BUT, knowing the very little I do about computer programming, perhaps they had to do something differently than the other developers to fix another issue and the normal ILS coding is suffering because of it. It may not be a limitation with the ILS itself but some other system. I have 0 idea really, I’m merely speculating. It doesn’t really benefit Aerosoft in anyway that it doesn’t work, so I have to believe they’re trying to find a solution. In the meantime, it will force me to work on my hand flown landings. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The more I dig into this aircraft the more I get buyer’s remorse. The autopilot behavior for this plane is absolutely terrible. I should have done more research instead of listening to the “study-level” fanboy nonsense. I am also sticking to the FBW A320.

5 Likes

Here’s the problem with that, if the workaround creates a bigger more obvious problem, then is the fix/workaround really worth it? Its like saying, “Hey I cured your common cold but, now you have cancer”. This isn’t good design decision if this is the case which is perilous to the rest of the project. I would rather err on the side that they were lazy. On the other hand, are they developing this plane for MSFS 2020 or another platform??? If it’s meant to work with MSFS then it should adapt to whatever discrepancies MSFS has just like how they have to with other platforms.

3 Likes

Not sure it was ever advertised as study level. Any “study level” planes I know of crest $100, so I would never expect it to be. I have flown several successful, enjoyable flights with this plane. That said, my taste isn’t everyone’s, so to each their own.

Well whether the autopilot functions properly or not is not a matter of taste. As for “study level” sure, lets look at how they advertise then: “Extensive Flight Management System and Honeywll ProLine Avionics including Advisory and Coupled Vertical Navigation” and “accurate, highly realistic autopilot for conventional or satellite navigation”. You tell me if this is “highly realistic autopilot” or not. This is not a matter of opinion.

4 Likes

What benefit would any developer have to be lazy? Criticism today comes easy, so I’d think they would want to do the best job possible. I’m for one am glad that they released it now despite it’s glitches. I don’t like the bigger liners and was waiting for a midsized plane to fly with this sim, I can still enjoy it while they refine some details.

I have had 0 problems with the autopilot, other than the swaying which is occasional and the ILS GS. Are you having another problem? You seem to be combative about this. I am not saying your thoughts are invalid. Simply offering another perspective and trying to offer a temporary fix until the developer releases an actual one.